State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"JCL"??? I just wasted time trying to look that up, but I have no idea what you are trying to say. :confused:

In the body of her post she called (Geffner, or what ever his name is) Johnny Come Lately. Thus, JCL. Hope that helps.

:truce:

I hate to ask this but can someone PLEASE update me on what is going on since Thursday? I had to go out of town unexpectedly for a funeral and could only catch bits and pieces.

Too much to do at work today to catch up. A brief synopsis on why we are dark until Wednesday will score you a bag of Twizzlers. :please:

We are dark till wednesday because that's the day Dr. Robert Geffner will be able to testify as an surrebuttal expert witness for the defense. We don't know why he couldn't be put on the stand earlier than that. Hearing? Motions? JM taking a crack at him?

Gimme my Twizzzzlers. :rockon:

ABC has posted the Police report for the tire slashing.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/page/police-report-19064993

Wow, I always thought that this was a few months earlier, like in November or December of 2007. I thought that was what Lisa said in her testimony.

How did you find this link? The reason I'm asking is I wonder when/if more of her journal pages will be released to the general public.

I had a couple of minor problems with DeMarte, too. I think her refusing to respond to the "good morning" or "good afternoon" made it seem like she had a chip on her shoulder toward the defense. Yes, her testimony was not favorable toward the DT, and DrD obviously didn't have fond feelings towards them. However, I think she took things too personally, and made it seem she had a grudge against JA and the DT in general. When in reality, she was just testifying to facts she had garnered from her tests and interview.

Secondly, I really hated to see her come back the second go around changing her position on being an "expert" on DV. She has many credentials, and was more than qualified to give her opinion on DV without changing her attitude about being an "expert". I thought that made her seem less credible.

She was a wonderful witness, and had professional and knowledgeable answers to willmott's questions. I just thought her attitude left a little to be desired, and I hope the jurors will judge on facts alone.

I was immediately turned off when Alyce, during re-direct, changed her testimony 180 degrees from her cross with Juan, and I saw a fleeting glimpse of that with Dr D.

And, I too, wish she had explained the tiger question more fully. *I* know what she meant, but I don't want to leave anything questionable in the juror's minds.

I don't think the DT's new witness will make any lasting impression in their case, and I'm just anxious to get to closing statements. I remember in the CA trial, the JP had time limits on the closing statements. I wonder how JS figured out how much time they each get, considering Juan gets two shots. I hope she sticks to her guns, because I can see nurmi going on, and on and on................, and I don't want Juan to be cheated out of any of his time at last to bat.

I can't help but believe most of the jurors have a good idea of their decision already, and are just waiting to hear the closing arguments to bolster an opinion they have already reached.

I pray for justice for Travis, and for changes in our system that will make the victim have at least as many rights as the defendant - in this case, a cold-blooded, premeditated murderer.

RIP Travis.

The good morning thing was a bit off. I was wondering about that myself. If it was that important though then I guess JM would have asked her to greet the Defense. I have to admit, I prefer Demarte's bluntness to ALV's smirks, smiles and 'Mr Martinez' passive aggressive carp.

I didn't know that there is no such thing as an official domestic violence expert. That was interesting to learn.

I'd give her a C+ for her bear/tiger answer. I liked everything else so overall a B+. :)

Every time I see you name, I get a little sad.

I moved from Texas 2 years ago, lived there my whole life.

The thing that is the saddest, I CAN'T FIND TEXMEX in GA. Seriously, nowhere. I can have real Mexican food - I want my TexMex!!!!

Just commenting on your post. I lived my whole life in East Texas and moved to Indiana. I love everything about Indiana except....no fresh seafood and folks here don't know what Cajun cooking is! The restaurants all think it just means adding some red pepper. Oh my how I miss good Cajun gumbo and jambalaya and fresh jumbo Gulf shrimp and oysters. Mmm. Mmm. Have to cook the cajun food myself and thankfully I can. Sure would love the fresh, not frozen, seafood though. My brother lives in Austin and they have the best Mexican food I have ever eaten. Nothing like it!

I had a couple of minor problems with DeMarte, too. I think her refusing to respond to the "good morning" or "good afternoon" made it seem like she had a chip on her shoulder toward the defense. Yes, her testimony was not favorable toward the DT, and DrD obviously didn't have fond feelings towards them. However, I think she took things too personally, and made it seem she had a grudge against JA and the DT in general. When in reality, she was just testifying to facts she had garnered from her tests and interview.

