South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having alot of faith in the authorities of South Hadley, at this point, I'd like to know more about how she died. Are we sure it was suicide?

That was a question that I had from the first....no other family was apparently at home at the time, meaning she would have been first to arrive home at the end of the school day. If these abusers were attacking her and following her as she walked home...how is it known that they did not follow her into her house? I know that is a horrible thought, but one I hope that LE looked into.

FWIW... and this would be considered RUMOR only---several places local posters say that the charges regarding disrupting a school or public assembly are based on the actions of these abusers during the memorial gatherings after Phoebe's death.

jmoo

I don't advocate anyone stepping in the middle of a beat down. But calling 911 or alerting others would be an option.

That's terrible. How long ago was this?

A very long time. So children did fight back then too.
Back then though were were expected to deal with it ourselves, I don't think she ever complained to teachers about it.

That was a question that I had from the first....no other family was apparently at home at the time, meaning she would have been first to arrive home at the end of the school day. If these abusers were attacking her and following her as she walked home...how is it known that they did not follow her into her house? I know that is a horrible thought, but one I hope that LE looked into.

FWIW... and this would be considered RUMOR only---several places local posters say that the charges regarding disrupting a school or public assembly are based on the actions of these abusers during the memorial gatherings after Phoebe's death.

jmoo
You ask the same questions as I ask myself...I have seen so little info and conflicting info, I have my doubts.

I've read rumor of problems at the memorial, too...can't recall exactly what, right now, though...

You ask the same questions as I ask myself...I have seen so little info and conflicting info, I have my doubts.

I've read rumor of problems at the memorial, too...can't recall exactly what, right now, though...

No doubt an autopsy was done.

"Lawyers are expected to enter pleas Thursday for three South Hadley teens accused of bullying Phoebe Prince before she committed suicide.

Chris Reavey, Clerk Magistrate for Hampshire-Franklin Juvenile Court, told 22News arraignment for Flannery Mullins , Sharon Velazquez , & Ashley Longe is scheduled for Thursday morning. The teens have filed under rule 7 which waives their appearance in court."

To submit a question on the case send us an email at infocus@wwlp.com . If we think your question is relevant, you may be invited to be a part of our In-studio audience
http://www.wwlp.com/dpp/news/local/lawyers-to-enter-pleas-for-bullies

I LIKE! If this fella comes to Canada..he's got my vote! ;)

State Rep. John Scibak may ask for independent review of Phoebe Prince bullying investigations
By Sandra Constantine, The Republican
April 07, 2010, 9:45PM

State Rep. John W. Scibak, D-South Hadley, said there may be a discrepancy between the probes done by the office of Northwestern District Attorney’s office and South Hadley High School principal Daniel T. Smith as to “who knew what when.”

The state representative noted that School Superintendent Gus A. Sayer has said that Smith was not aware that the ninth grader was being bullied until Jan. 7, when he took immediate action leading to the discipline of two students."
"It is possible both are right. The district attorney may have spoken to people who were not interviewed by the school administration,” Scibak said. Those people may have had recollections after the fact, he added.

Constituents have called him to say they are confused about the sequence of events, Scibak said.

In a related matter, a Prince family spokesman said that the girl’s aunt had warned a high school official before the 15-year-old started school that Prince had been bullied in her native Ireland and, according to the Boston Herald, was susceptible to harassment. Sayer could not be reached for comment
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/state_rep_john_scibak_may_ask.html

Look to be all the same photos.
Family photos, yes...but I recall there were also the house pictures over there, on FB, that weren't on that last link...and maybe others, I'm tired, on my way out, and just can't recall, off hand, jjenny...

and there'll be something on the Today Show...hope someone can watch and report back...

"Sorry I haven't tweeted. Running around South Hadley, MA on this tragic bullying suicide. New info on case on @todayshow
about 5 hours ago via UberTwitter"
http://twitter.com/jeffrossen

An Austin Renaud profile...last on March 30/10
[ame="http://thecomeupbmx.net/forum/member.php?u=5833"]The Come Up Board - View Profile: AUSTIN RENAUD@@AMEPARAM@@View Profile: AUSTIN RENAUD</title>@@AMEPARAM@@AUSTIN RENAUD[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18