South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FvZ asks MM: Who was going to pay the killers?
MM: This man was going to take out money, ZT would take it and put it in cubbyhole. MQ would then take that money.
FvZ asks if it was mentioned that ZT would pay the killers beforehand.
MM says yes. He says ZT was going to meet MQ before but that didn't happen.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/LIVE-Dewani-in-court-day-17-20141107

What does he mean by cubbyhole? Somewhere in the car?

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 4m4 minutes ago

VZ: see Mr Tongo told the court, the hijacking would take place earlier that evening, but Qwabe and Mngeni were not there, he decided on his own to drive off to Somerset West, what do you say about that? There was no arrangement with him for dinner,because he would be hijacked before that.

MM:what i know from Tongo is that they were supposed to go for dinner and then the thing would happen.

VZ:Tongo's testimony had nothing about dinner in Somerset West before the hijacking. do you have any comment on Zola's story that the hijacking would have taken place after driving around CT?

MM: I had no information about that.

Good grief, a bunch of killers and arrangers who don't really know who they're killing, when, where or how much they are going to be paid for doing so - or by whom?

If Anni's killing was so casual, it makes it even more tragic, if that's possible.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 3m3 minutes ago

VZ:did you discuss with Tongo and Qwabe what time the hijacking was supposed to take place?

MM: never discussed a time. Didn't know exact time, knew it was going to happen Sat night.

MM:I would say at 9 or 10pm, not certain about the time.

VZ: you were in control, you had to make sure things happened as planned..so where were they going to kill her? were they supposed to kill her?

MM: yes because Tongo said man wanted wife killed. Never went into details about how she was going to be killed.

VZ: were they going to shoot/throttle/stab her?

We adjourn till Monday.

Horrible for Anni's family.

Ayesha ‏@CloraVannieKaap 2 mins2 minutes ago

#DewaniTrial Vinod Hindocha shakes his head as Mbolombo talks about the plan and arrangements to kill Anni.

Thanks for the tweets guys, even though this trial is very depressing. Talk about the banality and triviality of evil.

IIRC Tongo told Mondo to take it up with the gunmen - as far as I remember

that's true, but I think VZ is wording it differently. But then again, it is tweets and short cuts are taken.

EWN Reporter ‏@ewnreporter 3m3 minutes ago

VZ:did you discuss with Tongo and Qwabe what time the hijacking was supposed to take place?

MM: never discussed a time. Didn't know exact time, knew it was going to happen Sat night.

MM:I would say at 9 or 10pm, not certain about the time.

VZ: you were in control, you had to make sure things happened as planned..so where were they going to kill her? were they supposed to kill her?

MM: yes because Tongo said man wanted wife killed. Never went into details about how she was going to be killed.

VZ: were they going to shoot/throttle/stab her?

We adjourn till Monday.

Did he get an answer to the last question? Why adjourn before he got a reply?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many thanks to PrimeSuspect, newone and Zwiebel for all the regular tweeting.

It's tricky and time consuming going backwards and forwards between the pages in order to post, great job.

:tyou:

Many thanks to PrimeSuspect, newone and Zwiebel for all the regular tweeting.

It's tricky and time consuming going backwards and forwards between the pages in order to post, great job.

:tyou:

thank you for your contributions too.

this trial is very frustrating -- less than encouraged that justice will be served

thank you for your contributions too.

this trial is very frustrating -- less than encouraged that justice will be served

Yes, can't really see what the court can do with the evidence so far. It's definitely one where there's 'reasonable doubt'. Who else can give evidence for the PT, the police? I can't imagine SD will have confessed to anyone whilst in the UK. Much of the circumstantial evidence is thin e.g. the CCTV in the hotel room with Tongo; if any of us had something pointed out, like cameras, we'd look up at them too. Having said that I do think his ongoing contact with Tongo is fishy, but not evidence of conspiracy to murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia