South Africa - Susan Rohde, 47, murdered, Stellenbosch, 24 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question... does anyone know the statistics of any suicide victims, particularly women, who commits suicide while naked?

The article below said there is very little information to be found re naked suicide generally. That was in 2008 though. It does refer to incidents re both men and women and the differing psychological reasons for them. They have not been able to collate reliable stats. and explain the reason.

"The author's review of suicide cases in litigation revealed that an estimated five to eight percent had completed suicide while naked. The percentage of all suicides that are completed while naked is unknown.

Given the dearth of information available about naked suicide, this article is offered as an initial exploration of this topic. It is hoped that letters to the editor and case reports in response will stimulate discourse about this little understood phenomenon."
The percentage of all suicides that are completed while naked is unknown.

Naked Suicide

Just a question... does anyone know the statistics of any suicide victims, particularly women, who commits suicide while naked?

Nunehi, There is a case here, on Websleuths, Rebecca Zahau: ?? staged naked suicide.
This case, after many years, is ongoing.

WATCH LIVE: Rohde trial resumes with forensic pathologist testimony
06 August, 10:11 AM

Property mogul Jason Rohde is back in the Western Cape High Court as his murder trial resumes.

Rohde has pleaded not guilty to the murder his wife Susan and allegedly staging her suicide on July 24, 2016 at Spier wine estate in Stellenbosch. Watch live.

WATCH LIVE: Rohde trial resumes with forensic pathologist testimony ...
https://www.news24.com/Video/SouthAfrica/News/hold-watch-live-rohde-trial-resumes-20180806WATCH LIVE: Rohde trial resumes with forensic pathologist testimony. 06 August , 10:11 AM. Property mogul Jason Rohde is back in the Western Cape High ..
RELATED
9cfe69190b374703b3e9d87f6974183d.jpg

64c7004a2cdd467fb3f424acaf6e6e3a.jpg

f3169ed055304257b04457cd063dc663.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-7_8-29-20.png
    upload_2018-8-7_8-29-20.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2018-8-7_8-29-20.png
    upload_2018-8-7_8-29-20.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
State is 'not accepting' Dr Loftus's expert opinion, when it contradicts Dr Kahn and Dr Abrahams:
not only Pathology Differences, but evidence presented in Court, specifically the position of the ? staged death (not committed suicide) as testified by Desmond Daniels.

Last edited:
The State requested a postponement, which was accepted.
To continue on 7 August.
Last part of State's Cross Examination of Dr Loftus, involved extracts from a book, obtained via the Internet.
This is at present unavailable.

Last edited:
WATCH LIVE: Forensic pathologist continues testifying in Rohde trial
07 August, 10:07 AM

Dr Izak Loftus, the second forensic pathologist for Jason Rohde's defence team, continues testifying in the property expert's murder trial.

On Monday he testified that he believed that Susan had died on the bathroom floor of her and her husband's hotel room at Spier in July 2016. Watch live.

upload_2018-8-7_19-24-54.pngSubscribe on YouTube
RELATED
852f3ce6ecac4212939672985ab0a0ca.jpg

9cfe69190b374703b3e9d87f6974183d.jpg

64c7004a2cdd467fb3f424acaf6e6e3a.jpg

TRENDING

Attachments

• upload_2018-8-7_19-24-54.png
    upload_2018-8-7_19-24-54.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 4
Rohde trial: Was Susan still alive when found behind bathroom door?
2018-08-06 16:04
Jenna Etheridge
Whether Susan Rohde was dead or alive when she was found hanging behind the bathroom door of a hotel room was a question debated in the Western Cape High Court on Monday.

Dr Izak Loftus, the second forensic pathologist for Jason Rohde's defence team, testified that he believed that Susan had died on the bathroom floor of her and her husband's hotel room at Spier in July 2016.

Pointing to one of the photos from the scene, he said that liquid on the tile floor near the body was her urine.

He said bowel and bladder evacuation was common at the time of death.

"This is where the deceased passed away."

Again Tuesday, this was discussed.
Dr Loftus states it is highly probable, Mrs Rohde was taken down (rescued) from her hanging, and she died during the CPR act, performed by two 'lay persons': CPR was unsuccessful.

