South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi van Breda, 22, murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Henri is now crying as he listens to the call.

Clip 2 is an unanswered call to the police.

Clip 3 is call for ambulance to be dispatched. Trouble continues with trying to find Goske Street.

Philander (Emergency call operator) - when something life threatening happens to you, you are going to scream, shout, when I get back to you, you are going to want my job. Victims don't allow you to play with their time.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...ay-13-20170517

Nick Pawson ‎@NickPawson80
Now hearing call from Philander to police operator - inordinate amount of time spent locating address, no sense of urgency

Philander says at this stage she still thought it was a prank call.

Henri sounds frustrated, but still trying to help. Explains their house is not on Google Maps. Asks them to search for a house in Allemann Street.

Anthony Molyneaux‏ @AJGMolyneaux 11m11 minutes ago

#vanbreda back to inside court. ER Philander now says she thought it was prank in beginning. Surprised at how relaxed he was.

#vanbreda next recording is ER person phoning police. Ringing for about a minute. No answer. Then tried again.

#vanbreda Next clip is ER to police. ER reports assault on wine estate. ER says Henri is caller's name. His family was attacked with axe.

#vanbreda Police also struggling to locate the address. ER spells street name and estate. (Henri emotional again)

#vanbreda ER and police officer are speaking on phone. Confusion. Cannot find address. (Henri looks distraught) @TimesLIVE

#vanbreda ER continues to speak to police officer.
Back to court and ER says that even at this stage she still thought prank as they could

#vanbreda not pick up location with cell no. Henri gave.That's what pranksters do.But Henri stayed on the line.That made me think it's not.

#vanbreda ER says normally people in traumatic situations will shout and scream at me.

#vanbreda Henri didnt.

#vanbreda now we're back on next call. ER & police speaking with Henri. He gives a different address called Allermann Str. to help ER locate

#vanbreda his house. Now they ask his cellphone number.

#vanbreda police officer enters cell number into system. She says the police can go to 10 Allermann Str. and phone Henri when they get there

#vanbreda Henri says you have to go past my house in your way to Allermann street. He will wait outside. Henris says please bring ambulances

#vanbreda H:please bring ambulances first, that's the most important. ER says she can't send ambulances if she doesn't have proper address.

#vanbreda (ER person said she still thought it was a prank which is probably why she didn't want to send ambulances without proper address)

#vanbreda Back to court. ER witness continues to explain her previous experiences with traumatized people & how Henri didn't do any of that.

#vanbreda Judge says ER testimony is opinion. He agrees she is experienced but the court will decide if that is evidence or not.

Philander says when someone calls, they don't want to hear that you can't find me. They tell you you are going to find me where ever I am. I am not going to wait [anywhere else].

Call 5 now - ambulance.

Judge Desai says the ER testimony is opinion. He agrees she is experienced, but the court will decide if that is evidence or not.

Gives operator the address and contact number for Henri. In final clip, is the actual conference call. He tries to help them find location. Operator starts speaking Afrikaans to him after he says it's in Stellenbosch. He responds in English.

He tells ambulance dispatch that they [his family members] are bleeding from their heads.

Desai asks if defence wants an adjournment. Botha says Henri wants to get this over with.

Anthony Molyneaux‏ @AJGMolyneaux 43s

#vanbreda Recording 6: ER speaks with ambulance operator. Repeats story that Henri gave her. (Henri is fighting back tears.) @TimesLIVE

#vanbreda recording 7: ER tells Henri that she is sending ambulances to Allermann Str. Henri has to give name of street&estate again.

#vanbreda ER services are really struggling with getting his address.

#vanbreda Ambulance operator asks what's his emergency. He says his family were attacked with axe&are "bleeding from the head." @TimesLIVE

#vanbreda Call ends 07:37am on morning of murders. State ends questioning. Court adjourned. Henri storms out of court. Clearly emotional.

Do you get the idea that Henri (or advice from the Defence) has actually in advance planned to get the hair cut the day before the hair evidence and on the day ER describes him as cool and calm on the phone, he becomes emotional, cries and storms out of court? Henri describes Marli as "one teenage girl" which sounds so detached!

In other words, does HvB's reaction in court all sound staged as in OP case or genuine?

Maybe he regrets it all now or just feels sorry for himself. Also could be disgusted with himself for sounding so unemotional on the phone - hence his storming out?

Anthony Molyneaux‏ @AJGMolyneaux 43s

#vanbreda Recording 6: ER speaks with ambulance operator. Repeats story that Henri gave her. (Henri is fighting back tears.) @TimesLIVE

#vanbreda recording 7: ER tells Henri that she is sending ambulances to Allermann Str. Henri has to give name of street&estate again.

#vanbreda ER services are really struggling with getting his address.

#vanbreda Ambulance operator asks what's his emergency. He says his family were attacked with axe&are "bleeding from the head." @TimesLIVE

#vanbreda Call ends 07:37am on morning of murders. State ends questioning. Court adjourned. Henri storms out of court. Clearly emotional.

Probably cross at himself for not sounding more convincing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you get the idea that Henri (or advice from the Defence) has actually in advance planned to get the hair cut the day before the hair evidence and on the day ER describes him as cool and calm on the phone, he becomes emotional, cries and storms out of court? In other words, does it all sound staged as in OP case or genuine? Maybe he has regrets now or just feels sorry for himself.

IMO he's a self serving liar who will do whatever is necessary in court to avoid jail and ensure a big pay day.

Henri is very emotional.

[One green bucket coming up]

Short adjournment.

I'm going to make a cruel comment, but I think HvB is crying with embarrassment and shame at how poorly he comes across in the recording. He knows it looks bad, he's doing an OP, crying for himself, no one else.
Janine Philander is just giving her impression of the call and maybe attempting to excuse her lax attention to a serious situation, but how could she distinguish this call from a prank call?

I'm going to make a cruel comment, but I think HvB is crying with embarrassment and shame at how poorly he comes across in the recording. He knows it looks bad, he's doing an OP, crying for himself, no one else.
Janine Philander is just giving her impression of the call and maybe attempting to excuse her lax attention to a serious situation, but how could she distinguish this call from a prank call?

I know! He's probably sitting there thinking "Lawd, I had hours and that's the best I could come up with???"

Tammy Petersen‏ @TammyPetersen87 1m1 minute ago

@News24 has a copy of the Henri #VanBreda emergency call clips in its entirety. It will be uploaded soon.

No tears for his poor family at the time. Tears now only for himself.

Nick Pawson‏ @NickPawson80 16m16 minutes ago

Judge Desai asks defence to check on Henri #VanBreda who is visibly upset by replay of '911' call @News24

EWN Reporter‏Verified account @ewnreporter 16m16 minutes ago

#VanBreda Court adjourns for tea break. Emotional Henri speaks to his lawyer. The. Leaves court in tears. Face red. SF

Tracey Stewart‏ @Traceyams 17m17 minutes ago

@CapeTownEtc #vanbreda Judge Desai says lets adjourn, rightly so as Henri needs a moment, he is sobbing as he leaves court

Get me a green bucket.

He disgusts me with his court antics. Tears of self-pity because judge is looking at him. Zero remorse.

News24 has a copy of the Henri Van Breda emergency call clips in its entirety. It will be uploaded soon.

We are back. Cross examination by Adv Botha.

Botha - it struck me that when you spoke to my client, you spoke quite calmly and slowly.

She says she is trained to remain calm and speak slowly.

Botha - I can put it to you, my client as a child stuttered. He had to receive speech therapy. One can quite clearly hear him stutter.

Philander says she didn't pick it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads