State files motion to proceed with check fraudUPDATE CASE TO BE SCHEDULED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now wouldn't that just be a wonderful thought!!!

After all, they transport people serving prison sentences to court hearings all the time! Keep them in holding cells or maybe in her case she'd get to visit her old "room" on a weekly basis then on weekends back to the Big House!!

A dose of prison might make her re-think going through a trial.........I mean she can't possibly still be in some fantacy world JB helped create where she thinks she's gonna just walk from Caylee's murder, could she? Hopefully AL has erased that right outta her mind & has helped reality to finally set in!

If she does go through trial I'd hope for the Dp as final result BUT I'm not opposed to the idea of a plea deal for LWOP. Caylee gets justice, she still loses the freedom from which she committed the crime to fascillitate such, the FL tax-payers can close this circus down and finally get relief along with the healing of the community the A's have all been playing for over a year!

that's IF the state would even entertain a deal at this point.........?

Yes. That woman needs to be off the streets forever. She's a dangerous career criminal.

I still wish the judge could order tubal ligation.

Lemme see.. this Monday is w/i 90 days! ;-)

After all, they transport people serving prison sentences to court hearings all the time! Keep them in holding cells or maybe in her case she'd get to visit her old "room" on a weekly basis then on weekends back to the Big House!!

A dose of prison might make her re-think going through a trial.........I mean she can't possibly still be in some fantacy world JB helped create where she thinks she's gonna just walk from Caylee's murder, could she? Hopefully AL has erased that right outta her mind & has helped reality to finally set in!

If she does go through trial I'd hope for the Dp as final result BUT I'm not opposed to the idea of a plea deal for LWOP. Caylee gets justice, she still loses the freedom from which she committed the crime to fascillitate such, the FL tax-payers can close this circus down and finally get relief along with the healing of the community the A's have all been playing for over a year!

I'd embrace a plea deal for an LWOP.

I think JB will surely plead "Nolo Contendere" (No Contest). Definitions below from Nolo's Plain English Law Dictionary.

"A plea made by the defendant in a criminal action that is substantially but not technically an admission of guilt and subjects the defendant to punishment but permits denial of the alleged facts in other proceedings."

"A criminal defendant's plea in court that the defendant will not contest the charge of a particular crime, also called "nolo contendere." While technically not an admission of guilt for commission of the crime, a plea of "no contest" will be treated for sentencing purposes by a judge as an admission of responsibility. A no contest plea is often made in cases in which there is also a possible lawsuit for damages by a person injured by the criminal conduct (such as reckless driving, assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault), because it cannot be used in the civil lawsuit as an admission of fault."

I'm not sure I see the point. Check fraud for such a minimal amount would be a misdemeanor at most and it's not like she would get time. She has no previous criminal record. If that was the only charge, she'd probably get a fine and probation.

Anyone out there have access to the Florida penal code?

~Jai Yen

I thought that about last year it was determined that at least one of the charges is a felony? And, that the felony somehow affects and enhances the murder charges.

Pity we have to keep digging up and re-posting this stuff, every year or so.

This because the youngsters on the threads haven't seen the stuff, and the oldsters have forgotten the locations and details.

Finally, AH will get to be face to face with KC! I hope all of KC's former friends show up for the trial!
But I'm wondering if maybe KC will change her plea to the charges and avoid trial all together. Can she do that?

She sure can. Though I hope she doesn't because I think Amy deserves her day in court!

I think JB will surely plead "Nolo Contendere" (No Contest). Definitions below from Nolo's Plain English Law Dictionary.

"A plea made by the defendant in a criminal action that is substantially but not technically an admission of guilt and subjects the defendant to punishment but permits denial of the alleged facts in other proceedings."

"A criminal defendant's plea in court that the defendant will not contest the charge of a particular crime, also called "nolo contendere." While technically not an admission of guilt for commission of the crime, a plea of "no contest" will be treated for sentencing purposes by a judge as an admission of responsibility. A no contest plea is often made in cases in which there is also a possible lawsuit for damages by a person injured by the criminal conduct (such as reckless driving, assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault), because it cannot be used in the civil lawsuit as an admission of fault."

