NOTGUILTY South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where is everyone on this important day ... PrimeSuspect, Estelle, Emirates, King Charles?

One of my absolute favourite photos

to be honest that always bugged me --- his car was his meal ticket....((there was never any mention of insurance that could be paid in the event of his vehicle being trashed))

Yep, me too. But I did wonder if it was his car or owned by his employer. That never seemed to be clarified? Maybe he just thought he would get another one from them?

Well, I said there would be a watertight judgement if she threw it out, so she is crossing every t and dotting every i. If she were allowing the trial to continue, she would be reading a much less detailed judgement.

If she throws it out, I think it's the right decision. Had this been a jury trial then it would have been more unpredictable but if I had been a juror (based obviously only on what we've been allowed to get of the trial) I'd have had to acquit.

I think this is thrown out, justice is very much done. It's bad enough it was brought to trial and his name/face has been broadcast all over the world accused with this as well as his private life being brought out on display. The man has obviously gone through enough.

Also, I do understand the cries for him to testify for the sake of her family, but aren't we forgetting that he's already told his story a number of times, even to their faces. If he's innocent, which the judgement is declaring and if you can for one second imagine, what is the point of him telling the same story again. Let him grieve in peace surely.

O/T but the body of murdered SA hostage Pierre Korkie is on its way home today. So sad for his family, and wifee Yolande. :(

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 55m 55 minutes ago
Traverso taken the view that everything turns on Tongo's evidence.

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 42m 42 minutes ago
"@LA_JANSEN: #DewaniTrial Traverso thoroughly summarising Tongo's version. Shrien Dewani's eyes are fixed on the judge. Looks anxious."

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 41m 41 minutes ago
Regarding arrest: upon arrest one is entitled to be informed of reason for arrest (under Criminal Proc Act s39(2)).

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 39m 39 minutes ago
"@LA_JANSEN: #DewaniTrial Traverso summarises Tongo's testimony under cross examination, which she says was "riddled with contradictions

James Grant @CriminalLawZA . 39m 39 minutes ago
"@LA_JANSEN: #DewaniTrial Traverso: "It must be borne in mind that the credibility of a witness plays a very limited role""

James Grant @CriminalLawZA · 44m 44 minutes ago
"@LA_JANSEN: #DewaniTrial Traverso thoroughly summarising Tongo's version. Shrien Dewani's eyes are fixed on the judge. Looks anxious."

I think this is thrown out, justice is very much done. It's bad enough it was brought to trial and his name/face has been broadcast all over the world accused with this as well as his private life being brought out on display. The man has obviously gone through enough.

Also, I do understand the cries for him to testify for the sake of her family, but aren't we forgetting that he's already told his story a number of times, even to their faces. If he's innocent, which the judgement is declaring and if you can for one second imagine, what is the point of him telling the same story again. Let him grieve in peace surely.

Unfortunately, we have never seen Dewani questioned on his story - or rather stories. Because just because he was more subtle than Oscar Pistorius, and added information at later stages, bit by bit, it doesn't mean it was one consistent version. It was not, imo.

I've just caught up, thanks zweibel for keeping us updated. It does sound like she's wrapping up rather than allowing the trial to run its course.

T: if anybody should decide to sue...a copy of the affidavit should be made available...

(Was tthat in ref to Hindochas?)

T:..not credible...how was accused to get out of vehicle with child locks on?

T: Tongo knew conspirators were dangerous but drove to meet them not knowing if money was in the car...

T: Importantly, Tongo testified when kidnap did not take place there was a msg...there was no such communication

Judge talking about conversation in restaurant between Dewani and Tongo where Dewani was 'stressed andd threatened me...I then went to my car..' When confronted with this, Tongo said Dewani never threatened him, it was a 'mistake by one who typed it'.

the issue of the blackberry being set up for international roaming and thus SmS not being shown has NEVER been addressed - there would be no record -- very sloppy on the part of the presentation of the PT MOO

T: This story about Dewani threatening...must be considered in relation with audio evidence: Mr Mbolombo

And someone just decided to staart convo with me and I lost myself...:(

Judge talking about money in the vehicle, how Tongo's explanations of discrepancies in evidence 'followed a theme'

Leigh-Anne Jansen @LA_JANSEN · 38s 39 seconds ago
#DewaniTrial Shrien Dewani is going to be standing for a while. Traverso is reading from a lengthy document. Unclear how many pages though

T: Mr Tongo had now placed himself in the back seat with child locks on...his evidence here is almost incomprehensible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back