Starting from scratch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in the Radiology Department at Duke University Hospital for 6 months doing a travel RN assignemnt a few years ago. The Radiologists there only used the phrase 'lacunar' in reference to a stroke. There was not another instance where this was used. If there was a possibility that it could be a cystic fluid buildup (which could resemble a lacune in some instances), they would actually state something to the effect of "possibly a cyst versus..." then state that they could not determine what it was without furhter review with a MRI (which is what Duke uses for most all of their brain scans where they need definitive clear pictures, like with their Brain Tumor Center patients.)

Also, I have never seen "lacunar" or "lacunes" used in any Radiology reports when referencing age related atrophy. It is generally reported as "white/grey matter atrophy consistant with aging." Now with plaques, like those seen in MS, some Alzheimers, and some atherosclerotic changes, usually the radiologists report says "plaque" or "plaque like".

Without seeing the actual (original) CT Scan report, and just going by what what was revealed in several quotes here on the board, I would see 'lacunes' and immediately think stroke, as most of my collegues would too.

Here is a link to some more info, including a chart with signs and symptoms related to where the infarct is... Interestingly, no memory issues are listed, so these lacunes could be a mute point in relation to his amnesia. The brain is a wonderous yet tricky thing, so who knows... :waitasec:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacunar_stroke

Question, and this is NOT related to Ben.
What do calcium deposits mean on a head CT?

===
Hey Jules:
I found the same links, except I did not find the fb page.
Nice job.
and nice to see his face.
And obviously this man is a wordy guy, able to produce all those books.

So what might it mean that we have someone with a nome de plume (sp?) out there with our guy's name???? Pretty weird coincidence I have to say!!!
Additionally, Gottfried appears to be active in the Coalition for Homeless community action group....

Every few months I add Mr. Kyles information to my single parents group. (as well as a few other cases from time to time). If nothing else, it brings cases such as Mr Kyles to the eyes of people who may not look at crime or missing persons sites.

Two people replied. One wanted to know what she could do via sending donations, or collecting donations for clothes etc.- In addition to sending his info to everyone she knows. I kindly responded Mr. Kyle doesn't accept 'charity' so to speak, but passing his picture and story around with the request of trying to get it to those who may have known him based on his memories of Colorado and Indiana..... It may not be a lot, but imo it is something. There are appx 7200 members at this SP group, which includes parents of all ages, and grandparents, so not just young uns.

Myself, on an off beat note, I keep thinking of some way to tie the BK with KB aka King of Beers now that superbowl time is approaching. Complete wish list, but I was just dreaming how nice it would be to have Mr. Kyle do a super bowl commercial for Anheuser Busch.... Surely he'd be identified if his face and info made national TV during the Super Bowl. I can dream, and I can wish.... even if it isn't likely realistic. ;)

I'm stumped on this case right now.

Wow Cubby, what a crazy, off beat idea for BK---I love it! Maybe since he lived in CO we could get Coors to do it? I have no idea how, but what an awesome idea!

Every few months I add Mr. Kyles information to my single parents group. (as well as a few other cases from time to time). If nothing else, it brings cases such as Mr Kyles to the eyes of people who may not look at crime or missing persons sites.

Two people replied. One wanted to know what she could do via sending donations, or collecting donations for clothes etc.- In addition to sending his info to everyone she knows. I kindly responded Mr. Kyle doesn't accept 'charity' so to speak, but passing his picture and story around with the request of trying to get it to those who may have known him based on his memories of Colorado and Indiana..... It may not be a lot, but imo it is something. There are appx 7200 members at this SP group, which includes parents of all ages, and grandparents, so not just young uns.

Myself, on an off beat note, I keep thinking of some way to tie the BK with KB aka King of Beers now that superbowl time is approaching. Complete wish list, but I was just dreaming how nice it would be to have Mr. Kyle do a super bowl commercial for Anheuser Busch.... Surely he'd be identified if his face and info made national TV during the Super Bowl. I can dream, and I can wish.... even if it isn't likely realistic. ;)

I'm stumped on this case right now.

Does anyone know if we are to be passing media ideas through Colleen F or NB first?

IMO, I think we just go ahead. Nothing has been out there lately.
Newsweek article did not pan out, for whatever reason.
I only saw the one news article from Kansas, nothing from Oklahoma.

Wow Cubby, what a crazy, off beat idea for BK---I love it! Maybe since he lived in CO we could get Coors to do it? I have no idea how, but what an awesome idea!

