Stacy Ann Peterson, Bolingbrook IL #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The attorney for a former Bolingbrook police officer suspected in his wife's disappearance is demanding clemency IF 23-year-old Stacy Peterson returns.
http://www.wqad.com/Global/story.asp?S=7614189&nav=1sW7

--->>>Your link WORKED for me here ?!!

Quoting from your link:

"
BOLINGBROOK, Ill. (AP) - The attorney for a former Bolingbrook police officer suspected in his wife's disappearance is demanding clemency if 23-year-old Stacy Peterson returns.

How could he demand this with a straight face? Note that great big old word in the quote IF she returns.

WHY would he or his client CARE about clemency ? ? ? for Stacy. IF IF IF Stacy shows up, divorce papers should be his clients first NEED.

JAB is making himself out to be the Barney Fife of the legal profession, imop.

I would like to hear Mark Geragos comments about JAB, do you suppose Mark is 'watchin' this unfold?

Ehhhh .. I don't think someone "surely" saw anything at all. If you recall earlier threads, even Sharon Bychowski can't be "sure" as to when Stacy's car was in the driveway or out of the driveway, and she's the next door neighbor -- and she's also someone who feels Stacy didn't just run away. WHY can't she be sure? Because she didn't know she'd have to look ....... that day. We are all so busy .. she didn't think she needed to record when her neighbor's car was present or was not.

I don't think people are willing to put their best recollection "to the test," overall. It's not that reliable -- especially if they weren't on the 'look out' from the onset of a situation.

I absolutely agree (feel) LE has information (LOTS of it) that they haven't shared. But, if they had anything strong, DP would've been arrested by now, IMO.

Sorry, I disagree. O.J. Simpson was arrested too soon and the prosecution was still processing evidence during the trial. We all know what a fiasco that was. A defendant has a right to a speedy trial, and if LE hasn't finished investigating the case, they would be foolhardy to arrest him.

The bottom line is that we just don't know. LE had a meeting with Stacy's family not long ago and her family seemed pleased. We are all eager for a resolution, but we simply cannot assume that he hasn't been arrested due to lack of evidence. We don't know what LE knows.

This case because of Brosdky and his client has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I can hardly watch either of them...altho I must say that NG got Brodsky's goat. LOL (Look it up for you that do not do such terminology!) NG has been on fire the past couple of nights because she now knows the real value of children and mothers. Kudos, Nancy! Great interview of Brodsky!!! WTG!

Oh, Gee...since when does OJ figure in here?! Hmmm..they do have somewhat of a personality trait, huh?! I did nothing kinda attitude. Sure...we believe it. ROFLMAO

Sorry, I disagree. O.J. Simpson was arrested too soon and the prosecution was still processing evidence during the trial. We all know what a fiasco that was. A defendant has a right to a speedy trial, and if LE hasn't finished investigating the case, they would be foolhardy to arrest him.

SNIP

TITCR

okay, I'll bite.

What does TITCR stand for?

Haven't seen those kind of initials since SBTC from the Ramsey case. :)

justbetweenus

I agree, but also feel that LE needs some more "solid" evidence before the prosecutor feels that he can take this case before a jury, especially since Brodsky has so much "innenudo" (sp?) that MIGHT make a jury feel that there is "reasonable doubt" in their minds to render a guilty verdict.

No doubt in my mind, the LE and Cassandra's family want one trial with one finding, GUILTY!! That also goes for the Savio family if DP is also charged with a murder for her.

I agree with you Littledeer. I should have said in my post that they may have enough circumstantial evidence to arrest, not just 'evidence'

I'm hoping it's a matter of LE having a lot of circumstantial evidence, holding off hoping they get some more solid evidence, and waiting for the grand jury to finish their investigation and indict DP.

I think there's a possibility that they might indict DP for the murder of Kathleen first, while they continue to investigate the disappearance of Stacy. I'm sure LE is aware of the circumstances in the Lacy Peterson case, when her body washed ashore in the Spring, and are hoping for the same thing to happen in this case.

Does anyone know if Illinois is one of the states that requires a grand jury indictment before proceeding? I know Texas is one state that in a capital crime a grand jury indictment is required.