Due to the brevity, of the Cross Examination, Graham van der Spuy, requested postponement until tomorrow, as unprepared with his witnesses, for this afternoon. (in my own words).
Postponed until tomorrow, 8 August.

Nunehi, There is a case here, on Websleuths, Rebecca Zahau: ?? staged naked suicide.
This case, after many years, is ongoing.
Therefore the question tmar ;-) I don't know from all the case studies that I've read that this is common. Most ladies will rather commit suicide in clothing unless it was a spur of the moment thing JIMHO

Rohde trial: Was Susan still alive when found behind bathroom door?

Again Tuesday, this was discussed.
Dr Loftus states it is highly probable, Mrs Rohde was taken down (rescued) from her hanging, and she died during the CPR act, performed by two 'lay persons': CPR was unsuccessful.

Yes, indeed Dr. Loftus, CPR was unsuccesful because Susan had been dead for quite some time. And if I remember correctly, it was Jason's colleague who tried to resuscitate her, Jason was doing nothing to help.

Yes, indeed Dr. Loftus, CPR was unsuccesful because Susan had been dead for quite some time. And if I remember correctly, it was Jason's colleague who tried to resuscitate her, Jason was doing nothing to help.

Previously, It was mentioned, at time of CPR work, (was it by JR's colleague) that Susan was COLD.
Hope this is stated shortly.
She wouldn't therefore be still alive, during CPR actions!!!

During Cross Examination of Dr Loftus, on 6 August, he was handed 'one page' initially for overnight.
An extra 4 pages of the extract (plus cover page of book) was handed to him the following day, 7 August, and marked as an exhibit.
Discussions occurred:
about the possibility, that the skin can have creases/crinkles in process of placing neck in backward position,
whether lividity lines in neck appear parallel. There was disagreement.

Dr Loftus made it clear, the articles were about children, going in great detail, about children having more fat tissue, in these areas regarding these points.

On return of Graham van der Spuy with Dr Loftus, GVS requested that the initial page handed to Dr Loftus, be also handed in as an exhibit.
He questioned Dr Loftus, whether this first page, indicated the article was about children.
There was no such indication.
GvS referred to this initial page, as a 'cut and paste' for this exhibit.

Above, is my summary, as found no tweets, and video may not work for others.

I noted an error, when Dr Loftus was speaking about morphology in the video, on 7 August.
At the 20.23 point, he stated the microscopic examination is at a LOWER phase, when compared to macroscopic examination. (Perhaps only a minor mistake verbally, or am I not understanding).
He then spoke of electronic microscopy, being at a higher phase at 20.27 point.

Nick van der Leek‏ @HiRezLife
#Rohde trial becoming ridiculous now.
6:01 PM - 6 Aug 2018

Nick van der Leek‏ @HiRezLife
Why do we still need to have court cases, when we have defense experts like Dr Izak Loftus telling the court the legal opinion is 95% that Susan #Rohde committed suicide? We could forego all the evidence, ask him, and get through the trial in 5 minutes. We don't even need a Judge
8:32 AM - 7 Aug 2018

WATCH LIVE: Jason Rohde's former colleague to testify
Examine in chief.

WATCH LIVE: Jason Rohde's former colleague testifies

08 August, 10:22 AM

Cross examination

Jason Rohde's former colleague, Brendan Miller, gives evidence in the murder trial of the former Sotheby's boss.
Rohde and his wife Susan had been attending a Sotheby's annual conference in Stellenbosch when he allegedly murdered her and staged her suicide.

Unable to copy both videos.
Perhaps can be found, on Internet by persons interested.

Last edited:
Jason: "I am a social drinker. I did drink that night but am very conscious of my drinking when I am a host. You can't be drunk, be a CEO of a business and hand out awards. No ways was I intoxicated

Meanwhile in an article (link below) Ameermia who was on stand today who incidently seems to have had a lapse of memory said in her original statement as published in the article.
"In a statement to the police‚ Ameermia said she and Alterskye had been sitting in a colleague’s room in the early hours of the morning when Rohde had arrived.“The door opened and it was Jason Rohde‚ quite drunk‚ entering the room.

Estate agent witnessed Jason Rohde and his wife arguing before her body was found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee