South Africa - Martin, 55, Theresa, 54, Rudi van Breda, 22, murdered, 26 Jan 2015 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping we hear from a neurosurgeon this week. HvB has engaged the services of a Dr Mike du Trevou who can testify about Henri's injuries which apparently left him unconscious.

Or not responding and pretending to be unconscious.

I guess I'll go to the loo now before we get started......morning all.

Hi everybody :wave:

Remember zweibel and her lovely treats? Enjoy :p

Perankan-High-Tea.jpg

While on bail, HvB moved from rented room to rented room with a girlfriend he met last year at the Capsicum Culinary Studio chef school near Cape Town.

He has since dropped out of that course, too.

Which is a pity, because if he does go to prison, being qualified as a jailhouse cook could be an asset.

Providing, of course, the authorities let him anywhere near knives and meat cleavers.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/op...r/news-story/97af4fbfcf5fbc62adf6c1c92cf0bf87

[video=youtube;PRJvk3rkJ7M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRJvk3rkJ7M[/video]

Dang......that was fast......till tomorrow. Sheesh

Judge Desai hearing Botha's complaints about the media. JD believes what's been reported has been correct.

Court adjourned till tomorrow! :gaah:

https://twitter.com/Traceyams

We are in court, but the states blood splatter expert is ill and will not be available all week

Defence had blood splatter expert in court and now that evidence can't be dealt with

Defence raises issue with reporting inaccuracies in raport, such as Henri's DNA on his mothers finger nails- false reporting

JDesai had no idea doesnt read report but agrees wrong reporting leads to wrong perceptions,appeals to press to report accurately

Desai,little he has seen in press has been largely accurate so he is surprised,appeals to reporters to ensure accuracy

The states blood splatter expert won't be in court this week, they have made arrangements with other witnesses

Due to the state's blood splatter expert being ill, court will be postponed till 10am tomorrow 15 August

That is likely where I recalled family discord re Martin being controlling and Teresa feeling restricted that I mentioned a couple of days back. I think the family dynamics were not normal and somehow they managed to keep this under wraps OR Martin's brother was less that truthful when he said he saw no problems.

It is possible to keep it all under wraps. I had an extremely unpleasant father with a foul temper and us children constantly hoped he would not be in. Thankfully he went out most evenings, BUT more to the point, his 7 brothers and sisters had no idea what he was like. As soon as they turned up on the scene he was absolutely charming. Had we mentioned his disposition to his family we would have been in really bad trouble so we all kept quiet until we were married and away from the family home.

I picked up from the tweets this article from May 2017 which I don't think has been posted before. It gives more detail about the family dinner argument in whatsapps between Marli and her boyfriend Reade-Jahn.

https://www.pressreader.com/south-africa/weekend-argus-saturday-edition/20170513/281633895159573

Thanks Tortoise.
For me it paints a picture of a teen love affair that the parents started to question and Rudi sided with his parents, Henri, of course, didn't. Teresa said some stern words about Marli's grades going down, even more vocal than Martin which is interesting, pressure building from within concerning the wayward and strange son who shirked his responsibilities?

Martin and Teresa were ambitious for themselves and their children, they were hugely successful and their children wanted for nothing. This has to come at a price and HvB knew his days were numbered with his slack ways and drug taking, he would have to answer to his parents, so arrives January 25.

Marli's bf was welcome in the home, so they weren't as severe as families who prohibit their teenage daughter dating, but obviously there were rules like Marli's schooling mustn't suffer.
Martin may have been a stern but a loving father, it's apparent Rudi was his favourite though. The Uncle probably didn't find Martin's misogyny out of place, this is SA after all.

Martin exerted greater dominance over Teresa once they returned to SA, much to Teresa's dismay. This might have affected HvB's mood, things were changing and he didn't like it.
Reade-Jahn proclivity for violence is a bit alarming, teen boys like to impress their girlfriends with their bravado, even so, he took it too far, no wonder he was a suspect.

Link for when it starts [video=youtube;VPcvOt3lUwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPcvOt3lUwY[/video]

Doubt that would come anywhere near what DT would be charging.

Sources close OP's legal team said of R17m (£995,000) run up in the course of his seven-month trial, R10m remained unpaid at the end of his trial.

Barry Roux is a SC (QC) and Oldwadge a senior Junior Counsel. If the SA fees structure is similar to Oz, a Junior is entitled to charge 2/3 of those charged by a QC/SC.

Neither Botha nor Combrink are SC’s and their fees would be much less. If a trial runs longer than anticipated and the client runs out of money, counsel either work for nothing or a public defender would take over. That most definitely wouldn’t happen in a high profile case such as this. Don’t forget the lawyer’s fees though and they will be massive.

In Oz, a high profile silk can be as much as AUD 10,000 a day. The ordinary man can’t afford anything remotely like this.

This trial will be longer than OP’s which IIRC ran for 35 days not including the appeals, and we're now up to day 32.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...storius-spent-1m-defending-murder-charge.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r