SNIP

Does anyone know if Illinois is one of the states that requires a grand jury indictment before proceeding? I know Texas is one state that in a capital crime a grand jury indictment is required.

A judge could sign an arrest warrant for murder.

I have neglected reading here for awhile so I am not up to date at all but tell me this...why is Drew not behind bars yet?! :confused:

1.titcr = This Is The Credited Response.

Used on discussion boards when a respondent makes a statement that is either poignant, valid or otherwise hilarious. It is what someone writes after another person makes a well reasoned or an on-point observation in the course of a thread.
Origin: Likely reference to standardized test questions in which there are multiple wrong answer choices, but only one credited response.
Those who use this term are generally of high intelligence, but completely overly occupied with the nuances of the admissions process. Most need to get a life and stop wasting their youth posting on anonymous admissions related boards.

I have neglected reading here for awhile so I am not up to date at all but tell me this...why is Drew not behind bars yet?! :confused:

We don't know what evidence they have gathered in this case. Just because it looks to most of us that common sense says he did it, it is a far cry from having evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.

If, and this is a big IF, Thomas Morphey's story is true and he did help Drew move a blue container, and later on a blue container surfaces with Stacy's remains, that would be HUGE. In my opinion, he would be arrested. But, as far as I know, we really don't know what LE has nor do we know what they expect or hope to find to assist their case. I have a feeling they're investigating Kathleen Savio's case in conjunction with this case and may try them both together.

We just have to wait it out. It bothers most of because we think there's a murderer running around and we want to see him punished. But the real travesty would be to arrest him too soon, try him, and then have him go free because of reasonable doubt.

We just have to wait it out.

ahhhhhhhhhhh............

Guess Scarlett had it right then:

Tomorrow is another day...........

of WAITING........

In the meantime I'm hoping that LE is working 24/7 getting all the i's and t's crossed so DP can be arrested.

The weather has not really been all that bad this winter this far east, I am surprised that more searching has not been done. Any reason for that??

1.titcr = This Is The Credited Response.

Used on discussion boards when a respondent makes a statement that is either poignant, valid or otherwise hilarious. It is what someone writes after another person makes a well reasoned or an on-point observation in the course of a thread.
Origin: Likely reference to standardized test questions in which there are multiple wrong answer choices, but only one credited response.

SNIP

After graduating from law school, most students take a prep course (such as Bar/Bri offers) to help them get ready for the bar exam. A key component of the bar exam is a section called the MBE that is composed of two hundred multiple choice questions.

In identifying the right answer to a question, some prep course teachers say: this is the credited response. It's been around for decades.

I'm hoping it's a matter of LE having a lot of circumstantial evidence, holding off hoping they get some more solid evidence, and waiting for the grand jury to finish their investigation and indict DP.

I think there's a possibility that they might indict DP for the murder of Kathleen first, while they continue to investigate the disappearance of Stacy. I'm sure LE is aware of the circumstances in the Lacy Peterson case, when her body washed ashore in the Spring, and are hoping for the same thing to happen in this case.

Do you happen to know when the Grand Jury will be finished in this case, or how many more witnesses are coming before them? I'm not sure about the laws in IL, but I'll try to find out because I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

Wudge:

I appreciate that you know the knowledge of the law.

Do you have any opinions other than the law???

The reason I ask is, you never once have responded to any posters question that does not deal with a specific law question. Not being a lawyer myself, your posts usually go over my head. (which is why I took the liberty of making a thread for "Legal Questions Here".

I would love to give you 200 hundred non legal questions and see how you do.

The above all being said.....................

I am not one who has ever been confrontational..............been mean......
ok........I have violated the ws rules by calling DP something other than his name or initials. But I came here after spending hours on another site when I saw someone had replied here only to see you post something that had nothing to do with STACY!!

If chico so decides to kick my butt, I'll accept it. But just had to say what I felt.

Do you happen to know when the Grand Jury will be finished in this case, or how many more witnesses are coming before them? I'm not sure about the laws in IL, but I'll try to find out because I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

I have read in one of the recent articles that this grand jury's term of service is supposed to be up the end of January. So that might be a good time to look for anything coming out of this session.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986