SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi all new to this thread, l haven't heard of this missing persons case before.

I have read through and l couldn't clarify if the location of the car being found was disclosed, and what state it was in - can anyone help please?

So Daniel reportedly had a large sum of cash on him, but no debts, so where did this money potentially come from? Or was the money Liam's?

I have read through and l couldn't clarify if the location of the car being found was disclosed, and what state it was in - can anyone help please?

So Daniel reportedly had a large sum of cash on him, but no debts, so where did this money potentially come from? Or was the money Liam's?

It has not been disclosed where the car was found, nor what state it was in, as far as I am aware. My impression is that the car wasn't found in a ravine in the mountains or something dramatic like that. No doubt there would have been more coverage in the Spanish press if it had been.

The origin of the money is unclear, interesting question.

Location was approximately 2km from where my dad and Liam were staying I believe, in a street, I was told the car had no significance, forensics etc but I will ask the specific questions when I next speak with my Flo. From what I gathered was that the car was in original state and where it was located had no relevance/significance and was returned to the hire company.

Where the cash came from I wouldn’t know, I could have guesses that it was loaned or gifted or from another unknown source but is a very good question too and does then raise more questions so thank you for that.

In regards to their finances I have asked for statements and even companies in relation to my dads accounts etc but without power of attorney, I wasn’t surprised when they refused to give me any information on these.
a law was recently passed in July which I need to gain some more information on which may help me in regards to this.
it might help answer questions about his money, or maybe the money he took with him to Spain.

In regards to their finances I have asked for statements and even companies in relation to my dads accounts etc but without power of attorney, I wasn’t surprised when they refused to give me any information on these.
a law was recently passed in July which I need to gain some more information on which may help me in regards to this.
it might help answer questions about his money, or maybe the money he took with him to Spain.

Yes Claudia's Law. It's been longer than 90 days that they've been missing so assuming it ca be applied retrospectively (as they went missing before it was introduced), you, may be eligible to apply. Not sure how it works in terms of next of kin ie are you the most suitable person to apply. Perhaps speak to a solicitor, presumably you can apply for legal aid.

Yes Claudia's Law. It's been longer than 90 days that they've been missing so assuming it ca be applied retrospectively (as they went missing before it was introduced), you, may be eligible to apply. Not sure how it works in terms of next of kin ie are you the most suitable person to apply. Perhaps speak to a solicitor, presumably you can apply for legal aid.
Yes that’s the one! Thank you I do need to do this.
Along with a lot of other things think citizens advice is the best place need a long day to go through it all. Thank you xx

Location was approximately 2km from where my dad and Liam were staying I believe, in a street, I was told the car had no significance, forensics etc but I will ask the specific questions when I next speak with my Flo. From what I gathered was that the car was in original state and where it was located had no relevance/significance and was returned to the hire company.

Where the cash came from I wouldn’t know, I could have guesses that it was loaned or gifted or from another unknown source but is a very good question too and does then raise more questions so thank you for that.
When you say car had no significance some 2 km away it was said your dad was seen leaving hotel on CCTV in car as last sighting according to papers so why would the final destination as in where car found be of no significance?

It would be interesting to have a map of 1) where the hotel was 2) where the friend's house was 3) where the car was found. It could help us know if the car was left there because Daniel and Liam left it there or if someone else did. Did they go through busy streets where people would notice a car jacking or was it empty ? Also, assuming they did park the car there, it would be interesting to try to figure out where they wanted to go.
@Laurynpoole do you have those information ? Did you speak to the friend who last saw them ? Did he mention where they wanted to go ? 2km is very close to the hotel so you can assume it was not their destination for the day, they either stopped on the way to somewhere or on the way back.

