Stacy Cremated?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Closeobserver I don't have a pool. But do pool owners use any acids in the car of their pool? I mean I know they use clorine and some other chemicals, but I wouldn't think acid unless they were draining and cleaning it.

From what I remember being said earlier, the barrel that was reported to be in the P garage was supposed to be chlorine, which doesn't act like an acid.
no you don't use acid in a pool, but I thought with all the speculation of him dissolving the b ody in acid, I found that article interesting, especially from the standpoint of how it fits into the 3 day head clearing trip.

Yeah there seems to be some discreptancy about the 3 day head clearing trip. It was my understanding, and from conversations with Ric seemed to be confirmed that DrewP didn't actually go anywhere. He was just leaving the house and slipping over the back fence. But that he would return to the house at some point. He wasn't actually on a trip, it was just that people didn't know where he was going in those three days as he was coming and going.

Yeah I remember the theory too. And IIRC we actually possibly found a source who was connected to DrewP who might have had access to the acid chemicals. I guess what made me discount this theory a little, was his asking TM to rent him a storage space. If he was going to dissolved Stacy he would have needed a space to do it. Since I think that TM was a diversion, it stands to reason that if TM knew about it, it was faked. (and I don't mean that TM faked it, I mean that DrewP faked it and led TM to believe it.) So if he dissolved her somewhere, then he found someplace else to do it.

This scenario makes a lot of sense. I've always felt that DP knew he couldn't let Stacy leave him with the knowledge she had in regards to Kathleen. He planned on doing away with Stacy, but didn't plan on doing it on a weekend with the older boys and neighbors home. I think he would have done it on a weekday and away from home - no witnesses.

I think DP killed Stacy in a rage on Sunday, Oct. 28th, and he was then caught in the worst possible circumstances, with the the children in the house and neighbors home. He had to get the body out of the house before the children found the body or before Stacy's family became suspicious.

Cass said she started calling Stacy in the early afternoon and got no response. She became increasingly alarmed. She went to the Peterson home about 11:00pm, saw that both the Denali and Stacy's car weren't there. One of the boys answered the door, saying that his dad wasn't home - that his mom and dad had an argument and Stacy left and his dad was out looking for her.

Later, Cass called Drew's cell phone and when he answered it he was out of breath and Cass heard the sound of car keys. She asked where he was and he said he was at home.......but Cass was sitting in her car near the Peterson house and could see that DP's car wasn't in the driveway.

In the wee hours of the morning, Cass and her boyfriend, Bruce, saw that both the Denali and Stacy's car were in the driveway of the Peterson home, and Bruce called Drew, who told him that Stacy had left him and she called and told him her car was at the airport and he had gone and brought it home.

It was at that point that Cass went to the police to report Stacy missing.

When Cass first called Drew, when he was out of breath and she heard the sound of car keys............he could have been out disposing of Stacy's body in the woods.
Can police go back and do the "ping" thing for the day that this call from Cass took place,and get Drew's location??

Yeah there seems to be some discreptancy about the 3 day head clearing trip. It was my understanding, and from conversations with Ric seemed to be confirmed that DrewP didn't actually go anywhere. He was just leaving the house and slipping over the back fence. But that he would return to the house at some point. He wasn't actually on a trip, it was just that people didn't know where he was going in those three days as he was coming and going.

Yeah I remember the theory too. And IIRC we actually possibly found a source who was connected to DrewP who might have had access to the acid chemicals. I guess what made me discount this theory a little, was his asking TM to rent him a storage space. If he was going to dissolved Stacy he would have needed a space to do it. Since I think that TM was a diversion, it stands to reason that if TM knew about it, it was faked. (and I don't mean that TM faked it, I mean that DrewP faked it and led TM to believe it.) So if he dissolved her somewhere, then he found someplace else to do it.

Mysterview,
If I remember correctly, D. had his motorcyle hid in his hanger at the airport...which he could walk to, from his back yard....get on it and ride away without being noticed...Later I read that motorcycle disappeared and he was riding Stacys small one..
Does anyone know if HIS motorcycle ever showed back up??

Mysterview,
If I remember correctly, D. had his motorcyle hid in his hanger at the airport...which he could walk to, from his back yard....get on it and ride away without being noticed...Later I read that motorcycle disappeared and he was riding Stacys small one..
Does anyone know if HIS motorcycle ever showed back up??

No, I hadn't heard anything about his bike. I know that in public, he was riding Stacy's bike until her family took it because it was in her name. I had wondered though about if he had a bike. I didn't think he would buy one for Stacy and not buy one for himself.

Can police go back and do the "ping" thing for the day that this call from Cass took place,and get Drew's location??

Yeah, they can. IIRC Rumor has it that one of the the pings hit in an area close to one of Stacy's friends houses that DrewP claimed was Stacy's boyfriend. But I don't remember if it was the ping when Cass called or the ping when Stacy's phone called DrewP's phone while TM was watching the phone. Though I think that was the Stacy's phone/DrewP's phone contact.

I'm not sure they have ever released the results of the ping when Cass called DrewP.

Yeah, they can. IIRC Rumor has it that one of the the pings hit in an area close to one of Stacy's friends houses that DrewP claimed was Stacy's boyfriend. But I don't remember if it was the ping when Cass called or the ping when Stacy's phone called DrewP's phone while TM was watching the phone. Though I think that was the Stacy's phone/DrewP's phone contact.

I'm not sure they have ever released the results of the ping when Cass called DrewP.
From what I remember, the ping when TM had the phone was near the friend of Stacey. The ping when Cass called was by the canal, which is why they searched the canal.

There are lots of sleuths here who have a lot more info than I regarding this case. That being said, I did have another thought regarding disposal......

Drew may have had one idea for disposal, but then had to re-think. Here's what I mean:

Most of us here who think Drew murdered Stacy beoieve that something got out of hand on Sunday and he killed her in the bedroom - unplanned on that particular day. Now what? Neighbors are at home, the children are in the house, Stacy's family is expecting her to help paint. Someone is going to wonder where she is.

Drew had to get Stacy's body out of the house. Once the murder happened, item #1 was to get rid of the body. Unable to act alone and in total desperation, Drew elicited the help of his half-brother, Tom Morphey.

From here, we can only guess. Let's assume that Drew was certain of Tom's loyalty. In that case, he put the blue barrel/container/rectangular box somewhere safe. While working on that, he got a call from Cassandra. More desperation as Cassandra may very well go to the police. He had to get home in case the police came.

Soon after Stacy was reported missing, Drew realized that Morphey was in the hospital from a suicide attempt. His unstable half brother is now unreliable. He could say anything. If he talked, then the blue barrel/container/rectangular box would be connected to Drew.

Here's my newest thought.......Suppose that Drew retrieved the body and put it in another type of container......one that is a different color. A different color container would go a long way toward discrediting Morphey if Stacy's body were ever found. The 3-day head clearing trip? Possibly to change the container. Gruesome thoughts, but I'm still thinking about a burial in a pre-planned spot. It would be an unbelievable amount of work, but in the long run it would go a long way toward discrediting Morphey. And thus far, he appears to be the star witness. Thoughts anyone?

From what I remember, the ping when TM had the phone was near the friend of Stacey.

The ping when Cass called was by the canal, which is why they searched the canal....

Thesleuther, excellent post and very possible!

I haven't heard IF D.'s motorcycle has ever re-appeared...did he ever collect any Insurance on it?
In case it has not, my far-out theory is this: he possibly sunk his motorcycle with Stacy tied to it...

Closeobserver, another thought is: we really do NOT know what chemical was stored in the blue barrel in D's garage, maybe it wasn't chemicals for the pool....but an acid product.

A 30-55 gallon barrel is way too big a barrel for private pool chemicals...
I doubt public pools would use that much.
We have a very large, in ground pool and buy our chemicals in 5 gallon buckets which last most all summer..

Offhand, I can't really think of many chemicals you would ship in those blue barrels. Can't ship flammable solvents in a flammable barrel. Maybe road salt or calcium chloride? Washing soda or baking soda? What bothers me is if any dastardly chemical is in one, even a humid day could set off a terrible reaction. Sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, concentrated sulfuric acid--none of those play well with water and I doubt they could be shipped that way.

