GUILTY South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If Jason told Susan it was over he could have left the room and gone to spend the rest of the night in Susan's room, seeing as he couldn't resist her and had made a decision.

I hate that this trial has been dragged out with so many intervals, the evidence loses its freshness and impact. Not that it should be rushed but it loses momentum.

I hate that this trial has been dragged out with so many intervals, the evidence loses its freshness and impact. Not that it should be rushed but it loses momentum.

I was not impressed with LVN's closing.
With all the time that was available, I would have thought his closing would be more powerful.
Hope the Defence is even worse.

I was not impressed with LVN's closing.
With all the time that was available, I would have thought his closing would be more powerful.
Hope the Defence is even worse.
Is he finished? I'm on a bit of a delay because I've had to pause to let the cat out and answer the door to the postman!

Jenna Etheridge‏ @JennaEtheridge 10m10 minutes ag#Rohde LVN says the evidence of Carol Nader, who gave couples therapy to Jason and Susan, supports that of Susan's psychologist@TeamNews24

Jenna Etheridge‏ @JennaEtheridge 2m2 minutes ago
#Rohde LVN says that Nader's role was to do a primary assessment, use supportive, preventative counselling and refer to other professionals. He says not much weight can be attached to her opinion on diagnosis but rather to Newcombe's expertise. @TeamNews24

The Judge spends quite sometime on Nader's report, continually questioning, that the report stated, it was not based on fact, and what that could mean.

Jenna Etheridge‏ @JennaEtheridge 2m2 minutes ago
#Rohde LVN touches on how the defence attacked Steenkamp for prescribing benzodiazepines to Susan with suicide risk and didn't follow up enough. He says that Steenkamp treated Susan correctly and was credible and reliable. @TeamNews24

Last edited:
I now am pleased with LVN.:):):)
As he has continued, he has presented a summary of the witnesses, and also indicates where the Defence's Cross, is in error, and gives his reasons.

LVN has indicated, he hopes to finish today.

They now have a break, back at 2pm, for LVN.
Defence has indicated, he may take 2 days.:(:(:(:(:(

I now am pleased with LVN.:):):)
As he has continued, he has presented a summary of the witnesses, and also indicates where the Defence's Cross, is in error, and gives his reasons.

LVN has indicated, he hopes to finish today.

They now have a break, back at 2pm, for LVN.
Defence has indicated, he may take 2 days.:(:(:(:(:(
I agree, LvN brought Susan to life, she was a vivacious, feisty lady, she wouldn't give up that easily.

2 days for defense, this will be interesting.

I just had to pause and go for my shower since it looked like they were never going to break. I've got more catching up to do now, so I'll be able to give my opinion later (probably when no one is here LOL). Glad you both thought it picked up.

• If you juxtapose the idea of a depressed and defeated person, and Susan adamant that she wanted to be at Spier with her husband, intervening, confronting, arguing, none of it evokes a despairing hopeless case. Rather it shows an activated, involved, agitated person. #Rohde

Nick van der Leek‏ @HiRezLife 11m11 minutes ago
Approaching 13:00. Van Niekerk signs off the morning session with security guard's testimony. "I saw the gentleman pushing the lady." #Rohde

Nick van der Leek‏ @HiRezLife 9m9 minutes ago
Whoah, Van der Spuy looks haggard. Looks like he's aged 13 years in 3 months. Shame. Says he expects his closing arguments to last 2 days, twice as long as Van Niekerk. #Rohde

DrUIU7OWsAAmsCp.jpg

I agree, LvN brought Susan to life, she was a vivacious, feisty lady, she wouldn't give up that easily.

I dread the Defence.
I will start getting worried again.:(:(:(
Even before I hear the Defence, I still think the Judge will give us GUILTY, as she is 'spot on' with so many points.

Prime, could you please do the tweets etc, as this is your thread.:):):):):):):):)
I feel I am drowning.:(:(:(

The Judge intervened a lot. I got the feeling that she is leaning in the direction that Susan hanged herself, as she came to the realisation that her marriage was over. LVN stated that Susan was a fighter, loved her daughters, had many reasons to live etc. But with the evidence presented in the trial, her seeing a counsellor, fighting with Jason over his affair, give me the impression that she was obsessed with saving her marriage. When that did not happen, she gave up.
I would hope more weight was placed on evidence found on scene. (bathrobe inside out, belt on the bed, position of the body). Hard evidence does not leave room for speculation. The problem in this case is that hard evidence is either missing, or successfully been challenged by the defence.

Prime, could you please do the tweets etc, as this is your thread.:):):):):):):):)
I feel I am drowning.:(:(:(
Hey tmar, don't feel you have to do it. It can be caught up on later and its not a necessity anyway with the videos being available to watch. Maybe a summary will be posted with one of the news sites which will be easier to post.

The Judge intervened a lot. I got the feeling that she is leaning in the direction that Susan hanged herself, as she came to the realisation that her marriage was over. LVN stated that Susan was a fighter, loved her daughters, had many reasons to live etc. But with the evidence presented in the trial, her seeing a counsellor, fighting with Jason over his affair, give me the impression that she was obsessed with saving her marriage. When that did not happen, she gave up.
I would hope more weight was placed on evidence found on scene. (bathrobe inside out, belt on the bed, position of the body). Hard evidence does not leave room for speculation. The problem in this case is that hard evidence is either missing, or successfully been challenged by the defence.

Oh Dora, I hope not.
Let us hope the Judge tears down the Defence, but we have a long time to wait.
I think she will.:):):)

She saw through the 'so called' Expert Defence Witnesses I felt, even stating "I don't want to be mislead".
I'll always remember that.

Hey tmar, don't feel you have to do it. It can be caught up on later and its not a necessity anyway with the videos being available to watch. Maybe a summary will be posted with one of the news sites which will be easier to post.

Great.
A few was OK, but when LVN went 'on and on', I felt, I couldn't just give up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TX_TNvol
Back