When you say car had no significance some 2 km away it was said your dad was seen leaving hotel on CCTV in car as last sighting according to papers so why would the final destination as in where car found be of no significance?
I mean it’s not that I was saying it had no significance I meant that they couldn’t find any kind of significance in relation to where it was left, or state of the vehicle etc but very good question I’m SURE it does have some relevance.
I don’t have this but my FLO is back on duty tomorrow and by all means I will ask for this information and share a copy on her for you guys go see!
The person who last saw them said they THOUGHT they had plans to go to Gibraltar or try to by road , although they didn’t have passports.
Let me get this map for you guys and we can start from there :)

I mean it’s not that I was saying it had no significance I meant that they couldn’t find any kind of significance in relation to where it was left, or state of the vehicle etc but very good question I’m SURE it does have some relevance.
I don’t have this but my FLO is back on duty tomorrow and by all means I will ask for this information and share a copy on her for you guys go see!
The person who last saw them said they THOUGHT they had plans to go to Gibraltar or try to by road , although they didn’t have passports.
Let me get this map for you guys and we can start from there :)

Gibraltar is only an hour away by car so it's easily doable in a day :) Hopefully, they will be allowed to release the location of the car to you

Another question : do your dad and your brother have a gmail account and the app on their phones ? Because if they do and they are still logged in on another device (a computer they might have left at home for example) then you could have access to their search history on internet, on google maps and their location history as well. It's a long shot but google records EVERYTHING so if either of them have an account there could be precious information there

Last edited:
If you feel able to ask the FLO, perhaps you ask them to provide the mileage (or km) of the car too as these things are usually recorded for lease vehicles before and upon return. Presumably it didn't have a sat nav that was checked.

I read that they had been on holiday to this place a few times before, is that correct Lauryn?

I'm so sorry for your ordeal.

Edit l'm sorry if we come across as a bit nit picky sometimes, but occasionally tiny little details matter quite a lot.

I think the previous poster was referring to Sarah Lewis, who recently went missing in a Fiat 500 hire car in Ibiza. Sadly, that seems to be a suicide: Tragic End to Search as Body of Missing Canadian Sarah Lewis is Found in San José Countryside | The Ibizan

More info here about Daniel and Liam Poole - I've not been following closely, but I hadn't read about the ransom (of 100k, which was raised in a day, and traced to a Moroccan number) before, nor Daniel's drug-dealing convictions, nor that they'd been on so many similar trips:
Daniel Poole: Father and son ‘murdered in Spanish drug deal’
If ransom was from morroco what is the connection there ? Is there some sort of history ?

Just a technical point, I believe Zazara is correct that no suspects have been named. But that is very different from no one is suspected.

I'm not being defensive here as I dont know these people but if there was proof of a ransom but then again I'm sure the police are investigating there past connections here . Which is could be something we dont know about at this point.

Drive-By link drops without explanation regarding the relevance to this case just causes confusion in the thread.

If you have a relevant link please provide an explanation.

Do not suggest possible suspects. People not named as Persons Of Interest by Law Enforcement cannot be entered into the discussion.

If you have a possible suspect in mind then contact the authorities and do not discuss it here.

Thanks all! Carry on. :)

Last edited:
Honestly Lauryn, if I were in your shoes I would send the editor a strong worded letter. To present the opinion of one family member as fact in the headline is just completely unacceptable! That's tabloid clickbait level. I would be very disappointed too, and very angry. jmo
I agree that's why when people put articles which are from newspapers .... what is printed is very far from truth !!! Never believe what you read in newspapers . No matter what headline is .

Any articles in particular that you know to be far grom the truth? Relevant to this thread obviously
The articles as reference to what steleheart was refering to on this page of which are no longer available .... I think this administrators reasons explain why ..

Drive-By link drops without explanation regarding the relevance to this case just causes confusion in the thread.

If you have a relevant link please provide an explanation.

Do not suggest possible suspects. People not named as Persons Of Interest by Law Enforcement cannot be entered into the discussion.

If you have a possible suspect in mind then contact the authorities and do not discuss it here.

Thanks all! Carry on. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back