Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curiosity killed the cat. :rollercoaster:

Here's what I say since we are playing, "What if..."

I say that if she wants to donate her organs and she's going to be dead anyway, maybe we should start looking at this type of thing as a viable alternative.

From a purely technical stand point, no argument could be made against it, in fact it would be an ideal setting.

what happens is that the emotions of the situation come into play.

As far as 'transferring evil' goes...usually with transplants, the recipient never knows who the donor was so ...I don't know about transference of evil.

When people tell me that they think that some place is haunted or tainted because a person died there I always ask them if they have ever been a patient in a hospital?

Did you know that the bed you are lying in could have EASILY just hours before held a dead body. That's the truth. People die in the hospital all the time and the beds and room get stripped down and washed and re-made and then especially in a busy hospital, someone is admitted and put in that bed.

Non the wiser.

It's a fact of life.

I'm just the messenger.

:scared::tyou:

Very logical. Thank you.

I think what he was saying was that Det. Flores mis-interpreted what he said, but I didn't take it that he was calling the detective a liar. :twocents:

That's how I interpreted what was said as well.

On my big list of 'What is Wrong With the DT" That really bothers me is JW thinking she is some fast talking slick that is going to get up there and 'trip up ' the witness to expose the evil lies they have told.

ANYONE except a practiced pathological liar gets flabergasted under pressure and who among us hasn't accidentally said the wrong word when we meant something else.

But there JW is, "So you made a mistake then." to me that's not justice in the court room that's a personality disorder drawn to this line of work. :facepalm:

There are specific conditions required for harvesting of organs (ones like the liver, heart, lung etc .. cornea / skin different). The person who is dying needs to die in a hospital setting and they need to be brain dead on life support so that preparations can be made before harvesting, also usually a match is found before the harvesting occurs.

So if this was to happen, then the person on death row would need to be moved to a hospital setting, and after blood tests etc done to find matches, be put into a state where they would be made unconscious on life support, this would require many medical staff becoming involved in the process.

In theory yes, why not .. in practice I can't see it happening before legal euthanasia .. which I also can't see happening.

I shall add here that there have been anecdotal (is that a word and did I spell it correctly?) anyway I've seen some little programs on TV where the recipient of a transplant starts craving certain foods and then if they are in contact with the host family they go to them and say.."Hey you know I've really been craving Lefse and whole milk and I never have had it in my whole life." and the host family says, "OH JA, Swen was a huge fan of lefse, we ate it all da time."

~

Another debate could be held about 'cell memory'. Now, I am a fan in the cell memory camp and if you would like to get into a heavy conversation about that we could probably start a whole new thread somewhere....

Thanks for that. I just get a spooky feeling thinking about Jodi's organs being transferred to another living being. :razz:

Curiosity killed the cat. :rollercoaster:

Here's what I say since we are playing, "What if..."

I say that if she wants to donate her organs and she's going to be dead anyway, maybe we should start looking at this type of thing as a viable alternative.

From a purely technical stand point, no argument could be made against it, in fact it would be an ideal setting.

what happens is that the emotions of the situation come into play.

As far as 'transferring evil' goes...usually with transplants, the recipient never knows who the donor was so ...I don't know about transference of evil.

When people tell me that they think that some place is haunted or tainted because a person died there I always ask them if they have ever been a patient in a hospital?

Did you know that the bed you are lying in could have EASILY just hours before held a dead body. That's the truth. People die in the hospital all the time and the beds and room get stripped down and washed and re-made and then especially in a busy hospital, someone is admitted and put in that bed.

Non the wiser.

It's a fact of life.

I'm just the messenger.

:scared::tyou:

Of course I would feel differently. But the post wasn't about voluntary organ donation.

The topic is moot, thank goodness, because such sadistic punishment is unlawful and anathema to civilized societies. Nonetheless, that the idea is even entertained, and given verbal support, is disturbing and worthy of discussion.

I agree that the thought of an involuntary donation is disturbing and quite frankly---ridiculous.

Maybe this belongs in a different forum (if so please tell me kindly and I'll move)

I'm so angry. I don't know here else to post this. But I'm mad. I'm 33 and I'm single. I'm very active on Match.com and other dating websites (yeah, sue me).

I would give my right arm to meet a man like Travis. I've been all over Youtube tonight, Between laughing (about my stupid fat cats) and crying over the tributes to him, I'm just angry that I'll never get to meet a wonderful man like Travis. '

And i'm angry that Travis will never get to meet the woman of his dreams, get married, have children and grandchildren.

I need to take a break. I'm so angry about so many things right now.

I've worked in IT for over 15 years.

Here's what I think:

1.Her browsers history and cache were probably cleared.
2.Depending on the type of internet connection she had (DSL, dial-up), the computer's IP address gets renewed regularly or when the modem is rebooted.
3. Socials Networks "purge" user data regularly as well, otherwise the networks would bottleneck.
4. IMHO they have nothing unless she logged into Travis' Gmail and sent an email.
5. Every time you send an email there is a "header" attached; basically encoded script that can be decoded to determine it's sent origin.