Coors would work too, but none of us know anyone who makes commercials. My dad used to work for one of the big ad agencies but he's been retired for so long, we don't have those contacts anymore. It was just one of those odd things that crossed my mind because I am so frustrated Mr. Kyle isn't yet id'd. Not saying, if I had the contacts I wouldn't toss the idea out there because I certainly would. But to who?

thanks!

Does anyone know if we are to be passing media ideas through Colleen F or NB first?

IMO, I think we just go ahead. Nothing has been out there lately.
Newsweek article did not pan out, for whatever reason.
I only saw the one news article from Kansas, nothing from Oklahoma.

I put the idea's out here... imo, if they are interested in our idea's they can come here and read them, unless someone from here who is in contact with them brings the suggestions. Though, I think that would be a lot to ask.... so, I just go back to if they are interested, the idea's are right here to read.

I'm still :waitasec: why no national media is interested in picking up Mr. Kyles story. Regardless if the beating occured or not, the fact still remains this man can not work, drive...and is so limited in what he can do legally, he needs to be identified.

jmo

Jane Velez Mitchell is my facebook friend as is Tori Spelling's hubby (plus a few others) & a blogger that's getting pretty well known. If we can get our act together with correct info, I'd be happy to pass it on to them.

I wish I had more time.. Hubby has had the lowest few weeks with his cancer treatment.. well month or so I should say :(

now that superbowl time is approaching. Complete wish list, but I was just dreaming how nice it would be to have Mr. Kyle do a super bowl commercial for Anheuser Busch.... Surely he'd be identified if his face and info made national TV during the Super Bowl. I can dream, and I can wish.... even if it isn't likely realistic. ;)

Cubby, that is a wonderful idea! If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Super Bowl is carried live by other networks around the globe. Maybe the NFL or United Way could do a PSA for Mr. Kyle during the Super Bowl. The only other sporting event that I can think of that is carried live around the world is the World Series.

On another note, we all know that Mr. Kyle's story was carried on the Dr. Phil show, but that show usually is shown during the mornings or afternoons.

We need to have Mr. Kyle's story on national television during prime time where it would be seen by a huge number of television viewers.

I'm thinking maybe he could appear on Larry King on CNN, but it would only be seen by cable television viewers. Perhaps Mr. Kyle's story could appear on national network television, such as 60 minutes on CBS, or maybe on Jay Leno Show on NBC.

Maybe other sleuthers on this forum have better ideas than I have. Let's all think of any ideas that would help have Mr. Kyle's story be told to the largest television audience possible.

Does anyone know if those working with Mr. Kyle are approaching any of these suggestions? I'd love to see Mr. Kyle on a national program such as 60 minutes. I'm hoping maybe the people doing the documentary will submit some of their footage to the national news stations.....

I was on another thread here at WS and noticed that someone posted information about a fire in 1973 at the National Military Personnel Records building in St. Louis. I searched wiki for the info, and supposedly 16 million military records were distroyed. It made me think of BK. Supposedly only Army records were destroyed. Maybe he DID have a military record, did have fingerprints taken etc but the records were destroyed. They reconstucted records based on pay stubs etc, but I wonder if some records were never reconstructed....

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Personnel_Records_Center[/ame]

I was on another thread here at WS and noticed that someone posted information about a fire in 1973 at the National Military Personnel Records building in St. Louis. I searched wiki for the info, and supposedly 16 million military records were distroyed. It made me think of BK. Supposedly only Army records were destroyed. Maybe he DID have a military record, did have fingerprints taken etc but the records were destroyed. They reconstucted records based on pay stubs etc, but I wonder if some records were never reconstructed....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Personnel_Records_Center
And, I am wondering if they re-fingerprinted these?

Exactly what I was thinking Carolwood. If they could not find everyone, then they would not have those fingerprints on record. SO...BK COULD have a military record, but no fingerprints on file, potentially...
And, I am wondering if they re-fingerprinted these?

Exactly what I was thinking Carolwood. If they could not find everyone, then they would not have those fingerprints on record. SO...BK COULD have a military record, but no fingerprints on file, potentially...
Wonder if there is a list of these people?

I have put together a list of Powell's, born in Aug. 1948. It has about 300 names, men and woman. I won't post the names of these people, but if I could get some help with finding information on these people, please pm me and I can give a list of say 50 or so? Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper