Specifically: Why were these questions not asked of Casey?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These are all great questions but...

With the exception of the first question, they didn't know these details yet. They didn't have phone records, so they couldn't ask question 2, they didn't interview Tony yet so they couldn't ask question 4, with question 3, they didn't interview friends or Tony yet to know that she just started going to Fusian.

Agree, I have to give high kudo praises to LE for going along with her lies for as long as they did in the beginning. LE has heard every story under the sun and their BS radar went off immediately after listening to the last 911 call with KC and the 911 operator. Unfortunately with KC lying the way she did (has), it takes time to get facts together. They are still doing just that.

We all should be thankful that KC didn't lawyer up immediately and she did spew all her lies because if she had, she might still be out on bond and Caylee might not have been found as soon as she was.

If they think Caylee was killed between 1 and 5 on 6/16 then why not just ask KC where she was at that time and then try to verify. Oh wait, they did but she said work and it turned out they couldn't verify. Didn't we find out she was with AL during this time?

Looking back it seems like there is much more they could have gotten from Casey, she certainly was willing to talk. By the afternoon of the 16th, they had already been with her for many hours, questioning, checking out her stories and finding all of them to be false...I am sure they were exhausted with her. They probably knew she wasn't going to break and tell the truth, and wanted to spend their effort and time on other more truthful sources, friends, etc...

Looking back it seems like there is much more they could have gotten from Casey, she certainly was willing to talk. By the afternoon of the 16th, they had already been with her for many hours, questioning, checking out her stories and finding all of them to be false...I am sure they were exhausted with her. They probably knew she wasn't going to break and tell the truth, and wanted to spend their effort and time on other more truthful sources, friends, etc...

..........and then got stuck in hours upon hours of interviews with George and Cindy :(

Maybe we need to make a thread about the ins and outs of investigations. We could take LE from different places and study and learn from that.

If I can find fault with LE on one part it is this -- they talked too much ! Yes they were hoping she would crack, and their pressure was enormous -- but if they had let her talk more then they would have many more conflicting statements to work with now...

If I can find fault with LE on one part it is this -- they talked too much ! Yes they were hoping she would crack, and their pressure was enormous -- but if they had let her talk more then they would have many more conflicting statements to work with now...

When I listened to the Universal interview, I felt the same way a few times. I wanted to say " wait, wait, let her talk some more just to see what she would come up with". But, I also could hear the disbelief and pure aggravation at being faced with someone who was obviously not telling the truth but insisting in the face of real facts that she was telling the truth. I admire their restraint in not grabbing her up and shaking the snot out of her. Well done LE.

I just wish that before KC found JB, and "protected" herself from answering questions, LE could have gotten more info from her - even more lies, which would work against her.

The #1 on my list is the one that has haunted me - it seems that NOONE, not her family, not LE, NOONE - has really gotten to the bottom of the fact that KC WAS NOT WORKING for two years when she claimed she was.

I can surmise where she was during those two years, but where she was during the 15th of June, from 1-5PM (when most of us believe she killed sweet Caylee) has NEVER been approached.

I also know that some things were not discovered at the time of the interrogation, but the fact that JL and JH supposedly worked for Universal and KC claimed they knew about Caylee and Zanny, why was this not pressed? I have heard of interrogations taking hours and hours - just seems to me she kind of got off easy - the door was open for her to try and perfect her story and come up with excuses as to why her stories weren't panning out.

I could kiss Yuri for getting her down to Universal in the first place and forcing her to admit she lied - I just wish they pressed on, wore her down, or at least collected more lies.

Like the phone she claimed to lose at Universal - now that they knew for a fact she didn't work there, where was the phone lost, KC? You didn't have another phone did you? Where did you buy it? When did you buy it? etc.etc.etc
I would have imagined LE believed time was of the essence...in spite of it being more than 30 days after Caylee went missing. I believe in their heart of hearts their #1 priority was trying to locate her. I'm sure they were dumbstruck with what was taking place. They learned enough, though, to arrest her. There may have been additional questions that could have given everyone a better understanding of what happened, but I don't think Casey would ever have felt the necessity to answer truthfully. JMHO

I think YM and JA did an awesome job, however the two questions I wish they would have asked but as far as we know didn't is "where were you from 12-5 on 6/16 since we know you weren't working at universal"? And why would you need a sitter if you had no job to go to? The same questions everyone else on here wants answered. These just seem to be key so I wonder if they did ask/not released or if it's just easier being a Monday morning quarterback? jmo

If they think Caylee was killed between 1 and 5 on 6/16 then why not just ask KC where she was at that time and then try to verify. Oh wait, they did but she said work and it turned out they couldn't verify. Didn't we find out she was with AL during this time?

nope, she wasn't w/ tony.

I think YM and JA did an awesome job, however the two questions I wish they would have asked but as far as we know didn't is "where were you from 12-5 on 6/15 since we know you weren't working at universal"? And why would you need a sitter if you had no job to go to? The same questions everyone else on here wants answered. These just seem to be key so I wonder if they did ask/not released or if it's just easier being a Monday morning quarterback? jmo

Yes, that would have solidified her wherabouts because we now have the pings and of course her answer would have been a lie but it would have been on record. More evidence to convict her based on her own words.

I think YM and JA did an awesome job, however the two questions I wish they would have asked but as far as we know didn't is "where were you from 12-5 on 6/15 since we know you weren't working at universal"? And why would you need a sitter if you had no job to go to? The same questions everyone else on here wants answered. These just seem to be key so I wonder if they did ask/not released or if it's just easier being a Monday morning quarterback? jmo

Think it's more the first, that LE did ask but hasn't released it. IIRC, there are a lot of time gaps missing in the docs previously released.

I have read only parts of what has been compiled and correlated by our own WS's with pings, texts, who is where and with who and my brain just rattles.

I think you mean 6/16 a Monday. 6/15 would have been a Sunday, father's day. She wouldn't be working ,would she? I agree they should have asked "Where were you 12-5 .6/16.?''

Think it's more the first, that LE did ask but hasn't released it. IIRC, there are a lot of time gaps missing in the docs previously released.

I have read only parts of what has been compiled and correlated by our own WS's with pings, texts, who is where and with who and my brain just rattles.

I believe so also. These are seasoned detectives. Why would they not think of asking her, "where were you all day on 06/16 since you didn't go to work as you stated tht you did"? I don't even know how they kept their cool. I'm getting mad again just typing this.

The question I wished the asked was why don't you know for certain, where you last left your child. If she answered outside, I would then wish they asked, where you ever inside? If so, then where the heck is she!

I would have imagined LE believed time was of the essence...in spite of it being more than 30 days after Caylee went missing. I believe in their heart of hearts their #1 priority was trying to locate her. I'm sure they were dumbstruck with what was taking place. They learned enough, though, to arrest her. There may have been additional questions that could have given everyone a better understanding of what happened, but I don't think Casey would ever have felt the necessity to answer truthfully. JMHO

I completely agree with your post RR! In hindsight it's so easy to list all the questions that could have been asked. I give the detectives a lot of credit for their speedy attempts to verify the people and places Casey named. By the time they got Casey in that room at Universal, they knew something very disturbing had happened. Once they realized they were dealing with a pathological liar, I'm sure they felt it would be "a waste, a huge waste" to allow her to continue with her charade. They were faced with the daunting task of trying to figure out when Caylee actually went missing and where she might be, if she was still alive.

I realize there are those who feel LE didn't do a proper or thorough job but I feel the detectives went to extraordinary lengths to try to get to the truth as quickly as possible. Just because that truth didn't preclude Casey as their main suspect, some think they focused on her to the exclusion of all others. I don't believe that. I have tremendous respect for these detectives and I am grateful for their efforts.

By "those who feel LE didn't...", I am not pointing to any one who posted on this thread. Just wanted to make that clear because we all have questions we wish we could have asked.

I think LE gave it their best shot and then decided a few days in jail to cool off her heels might change her mind. Remember KC then played the game of, if you bond me out of here then I can cooperate and help locate Caylee. LP bought into that lock stock and bailed her out only to be disappointed in KC.

KC is one cool, cold and, calculating [censored] she just sticks with her original lies regardless and simply drives forward. LE taking KC to Universal and have her take them to her office was classic, priceless -- I think LE thought that would shake her -- nope! KC sticks to her guns even when caught red handed.

I am sure in jail today her focus is on one day getting out and being vindicated by JB. It is keeping her strong, she may have moments of weakness but KC is the most stubborn person I have ever seen and .... I am stubborn.

KC could deny the nose on her face is hers and be so convincing, some would wonder.

I don't think Casy is a very good liar.If she was, she would't be sitting in jail right now charged with the murder of her daughter.

I don't think Casy is a very good liar.If she was, she would't be sitting in jail right now charged with the murder of her daughter.

:balloons::Welcome-12-june::balloons:
Amen! Am hoping that all the Anthonys can have a family reunion soon.

Happy Sleuthing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member