SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just mean wen a person is missing the reason for travel would definitely be asked from start but it is said you 'assume' police thought was holiday thats all. But this would be un - proffesional if they were told a property search from start. Two totally different means of travel. And I have not mentioned money any more than everybody else again we only post on what we read. But i dont think police would assume in such an important case. Thats all.
O/t Read your post concerning the high number of missing persons in Spain, you have enough posts now i think to start a thread if you want.
Could not find an appropriate link to start one myself, especially as i cannot speak Spanish, but if you live in Spain and/or speak the language that would be helpful!
English is my first language, but sometimes/often- i take shortcuts with how i phrase my sentences, is it the same for you?
imo, cheers.

You know intention for travel may not be as important to some people again its becoming more likely of a possible road incident as people and car are missing. I just hope all is ok.
Will
The police wrote about them being on holiday despite knowing about money and the intentions that we believed my dad and Liam were interested in finding a property.

Delia what actually are you trying to say??
<modsnip>

The police I assume would post about it being a holiday because why <modsnip: Profanity is not allowed>after them being missing for less then 24hours (which we do not know if they have been murdered, kidnapped or just got a fair bit too boozy) I would they start then giving people a reason to then try and find them and rob them?
You mention money in the first week when they could be safe, might actually just given someone a reason to try and find them with malicious intent not sure if I’m making sense but that’s just a thought on it.

Consistency comes from what we know and intelligence. As more information as come to light I have shared it where possible it’s got nothing to do with changing the story, it’s more about with what’s necessary and what fits.

<modsnip>
I didn’t say that police assumed it was a holiday. They knew the intentions as they sat with my family and took statements before the made a missing persons report/plea.
I didn’t say , they assumed it was a holiday.

I said I don’t think when posting a plea online for people to come forward if they have seen my dad and brother within 24 hours of them being reported missing it would be a smart idea to start talking about their valuables.
If you read my comment, then the point I made was that would be quite dangerous wouldn’t it?
It would almost give people a malicious intent to find them.

I would assume that is why police stated they were on holiday.

Can I just ask why you think this information should be accessible to the public when we are asking for people to come forward if they had seen them?
We’re not asking for detectives or opinions at this stage (April 1st) so I would say that yes, we probably have been inconsistent.
U know I just wish all will turn out ok, for your family and im sure police are doing everything and still searching in this as this is just as important their is people out there helping. Thats all that can be done .

You know intention for travel may not be as important to some people again its becoming more likely of a possible road incident as people and car are missing. I just hope all is ok.
Will

U know I just wish all will turn out ok, for your family and im sure police are doing everything and still searching in this as this is just as important their is people out there helping. Thats all that can be done .
Will

Also im not asking why this information is accessible to public as these people are still missing so all information should be accessible. Nobody has right to ask anymore than what is already stated, dont take this wrong way . So you musnt think anyone is asking for nothing that is allready stated on here.

The amount has never been specified publicly, not its origin. Some were told the money was for a downpayment on a house, according to others, the money allegedly might have been for a car. If Daniel and Liam had others plans, a wad of cash may have come in useful as it would not leave a digital trace.

Be as it may, the first priority should be to find the two men.

Notwithstanding the possibility that an undiscovered vehicle accident could have befallen Daniel and Liam.

I would suggest that the amount of money they had in their possession or available to them and the purpose it was being used for may well be the key to understanding what has happened to them and where they may be found.

Just my opinion of course

Notwithstanding the possibility that an undiscovered vehicle accident could have befallen Daniel and Liam.

I would suggest that the amount of money they had in their possession or available to them and the purpose it was being used for may well be the key to understanding what has happened to them and where they may be found.

Absolutely but the problem is, my dad obviously told different family members different things, from cars to houses, to meeting with friends to searching for properties.
The problem with asking for that information like I’ve given before is that I can’t say for sure what the intentions are because my dad and brother had given different information to different people.

Like I said previously I guess a very good reason for their disappearance is linked to their inconsistency.
I’ve given statements and told police what I know and they don’t disagree.
But money and different variations for its use and purpose does ring alarm bells, and the different reasons may be that someone got the right one, or none of us at all.

I don’t think it’s impossible that the intentions of their trip and money was hidden by my dad and brother, maybe because they didn’t want people to know, and I guess that’s the question we should be asking.
We should all speculate of course.
But my point was; I haven’t hidden this, I’ve been very honest, but delia would have liked this information from the beginning which i think there was probably not given for all good reason.

However, if it were that easy to make two men and their car disappear completely, I think there'd be a lot of other, similar, missing persons cases. Although there have been murders in the area, no major efforts were made to hide the victims: it's an added risk and complication.