I've seen fruit purees in them, grape products, dry powdered milk, shortening, and maybe frying oil. Maybe they came from a restaurant? Or hmm, a bar that serves fried food?

Offhand, I can't really think of many chemicals you would ship in those blue barrels. Can't ship flammable solvents in a flammable barrel. Maybe road salt or calcium chloride? Washing soda or baking soda? What bothers me is if any dastardly chemical is in one, even a humid day could set off a terrible reaction. Sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, concentrated sulfuric acid--none of those play well with water and I doubt they could be shipped that way.

I've seen fruit purees in them, grape products, dry powdered milk, shortening, and maybe frying oil. Maybe they came from a restaurant? Or hmm, a bar that serves fried food?
OK, let me clarify my thoughts. First of all, I am only throwing the chemical dissolving theory out there as a possibility because it fits perfectly into the 3 day head clearing trip scenario. IF this is plausible, that doesn't mean he moved the chemical in the blue barrel. The blue barrel could have been used to transport the body (remember there is speculation that he tried to hire truckers to move a package) to a location, perhaps a storage facility, where he could have already had acid in storage. Remember, it is theorized that Drew had contingency plans in place to "get rid" of Stacy. Even if it wasn't the intended day, he may very well have had everything in place for the eventual deed.

The body could have been transfered, he could have spent 2 days dissolving the body, and the 3rd day dumping the "sludge" somewhere (perhaps in a hole dug in the woods and covered very easily) , and cleaning up evidence. The blue barrel could have easily been sawed up into pieces and dumped in a dumpster, never to be found>

Not too far fetched for a criminal mind like his. He had years to plan the inevitable. As things were going south with Stacy (and obviously they were because she was planning to see a divorce lawyer), he had plenty of time to set this up.

And, this all fits in with his confidence that Stacy will never be found....and Cass's comments that she needed to be found within 2 days.

Oh, I hope you don't get me wrong--I think your theory is a good one. And I do think that somehow he could have gotten the chemicals to do the trick. I'm starting to wonder if he got the barrel from some other source, say a restaurant or a bakery, then got the chemicals another place.

I think that since Drew was in LE all those years and saw the evolution of trace evidence, he would be very aware of how important it is to get rid of it. Even if he didn't want to dissolve her completely, just enough to get rid of any trace evidence that could link him to the crime is really all he needed.

Remember when it was speculated that he made the Stacy phone call with her cell phone when Morphey was in the coffee shop that Sunday evening? It was thought that he was near the guy she was talking to that Sunday morning of the disappearance (don't remember his name right now), and that he was trying to set him up as the perpetrator.

Think about it...a few chemicals to get rid of any trace evidence linking him to the crime and the possibility of a different color container...even IF the body were ever found, it would be tough to link him to the crime.

We, of course, don't know the evidence that LE has, and all of this is speculation. But Drew's years as a law enforcement officer combined with his proclivity to criminality himself means that the best detectives have a tough job on their hands.

I think that since Drew was in LE all those years and saw the evolution of trace evidence, he would be very aware of how important it is to get rid of it. Even if he didn't want to dissolve her completely, just enough to get rid of any trace evidence that could link him to the crime is really all he needed.

Remember when it was speculated that he made the Stacy phone call with her cell phone when Morphey was in the coffee shop that Sunday evening? It was thought that he was near the guy she was talking to that Sunday morning of the disappearance (don't remember his name right now), and that he was trying to set him up as the perpetrator.

Think about it...a few chemicals to get rid of any trace evidence linking him to the crime and the possibility of a different color container...even IF the body were ever found, it would be tough to link him to the crime.

We, of course, don't know the evidence that LE has, and all of this is speculation. But Drew's years as a law enforcement officer combined with his proclivity to criminality himself means that the best detectives have a tough job on their hands.

Bold Mine.

I believe DP was making the Stacy call from near Stacy's friend, Rosotti...or something like that, lives. He is a twin and a nurse. The person she was on the phone with Sunday was a friend of her's and Cass's, Bruce. That's IIRC. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter
Back