Hope that makes some sense! :seeya:
Interesting, thanks. If some of his Gmail sent messages were at the same time he was on his cell phone at a diff location, or same thing with Facebook postings I guess that would be a red flag. I recall JA had charges from an ISP on her bank statement. Maybe her access times can be matched up with activity on his accounts while he was someplace else - on his phone.

We need that? Would go to stalking I suppose - judge didn't let a lot of stalking stuff in though.

I kind of trust JM on what he wanted to use and not throw the kitchen sink. He sure had a lot of evidence in this case! I am glad he has been a hard adz - I've seen too many prosecutors play nice and lose (Marcia).

I shall add here that there have been anecdotal (is that a word and did I spell it correctly?) anyway I've seen some little programs on TV where the recipient of a transplant starts craving certain foods and then if they are in contact with the host family they go to them and say.."Hey you know I've really been craving Lefse and whole milk and I never have had it in my whole life." and the host family says, "OH JA, Swen was a huge fan of lefse, we ate it all da time."

~

Another debate could be held about 'cell memory'. Now, I am a fan in the cell memory camp and if you would like to get into a heavy conversation about that we could probably start a whole new thread somewhere....

So you're thinking then that the evil might transfer then? :floorlaugh:

Emmi :seeya: I get the feeling you are an activist? It is a personal question and you don't have to answer.

Also, do you have a Philosophy background?

An activist? Only when I type. Otherwise, I'm rather shy and retiring.

Philosophy background? Well, I read Plato's Republic once. A better book, though, is a Young Person's Guide to Philosophy--heavily and colourfully illustrated ...;) Do you have a philosophy background?

Is that was that is? Wholly Carp!

It reminds me of the movie Gattaca. Crazy stuff. But, with that being, Jodi would probably would want to do it. I hope euthanasia comes back. There has been a few cases of it here in BC, Canada.

There are specific conditions required for harvesting of organs (ones like the liver, heart, lung etc .. cornea / skin different). The person who is dying needs to die in a hospital setting and they need to be brain dead on life support so that preparations can be made before harvesting, also usually a match is found before the harvesting occurs.

So if this was to happen, then the person on death row would need to be moved to a hospital setting, and after blood tests etc done to find matches, be put into a state where they would be made unconscious on life support, this would require many medical staff becoming involved in the process.

In theory yes, why not .. in practice I can't see it happening before legal euthanasia .. which I also can't see happening.

I agree that the thought of an involuntary donation is disturbing and quite frankly---ridiculous.

Yes. Have you read the dystopian novel Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro? It's quite a piece of work. I had a hard time shaking it from my mind for weeks afterward.

That's how I interpreted what was said as well.

On my big list of 'What is Wrong With the DT" That really bothers me is JW thinking she is some fast talking slick that is going to get up there and 'trip up ' the witness to expose the evil lies they have told.

ANYONE except a practiced pathological liar gets flabergasted under pressure and who among us hasn't accidentally said the wrong word when we meant something else.

But there JW is, "So you made a mistake then." to me that's not justice in the court room that's a personality disorder drawn to this line of work. :facepalm:
BBM
:clap:
Perfect.

Organ donations?

maybe we can just give Jodi a DIY Kit?

:waitasec:

Maybe this belongs in a different forum (if so please tell me kindly and I'll move)

I'm so angry. I don't know here else to post this. But I'm mad. I'm 33 and I'm single. I'm very active on Match.com and other dating websites (yeah, sue me).

I would give my right arm to meet a man like Travis. I've been all over Youtube tonight, Between laughing (about my stupid fat cats) and crying over the tributes to him, I'm just angry that I'll never get to meet a wonderful man like Travis. '

And i'm angry that Travis will never get to meet the woman of his dreams, get married, have children and grandchildren.

I need to take a break. I'm so angry about so many things right now.

Well it's obvious you need me to do an intervention on you so sit back and LISTEN to the advice of an old woman ok?

First off, don't give your right arm away or you won't be able to do this: :seeya:

Secondly, it's really only natural to fantasize about a man who is completely inaccessible to you. Travis Alexander has passed away and you don't get to see all of his trivial failings as a human being, which was what he was...a human being.

He was not a saint, or perfect or an angel he was a human being. He had his personality traits as well. We ALL DO.

Now, on to this statement you've made here which I have bolded: "I'm just angry that I'll never get to meet a wonderful man like Travis."

We need to work on your perception as to why you think you will never meet a wonderful man. There ARE wonderful men out there. (And when you find any I want you to call me immediately :floorlaugh:)

I'm JOKING. But there are wonderful men out there and you are only 33 holy smokes what I would do to go back to my 30's. Heh, heh...I'd be a rich woman.

I've been around the block more times than Girl Scouts selling cookies and I'm here to tell you to GET OFF the dating sites. Go get into life!! Join some kind of club that goes hiking or boating or fishing or something where men with shared interests will be.

Try selling fresh bread at the farmer's market, men LOVE fresh bread.

Yes. Have you read the dystopian novel Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro? It's quite a piece of work. I had a hard time shaking it from my mind for weeks afterward.

Oh My...

That book (Never Let Me Go) is the most haunting book I have ever read...

It was made into a movie last year (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member