State files motion to proceed with check fraudUPDATE CASE TO BE SCHEDULED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wasn't suggesting it would work!
Just thinking outloud that she is on video, there is no defense.
And we know he isn't going to go with the I was looking for my kid defense.

5) And, KC overlooked AH's name and addy at the top of the checks.

My guess is that nobody on a jury has ever become confused enough to use someone else's checkbook.

Oh yeah I completely agree. This cases isn't going to get dismissed. The prosecution wants this conviction. They want certain things from the check charges and stealing on record. This case for these charges is pretty much a done deal for the prosecution. She's on camera and more or less admitted to stealing, and signed Amy's checks with her own name. Doesn't get any more clear then that.

Was just trying to explain why I felt Baez was paying back the money. He probably thought it was worth a shot. It didn't work and now they are trying to delay the case.

There are so many smoking guns around her crimes, the state could open a gun shop.

BBM

IIRC we haven't heard any talk or info from SP's bank other than once she found the money missing from the account the bank investigated and repaid SP's account back, they found out it was Casey that stole the money...but the bank is out of that money so would they not wish to pursue charges as well or is it too late now?
Did Cindy pay back the amount to the Bank and inturn they agreed to not press charges? :confused:

You can rest assured any banking institution, any store that suffered any collateral damage from this little Darlin has been urged to press charges. I hope they all do, the more counts the state can add the better. The defense could ask for a bench trial rather than a jury trial, and paying back Amy's bank is already them admitting guilt, so there really would be no need for jury selection or to move the trial to a different city, but we all know Jose wants to milk that for all her can.

5) And, KC overlooked AH's name and addy at the top of the checks.

My guess is that nobody on a jury has ever become confused enough to use someone else's checkbook.

Good point - and IIRC, KC did not have a checking account of her own, did she? She just used CA's credit cards. So the entire act of writing and signing a check would have been a relatively foreign experience to mix up.

Actually see this allot in District Court. The defendant will pay the money back for bad checks or other minor theft charges. Normally once it's paid allot of these cases do get dismissed. That or in some areas with a case like this the defense can request the case go to mediation. Then both parties agree to a repayment or some mutual agreement and the case is dismissed in lieu of mediation. That may be what JB is wanting/trying to do here. That is get the case dismissed. So evidence in the fraud/theft trial can't be used in the murder trial.

And, it didn't happen.

Good point - and IIRC, KC did not have a checking account of her own, did she? She just used CA's credit cards. So the entire act of writing and signing a check would have been a relatively foreign experience to mix up.

KC understood enough about checks to know how to use her grandfather's bank routing number.

My memory on this is fuzzy but I think from the SP interview didn't she say Cindy paid her back or something to that effect?

Memory fuzzy too.
IIRC the bank paid SP back but I thought there was mention of Cindy paying something back unless I am getting it confused with earlier financial issues involving George and Casey where Cindy had to pay money back.

Being that it is 4:15 est, I think that we will not get a decision from Strickland today. It seems he is having trouble deciding on this one. I don't think that he will allow the check fraud case to be tried before the murder case. Too bad.

Memory fuzzy too.
IIRC the bank paid SP back but I thought there was mention of Cindy paying something back unless I am getting it confused with earlier financial issues involving George and Casey where Cindy had to pay money back.

I don't know if Cindy paid her mother back or not; she probably did. I do remember (I believe it was in the e-mails to her sister) that Shirley said Cindy offered for Casey to come and clean Shirley's house in lieu of paying her back, and Shirley said no, that she didn't want Casey in her house.

I don't know if Cindy paid her mother back or not; she probably did. I do remember (I believe it was in the e-mails to her sister) that Shirley said Cindy offered for Casey to come and clean Shirley's house in lieu of paying her back, and Shirley said no, that she didn't want Casey in her house.

OMG, she didn't want her in her house? Man, thats bad when your GRAMMA says that! Yeah, no kidding, she'd have to wonder what else would go missing! :rolleyes:

Wow, thanks, don't remember reading that one.
You gotta know you've hit bottom with your grandma she doesn't want you in her house.
SP is one swift granny. :)

OMG, she didn't want her in her house? Man, thats bad when your GRAMMA says that! Yeah, no kidding, she'd have to wonder what else would go missing! :rolleyes:

Well, NOBODY in the extended family likes KC.

That's why none of them have been around. No aunts, uncles, or cousins.

I think I read CA did pay her mother back.

The bank covered AH's losses, IIRC.

Actually see this allot in District Court. The defendant will pay the money back for bad checks or other minor theft charges. Normally once it's paid allot of these cases do get dismissed. That or in some areas with a case like this the defense can request the case go to mediation. Then both parties agree to a repayment or some mutual agreement and the case is dismissed in lieu of mediation. That may be what JB is wanting/trying to do here. That is get the case dismissed. So evidence in the fraud/theft trial can't be used in the murder trial.

This is my feeling about the bad checks-

I had several bad checks to several different stores for several hundred dollars- I get a letter from the bank the check was drawn on (I previously had an account there and still had the checks..) and from one of the stores. Both wanted me to make arrangments to pay them back and if I didn't they would press charges. I ignored them .. about 3 years went by and they finally pressed charged. My "punishment"? I got 2 years probation- on top of the probation I was violating by writing bad checks. No paying anyone back, nothing.

I'm just not seeing Casey's check charges ending up being anything big. IMO It's not a crime they really punish harshly. Though they should! The system is a joke!

I had several bad checks to several different stores for several hundred dollars- I get a letter from the bank the check was drawn on (I previously had an account there and still had the checks..) and from one of the stores. Both wanted me to make arrangments to pay them back and if I didn't they would press charges. I ignored them .. about 3 years went by and they finally pressed charged. My "punishment"? I got 2 years probation- on top of the probation I was violating by writing bad checks. No paying anyone back, nothing.

I'm just not seeing Casey's check charges ending up being anything big. IMO It's not a crime they really punish harshly. Though they should! The system is a joke!

This is different then a rubber check.

Do you remember where you read that email? Coz I missed that one and would like to read those! :) MOO

Are you serious?! I was going to say well they must of been for small amounts but I reread your post and it says several hundred dollars! I am shocked! Not that I'd want any harsh punishment doled out on you---you're my WS's friend!:blowkiss:

But I was hoping KC would have her hiney handed to her for her bad check activity! Dang--sounds like I'm going to be let down there. Don't answer this if you don't want to but are you in the same state as KC? Maybe FLA is harsher on rubber check writers? Hey, I can hope, right?

Totally O/T but it must be difficult to be a judge sometimes. To keep your sentences consistent. I would think it would be difficult for a judge to want to punish "person unknown" to the fullest extent but when your "friend or friend's child" comes before you on the same charge--you'd want to say, "put your hands out" and then give them a slap on the wrist! lol I guess that's the sign of a good and honest judge---one who is consistent no matter who is standing charged before him. :cow:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missledet
Back