If he doesn't, he's stupid-er (new word... lol) than I already thought.

aaww poor casey and jb. hey jb are you getting use to hearing "no way jose" yet...we sure aren't :)

She'd be kept by herself in prison just like she is in jail.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:clap::clap::clap::clap:​

PLease don't forget copyright rules:
Only post a few sentences from the article and then provide a link.
Posts that violate will be removed or edited.
Thanks all.

Do you think GA is SO mad he wants to stomp in JS's chamber? Am I bad:blushing:

Go JS!!!!
:woohoo:

Go WS!!!! :slap:

This just makes me so happy.

Is the state pressing for this check fraud trial for the purpose of getting it on record that KC is criminal minded? This is a low level crime. A regular person (who is not a murder suspect) would get probation for this at worst. There is no time that would be served. I'm guessing the SA's office wants to use this in the murder trial to show that she is not a first time offender although history shows that people who commit financial crimes are not of the same makeup as a murderer. It's a huge leap to go from stealing grandma's money to pay for your phone bill, stealing from your parents and your friends to killing your daughter. I'm not quite understanding why the state is so aggressive in pursuing this. I hope it doesn't backfire.

I respectfully disagree. First of all, in addition to the check fraud charges, which only involve Amy, there is abundant evidence she has stolen before, from her grandfather's account and GA said she faked a $4400 deposit to steal from her own parents. Not to mention potentially tens of thousands of dollars in credit card fees that CA apparently had to pay. Just because her family covered up her previous crimes does not mean she did not commit them or that it does not show an escalating pattern of behavior - a lack of concern for the property of others.

I am one who believes that the ultimate theft is that of stealing someone's life - taking something away from someone else that belongs to them and is considered inviolable or sacred. While not all financial thieves are murderers; I do think that murderers are the highest level of thief; they have such little respect and disregard for others that they take away from them what is most precious; their lives. (I also think that some thieves like A.Madoff are sociopaths who perhaps prefer stealing money, but have no feeling for how it affects others' lives).

If charges had been pressed on KC's previous financial crimes, then this trial would indicate recidivism and an acceleration of criminal activities and would indeed be germaine to her general character and state of mind regarding her murder charges. She has lived her entire life with a family that either minimized or covered up her accumulated misdeeds and I think it's only fair that she should have to pay for her track record, no matter how "low level" it may seem in this instance.

I posted in the check fraud thread...didn't think the Mods would want another thread but I'll repost my sentiments here.

I'm thrilled that AH will finally be face to face with KC and i hope all of KC's former friends attend the trial.
I'm also wondering if it's possible for KC to change her plea and avoid the trial all togeter.

I really do hope all AH's friends show up in court to support their her. Can you imagine KC's reaction?

I also don't understand her not changing her plea. Didn't she tell her parents during one of the jail visits to tell AH she is sorry and she felt bad about what she did to her?

I really do hope all AH's friends show up in court to support their her. Can you imagine KC's reaction?

I also don't understand her not changing her plea. Didn't she tell her parents during one of the jail visits to tell AH she is sorry and she felt bad about what she did to her?

yes she did....they also have it on tape....go figure:bang:

Finally! Yep, she's going to get convicted on the check fraud charge and will be transferred to prison. YAY!!! Again, thanks to Judge Strickland who I might be developing a crush on. :blowkiss:

This is big news. Now Casey will begin the murder trial with prior felony convictions, and it will be harder for her attorneys to argue against the death penalty- they can't say she has no prior criminal record.

IIRC AL mentioned that there were lots of potential motions regarding the fraud case because she has issues with Florida Law, I wonder if she is going to drag this out to the detriment of the Murder trial or concede to get it over with and move on?

It seems that they are delaying the inevitable and while KC has the right to a fair trial in this, it'd be better to take the hit and focus on saving her life. JMHO

IIRC AL mentioned that there were lots of potential motions regarding the fraud case because she has issues with Florida Law, I wonder if she is going to drag this out to the detriment of the Murder trial or concede to get it over with and move on?

It seems that they are delaying the inevitable and while KC has the right to a fair trial in this, it'd be better to take the hit and focus on saving her life. JMHO

I thought she was referring to the DP case?
Why would she need to get involved in the check fraud case.?
Baez has other lawyers on staff that could handle the check fraud case with our without him and without her.
Just asking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reporter-C.Lin
Back