Last edited:
However, if it were that easy to make two men and their car disappear completely, I think there'd be a lot of other, similar, missing persons cases. Although there have been murders in the area, no major efforts were made to hide the victims: it's an added risk and complication.
Lisa Brown, Agnese Klavina, Amy Fitzpatrick. I believe all were murdered in that area and there's no bodies and no justice.

Forget the intention as some dont think that seems important so it is probably more likely of a car incident as the two men and car are missing to need to concentrate on searching still rather than intentions of travel . So untill further news thats seems most likely scenario.

I wasnt actually on this forum at the beginning and what i have commented on so have others like i explained but once again its gone, I gave never come across a case wen certain things are brought forward it seems abnormally sensative.... so now I think il leave it here I think the fact that peoples opinion are taken quite personally when all they are doing is trying to help. Yes we are not detectives as you keep stating so maybe we should keep our thoughts or assumptions to ourselves, when the only comments are from what originally is put on this forum no one is asking anything different.

The problem isn’t by asking a question delia I feel like I want to grab you by the shoulders and just shake you.
It’s the way you ask. You’re making assumptions about inconsistency’s which like I said above seems like Pointy Fingers.
Just like in this statement ‘abnormally sensitive.’

I’ve had trolls message me with death threats.
I’ve had people stalk my life and profile, and attack me online.
I’ve had abuse and been hurt by people on this thread too who have come here not to help like the intended purpose of this site, but to literally bully me.
I’ve had to grow a back bone.

I’m allowed to defend myself! I won’t stand for people making unfair assumptions and assuming that I’m not doing a good job at what I’m doing when I’m trying to find my dad and brother!
I’m hurting and I’m reading comments along the lines of:

‘Strange how family have been inconsistent’
‘Abnormally insensitive’
‘All may not be as innocent as it seems. Again thats just an opinion.’

There’s is more comments that suggest a lot delia and I got fed up. Maybe it’s my perception but your comments have been insinuating that even the family aren’t ‘innocent’.

So yes it is personal as you’ve seemed to disregard my feelings totally.
You’ve literally repeated yourself on so many occasions stating how you think this is so strange but not listening to my reasons when I give them.
They are valid. But your comments make me FEEL invalid and that’s why I’m upset.

And I’m not allowed to take offence to that when I am trying!

Last edited:
@Laurynpoole - I've only recently arrived at this thread and am still getting caught up. But this post caught my attention. Websleuths prides itself on being a victim-friendly forum and it in inexcusable that you have been made to feel bullied or harassed or accused of anything. I am truly sorry if you have felt anything other than supported here.

This is a huge forum and the mods are not present on/do not read every post in every forum. They count on us to use the "Report" button to let them know when people are violating rules. If we don't report, the mods never see the posts, and it makes it seem like certain behavior is okay when it is NOT. Bullying or harassing or accusing a victim's family members is NOT ACCEPTABLE here and should be reported to the mods when it happens.

Most members here, particularly those who have been here awhile, can be counted on to have pure intentions in terms of helping you locate your missing family members.

I fervently hope your family members are located soon and this nightmare is resolved for you, your family, and the friends of all.

Hope family stay strong and my opinions or others thoughts are never meant to be of upset in any way... just general queries but again only from what is posted on here.

Yes,police should be covering multiple lines of inquiry, including this one. Investigate all other lines of inquiry, but always, always follow the money as well.

Lisa Brown, Agnese Klavina, Amy Fitzpatrick. I believe all were murdered in that area and there's no bodies and no justice.

If this was the disappearance of a solo young woman, the scenario of what might have happened would be very different.

Different kinds of crimes by different types of criminals target different kinds of victims and are conducted in different ways. A boyfriend/husband wants his victim to vanish, because he is so closely associated with her, he knows he'll be the prime suspect if she's found.

It's very unusual for business-related or robbery-related murderers to make sure even the car disappears. You can't dispose of a car easily, and it's not usually important to do it. You just leave it somewhere, like Charles Merritt did.

I'm quite sure police will be asking this same question: if it wasn't an accident, why was it important to someone to make them and their car completely disappear. Random killers usually don't bother.

Yes,police should be covering multiple lines of inquiry, including this one. Investigate all other lines of inquiry, but always, always follow the money as well.

The wording of the Sussex Police press releases, their Facebook appeal and responses and the fact that the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team are managing the UK end of this investigation, are a key indication that LE enforcement have credible reasons to suspect that there is a criminal/foul play dimension to Danny and Liam's disappearance.

Between Spanish and UK LE, there will be intelligence obtained from various sources, in an effort to build a picture of Danny and Liam's movements, intentions and contacts. This may be information known to LE only, for operational reasons.

If Danny and/or Liam did purchase SIM cards for a Spanish mobile network, then they may also have secondary or 'burner' phones, purchased in UK or Spain. There could be both legitimate and nefarious reasons for this. Hopefully these phones and SIM's have been identified, if this is the case.

The UK LE press releases have asked for sightings of Danny or Liam to be reported via the UK 999 system and to quote Operation Pheasant. This is unusual and I feel another indicator of the suspected criminal/foul play dimension.

Did Danny and/or Liam have dual nationality? It is possible that one or both also had false passport documentation in addition to the passports left at their hotel (presumably GB and NI)? Did either or both have an intention to return to the UK under the radar and avoid having to present entry documents?

From reading these posts, it is apparent that property purchase in Spain, if indeed that was part of their intention, requires identification. Without being familiar with the Spanish property purchase processes, both legal and illegal, I assume that with false documentation it would be possible to purchase in an alias name, for whatever reason?

I do hope that Spanish and UK LE are in possession of additional intelligence that will lead them to Danny and Liam and put an end to the family's torment.

@Laurynpoole if you read this, I think you are a very brave and strong lady.

I can't begin to imagine the effect this is having on you and the rest of the family but you have my utmost respect and heartfelt good wishes with all you are doing for Danny and Liam. Stay strong!

Emotional appeal for information on Daniel and Liam Poole

Missing father and son: More information about their disappearance released

Last edited:
If this was the disappearance of a solo young woman, the scenario of what might have happened would be very different.

Different kinds of crimes by different types of criminals target different kinds of victims and are conducted in different ways. A boyfriend/husband wants his victim to vanish, because he is so closely associated with her, he knows he'll be the prime suspect if she's found.

It's very unusual for business-related or robbery-related murderers to make sure even the car disappears. You can't dispose of a car easily, and it's not usually important to do it. You just leave it somewhere, like Charles Merritt did.

I'm quite sure police will be asking this same question: if it wasn't an accident, why was it important to someone to make them and their car completely disappear. Random killers usually don't bother.

Consider established Organised Crime Groups! Their connections, the 'services' at their disposal, their experience, coolness and forensic awareness. If they have a need to dispose of a car to cover their tracks, they can do it with ease.

The wording of the Sussex Police press releases, their Facebook appeal and responses and the fact that the Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team are managing the UK end of this investigation, are a key indication that LE enforcement have credible reasons to suspect that there is a criminal/foul play dimension to Danny and Liam's disappearance.

Between Spanish and UK LE, there will be intelligence obtained from various sources, in an effort to build a picture of Danny and Liam's movements, intentions and contacts. This may be information known to LE only, for operational reasons.

If Danny and/or Liam did purchase SIM cards for a Spanish mobile network, then they may also have secondary or 'burner' phones, purchased in UK or Spain. There could be both legitimate and nefarious reasons for this. Hopefully these phones and SIM's have been identified, if this is the case.

The UK LE press releases have asked for sightings of Danny or Liam to be reported via the UK 999 system and to quote Operation Pheasant. This is unusual and I feel another indicator of the suspected criminal/foul play dimension.

Did Danny and/or Liam have dual nationality? It is possible that one or both also had false passport documentation in addition to the passports left at their hotel (presumably GB and NI)? Did either or both have an intention to return to the UK under the radar and avoid having to present entry documents?

From reading these posts, it is apparent that property purchase in Spain, if indeed that was part of their intention, requires identification. Without being familiar with the Spanish property purchase processes, both legal and illegal, I assume that with false documentation it would be possible to purchase in an alias name, for whatever reason?

I do hope that Spanish and UK LE are in possession of additional intelligence that will lead them to Danny and Liam and put an end to the family's torment.

@Laurynpoole if you read this, I think you are a very brave and strong lady.

I can't begin to imagine the effect this is having on you and the rest of the family but you have my utmost respect and heartfelt good wishes with all you are doing for Danny and Liam. Stay strong!

Emotional appeal for information on Daniel and Liam Poole

Missing father and son: More information about their disappearance released

Thank you for all of your comments.
All of these questions and your understanding of how it all works is brilliant.
I wish I could help answer your questions but I don’t know the answers.
My dad and brother were not dual nationality though so I hope that helps.
I believe they intended to come back, with all my heart I believe they intended to come back on their flight home on the Saturday. But who knows what changed.
Maybe other people here can use your knowledge and work together to creat more questions and answers.
Thank you again.

Additional intelligence is what I’ve been hoping for too :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist