Speculation on the Second Cross

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LP stated on the NG show that LA told him that the A's were asked to take a lie detector test by LE. LA then later came back to LP and told him that the parents were not going to take the test. Highly unlikely that LA was running back and forth the house and the RV reporting to LP what the A's were or were not planning to do.

I *think* a lot of what LP reports as direct conversations he was in are in reality second hand conversations from RD or from the insider KC bodyguard.

Although the insider is not officially sharing info I think some has come out in passing and LP is trying to use it by not associating it directly to her.

ETA: I do think it is all just hearsay from the team and not any wire

I *think* a lot of what LP reports as direct conversations he was in are in reality second hand conversations from RD or from the insider KC bodyguard.

Although the insider is not officially sharing info I think some has come out in passing and LP is trying to use it by not associating it directly to her.

That is very possible...

I did not hear him say once that the crosses were purchased on the 27th and I did not hear him say they were purchased at the same time. What I did hear him say was that they had questions about the "cross" that was purchased, singular, and were told that it was bought for Caylee, and then they got the idea to look and see if maybe there were 2 crosses purchased. Why? No idea. Maybe the cross around Casey's neck was SUPPOSED to be around Caylee's neck, and she took it off of her and kept it for herself? Who knows with Miss Sociopath 101. One thing is certain, nothing suprises me any longer that she does or has done...:banghead:

In response to the bold portion of your comment, I think that is more likely than putting a cross on Caylee's grave later. Why? It sounds more like what Casey would do. I wouldn't doubt that she actually took it off Caylee before dumping her little body! :furious:

I have a hard time believing that Casey would buy anything to leave with Caylee. If she did not feel it was important to let her favorite doll lay with her in her grave then I have serious doubts that she would even bother to buy something to place with her. If she bought a cross necklace on the 20th then I would think it was for herself and to protect her from the demons straight out of hell that were surely on her heels and in her dreams.

EXACTLY. I'm with you, magic-cat. This broad seems too self-involved to give a fig about Caylee. If she could run out and get a tattoo celebrating her new life, I seriously doubt she gave a second thought about what her child was wearing for eternity, whether it be a new dress or a cross, especially since she didn't give her her favorite doll in the end. Nope. No way. No second thoughts for little Caylee by Casey.

Two different crosses being discussed here:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/get-the-latest.html#more

"Yes, a cross was found hanging on a tree branch. No, it was not found today, it was found during the first search effort. The information has been carefully guarded because we were not sure of the significance of the find. It was not a store bought necklace, but a craft item that someone had made out of plastic and beads. What made the find interesting was that the beads, according to Leonard Padilla, were "identical" to beads that the female bounty hunter (the one who stayed in the house when Casey was out on bond) had seen on jewlery that Casey had allegedly made. Is it related to the case? Unknown. I saw a photo of the cross today but unfortunately that is the only thing they have. The cross was left on the branch and, according to Rob Dick, disappeared shortly thereafter."

Two different crosses being discussed here:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/11/get-the-latest.html#more

"Yes, a cross was found hanging on a tree branch. No, it was not found today, it was found during the first search effort. The information has been carefully guarded because we were not sure of the significance of the find. It was not a store bought necklace, but a craft item that someone had made out of plastic and beads. What made the find interesting was that the beads, according to Leonard Padilla, were "identical" to beads that the female bounty hunter (the one who stayed in the house when Casey was out on bond) had seen on jewlery that Casey had allegedly made. Is it related to the case? Unknown. I saw a photo of the cross today but unfortunately that is the only thing they have. The cross was left on the branch and, according to Rob Dick, disappeared shortly thereafter."

Why would they leave the cross behind??? And who removed it???:confused:

Maybe they wanted to see who might come back for it. Perhaps they thought it was there to help "mark" the area of the body dump. KC never thought she would be caught & arrested. I wonder if LE was thinking she orginally put the cross on the tree so she could come back & ck on the body & move it if she needed to. Maybe they thought since she had been caught, she would or had told someone else where to look. If they thought it was a marker pointing the way, they would have wanted to leave it.

All of this will be so interesting to hear at the trial.

Maybe they wanted to see who might come back for it. Perhaps they thought it was there to help "mark" the area of the body dump. KC never thought she would be caught & arrested. I wonder if LE was thinking she orginally put the cross on the tree so she could come back & ck on the body & move it if she needed to. Maybe they thought since she had been caught, she would or had told someone else where to look. If they thought it was a marker pointing the way, they would have wanted to leave it.

All of this will be so interesting to hear at the trial.

*bolded by me*

ITA - 100%

Everyone has different feelings/opinions about Leonard P. However, can ALL of us agree on one thing: that he is definitely the most 'colorful' character in this case? :-D

Everyone has different feelings/opinions about Leonard P. However, can ALL of us agree on one thing: that he is definitely the most 'colorful' character in this case? :-D

Colorful he is. Leonard is "old school," sly like a fox. I don't think he throws things out just to hear himself talk. I think Leonard goes " fishing " a lot:)
Kinda like shaking a tree to see how many acorns fall off.

I will give him a lot of credit for admitting he was wrong about Casey. He was man enough to do it more than once on tv. Now he has put his money & time where his mouth is. I like the cowboy, I really do.

I remember a hand made beaded type 'rosary' beads hanging on Caylee's bedroom door from Greta program.

Respectfully snipped ~
LP and anyone who works for him is considered an agent of LE.

...the person who is going to get hurt is Tim Miller who is going to rue the day he ever got involved with LP.

Bev - are all bounty hunters considered LE agents?

Also, how will LP hurt Tim?

I'm not disagreeing with you at all. I "think" I recognize LP for what he is, but I'm not sure how it will have a negative impact on TM (which I could become very distressed about). Is it because of all the publicity? LP has said - it is TM's show and whatever TM says goes. I would never pass any negativity from LP off on to TM, but that's just me. Sometimes I just don't see these things clearly and would appreciate your comments on how LP could have a negative impact on TM.

Thanks,

Salem

I asked TP (on the TP thread) IF there would be taping while Casey was out on bail.

He did not deny it.

It isn't illegal to tape conversation or even do video if it is agreed to in advance. Every convenience store does. Not just to video robbers. But to video the employees.

If I were Leonard, I'd want tapes for my company's protection. I imagine there were conditions stipulated to by Baez. But a bond company is also a business.

If I had to bet, I'd guess Leonard can back up his words about things people who work for him were told. His opinions, which Leonard says are opinions, are different.

So a searcher found the cross during the first search and took a picture of it..and even though the beads apparently matched some that were said to belong to Casey, LE ignored this find. Tim went on to conduct massive searches in other areas while also ignoring this find. Some unknown person came along at some point and took the beads. NOW suddenly after all the wasted hours of searching elsewhere, the bead find is a big deal and LP has the whole thing figured out.

Sure.

I think Casey and Lee's conversation about the Blackjack being lost at Blanchard park is hinky.

I have not agreed with all of LP's opinions.

But, I do think the scenario he presented to Murt tonight is viable.

Diane Downs had the unicorn engraved with her children's names. Even killer moms might have their sentimental moments. I think Casey was capable of both making a memorial to Caylee and canoodling with Tony within hours of killing her.

IMO

So a searcher found the cross during the first search and took a picture of it..and even though the beads apparently matched some that were said to belong to Casey, LE ignored this find. Tim went on to conduct massive searches in other areas while also ignoring this find. Some unknown person came along at some point and took the beads. NOW suddenly after all the wasted hours of searching elsewhere, the bead find is a big deal and LP has the whole thing figured out.

Sure.

Chilly,

On this one, I am going to go with my gut.

I say yes, LP might have something.

I tried to find a sheepish looking smiley cause I will feel illogical for sticking my neck out on this because of feelings. But, to me, a lot of LP's theory made sense.

I think Casey and Lee's conversation about the Blackjack being lost at Blanchard park is hinky.

I have not agreed with all of LP's opinions.

But, I do think the scenario he presented to Murt tonight is viable.

Diane Downs had the unicorn engraved with her children's names. Even killer moms might have their sentimental moments. I think Casey was capable of both making a memorial to Caylee and canoodling with Tony within hours of killing her.

IMO
i need to go back to Diane Downs case but i think she also had tatoo done

One of Casey's receipts was from Hancock fabrics.

IF the BH saw fabric that was the same as the fabric found with the necklace OR that receipt has an identifying info that is the same THAT would be interesting information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back