South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few observations about some of the opinions in Dr. Phail's posts.

As a "sleuth-er", I would of course, be interested in why Sean Mulveyhill decided to participate in bullying Phoebe. I'm also curious as to why Casey Anthony allegedly killed her child, why Timothy McVeigh blew up the that building in Oklahoma City. There might be some societal value in understanding the mindset that enables such cruelty...so hearing "excuses" has some larger value.

However, as a juror, I would have little interest in motivations. IMO, although many criminals do whatever feels right to them, hoping NOT to be held accountable...if it is not "right" in the laws of our society, that's the bottom line to me. They CHOOSE to do the crime, they then must do the TIME.

That's the deterrent of our criminal justice system. Sure, you can CHOOSE to make this girl's life a living Hell for months...but if your actions have consequences...YOU must "pay' them.

Likewise,it matters not to me if these people have other redeeming qualities. Most people do. That does not mitigate the side of your pysche that indulged this behavior toward another human being.

And, I am "impressed" with the charge sheet. Taken one by one, the few actions listed may not seem "impressive."...but this was a group effort, undertaken over a three month period. Single actions in a reign of terror may be singled out to appear trivial. But they did NOT occur...in singularity. They occurred as part of a monstrous WHOLE. All the participant's in Phoebe's mental torture knew THEIR efforts would be compounded by the efforts of others...their cruelty amplified by help from their friends.

So they must pay for the totality of the effort they engaged in. I might say I only swung the bat once into a victim...but if I'm swinging that bat with others armed with bats, with similar intentions...I OWN the totality of the "kill."

My opinion only, of course.

There are so many Narey families in MA. Springfield especially. One of the SM supporters has a few on FB as friends.
I noticed that, too. Many Nareys. A family name that appears rooted in the area, to me.

Remember though, we have the obit, the Dad, Ray Narey, died. Did the Mom remarry? Or is she using her maiden name?

Just a few observations about some of the opinions in Dr. Phail's posts.

As a "sleuth-er", I would of course, be interested in why Sean Mulveyhill decided to participate in bullying Phoebe. I'm also curious as to why Casey Anthony allegedly killed her child, why Timothy McVeigh blew up the that building in Oklahoma City. There might be some societal value in understanding the mindset that enables such cruelty...so hearing "excuses" has some larger value.

However, as a juror, I would have little interest in motivations. IMO, although many criminals do whatever feels right to them, hoping NOT to be held accountable...if it is not "right" in the laws of our society, that's the bottom line to me. They CHOOSE to do the crime, they then must do the TIME.

That's the deterrent of our criminal justice system. Sure, you can CHOOSE to make this girl's life a living Hell for months...but if your actions have consequences...YOU must "pay' them.

Likewise,it matters not to me if these people have other redeeming qualities. Most people do. That does not mitigate the side of your pysche that indulged this behavior toward another human being.

And, I am "impressed" with the charge sheet. Taken one by one, the few actions listed may not seem "impressive."...but this was a group effort, undertaken over a three month period. Single actions in a reign of terror may be singled out to appear trivial. But they did NOT occur...in singularity. They occurred as part of a monstrous WHOLE. All the participant's in Phoebe's mental torture knew THEIR efforts would be compounded by the efforts of others...their cruelty amplified by help from their friends.

So they must pay for the totality of the effort they engaged in. I might say I only swung the bat once into a victim...but if I'm swinging that bat with others armed with bats, with similar intentions...I OWN the totality of the "kill."

My opinion only, of course.
Worthy of bolding, imo. I agree. It was a conspiracy to break her, imo.

I think that the reason Phoebe's case has received so much attention is a result of the disgusting comments made on her facebook memorial page after her death and the apparent lack of remorse by her tormentors at the Cotillion dance two days later. I would imagine that this shocked people who were then even more enraged by these kids hardness and cruelty. Also Darby O'Brien, who works in PR and advertising, got involved and obviously knew who to talk to i.e. Kevin Cullen who wrote some great articles on it. Maybe the schools handling of its investigation (by not expelling the students and what not) added fuel to the fire in the publics eyes.
Perfectly wrapped up. It's true. It's like all the stars in heaven finally lined up for poor Phoebe. Too bad all that help wasn't there when there was a chance to save her.

hmmm seems according to one of Sean's supporters on his group who I think is underage so I won't say her name publicly, "everyone at SHHS is hoping for the best with sean, it deffinetly has not been the same with out him! :("

hmmm seems according to one of Sean's supporters on his group who I think is underage so I won't say her name publicly, "everyone at SHHS is hoping for the best with sean, it deffinetly has not been the same with out him! :("
It reminds me of that hostage syndrome...what's it called, again? Patty Hearst reportedly had it...

I noticed that, too. Many Nareys. A family name that appears rooted in the area, to me.

Remember though, we have the obit, the Dad, Ray Narey, died. Did the Mom remarry? Or is she using her maiden name?

And a bunch of Sullivans too.

I don't know if the mom remarried but can she legally use her maiden name? I know on FB she probably could.

Not sure about using the maiden name. Anybody know what MA law might be about that?

Phoebe smoked

i always look up to the window that looked into her living room and i just always remember sitting there listening to techno with her and watching south park and she went to light her "*advertiser censored*" with the toaster bc she didn't have a lighter, it was so good. a week ago maybe i saw people up there moving things and i pulled over and made my mom drive bc i was gunna cry and i don't think i could handle all of that at once. i just hate never seeing her♥

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=258524962326#! closed group?

WHOA! Someone was friends with the person who lived below her!

Chris Lukasik: I never knew her and honestly, I never heard anyone talk bad about her. But that's because when I'm in the hallways I kinda am in my own world and I don't pay attention to what people say in the hallways. But I have never met her or seen her. I knew her as the upstairs neighbor to my best friend. But I never knew people disliked her so much.
Phoebe is looking down on us now in Heaven and she forgives us, everyone that hurt her, everyone that did know what was going on, everyone that didn't know, she's safe now and she forgives us.

Thank you WaddupYo...for all this info you are finding for us! Much appreciated!

This Katie Broderick is on the FB page talking about how much she misses her. But this was back in February, the 25th to be exact. I've only read her 2 comments on here so far. Is this the same KB that I've read that harassed her too?

Thank you WaddupYo...for all this info you are finding for us! Much appreciated!

I'm consumed with this story. I have to know that these kids will be punished. I also find out a lot of information going back to January stories. People were commenting a lot back then.

This Katie Broderick is on the FB page talking about how much she misses her. But this was back in February, the 25th to be exact. I've only read her 2 comments on here so far. Is this the same KB that I've read that harassed her too?

Pretty sure it is.

Phoebe smoked

i always look up to the window that looked into her living room and i just always remember sitting there listening to techno with her and watching south park and she went to light her "*advertiser censored*" with the toaster bc she didn't have a lighter, it was so good. a week ago maybe i saw people up there moving things and i pulled over and made my mom drive bc i was gunna cry and i don't think i could handle all of that at once. i just hate never seeing her♥

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=258524962326#! closed group?
You know what? Sadly, I started smoking at 12 years of age. I was always feeling too much. As a child, I turned to substances to ease the feelings. Always looking for something outside myself to bring me peace. Thank God, now I know better, peace comes from inside out, not from outside in...imo.

I was fearful when all of my kids went through puberty, that they would have a surge of emotion that they'd try to suppress. Luckily, *knocking on wood*, it's been all good. It just wouldn't surprise me if she smoked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18