Secondly, I really hated to see her come back the second go around changing her position on being an "expert" on DV. She has many credentials, and was more than qualified to give her opinion on DV without changing her attitude about being an "expert". I thought that made her seem less credible.

She was a wonderful witness, and had professional and knowledgeable answers to willmott's questions. I just thought her attitude left a little to be desired, and I hope the jurors will judge on facts alone.

I was immediately turned off when Alyce, during re-direct, changed her testimony 180 degrees from her cross with Juan, and I saw a fleeting glimpse of that with Dr D.

And, I too, wish she had explained the tiger question more fully. *I* know what she meant, but I don't want to leave anything questionable in the juror's minds.

I don't think the DT's new witness will make any lasting impression in their case, and I'm just anxious to get to closing statements. I remember in the CA trial, the JP had time limits on the closing statements. I wonder how JS figured out how much time they each get, considering Juan gets two shots. I hope she sticks to her guns, because I can see nurmi going on, and on and on................, and I don't want Juan to be cheated out of any of his time at last to bat.

I can't help but believe most of the jurors have a good idea of their decision already, and are just waiting to hear the closing arguments to bolster an opinion they have already reached.

I pray for justice for Travis, and for changes in our system that will make the victim have at least as many rights as the defendant - in this case, a cold-blooded, premeditated murderer.

RIP Travis.

I think she did a good job in explaining there's no such thing as "DV expert" in the academic/professional world. Anyone can call themselves a DV expert, and Alyce misleads people by implying it is some sort of credential when it's not. Plus, Jodi lied to DD and I can see how that would be really annoying. Wilmott was very hostile and aggressive toward DD for no reason imo.

Even a third jury!? Wow, so we either need all 12 to be for DP or atleast one that won't settle for anything but DP until we eventually get all 12! Even if we have to get new jurors!!

How would they choose another jury? The jury pool would have heard most everything about this case.

I would have to restrain myself for giving a head-smack as a starting off point :lol:

The crime / the intent of the murder was completely premeditated.

1) receives email/text from travis a week before giving motive IMO for murder
2)goes 60+ miles out of her way to rent a car, and insists on a more nondescript color for a trip to Nevada.
3) "coincidental" break-in at grandparents where a 25 caliber gun is stolen..same caliber that travis is shot with
4)to borrow gas cans from DB, and mentions needing to go to Mesa.
5) purchases additional gas can in order to be able to "refill on the road"
6) testifies to the idiotic concept of wanting to be able to re-gas outside of Cali bc prices are cheaper...yet she proceeds to fill her car and the gas cans while in Cali.
7) "proves her whereabouts by traveling to Utah by way of southern Cali....leaving a massive paper trail. "I was never in AZ and I have the receipts to prove it."
8) dyes her hair day before the murder. In her own words she states no one would have recognized her at travis's bc they know her as a blonde.
9) cell phone mysteriously has no signal, and she can't charge it because she "lost her charger," which miraculously reappears after entering NV
10) claims of DV and pediphilia can not be corroborated in any way shape or form. Duped expert witnesses don't count!!!!

I only became invested in this case while she was on the stand. Prior to that I was only peripherally aware of it. My first thoughts centered on the idea of coincidence. Yes they happen...but countless coincidences relating to one specific event = a pattern. Funny how ALV refused to look at that pattern, or the totality of events, which is according to her what proved travis was an abuser and a pedaphille.

I'm sure I'm leaving some things out. But another point I would hammer home...

11) she lies
12) she lies
13) she lies
14) she lies
15) she lies

I think you get the idea ;)

Since you were listing things, there was also the flipped/removed license plates on the rental car.

I won't need to hear much except: she stabbed him more than twenty times, she cut his throat, she shot him to assume the killing was cruel.

On finding for cruelty, legally. Besides all the medical evidence, I hope JM will be able to play the police interog tape where JA says (I'm paraphrasing) "

"if I had wanted to kill Travis, I think I would have had to shoot him, then keep shooting him because that would have been merciful, as opposed to stabbing him with a knife."

By her own admission, she chose to kill him in a manner that caused him the maximum of amount of pain.

On finding for cruelty, legally. Besides all the medical evidence, I hope JM will be able to play the police interog tape where JA says (I'm paraphrasing) "

"if I had wanted to kill Travis, I think I would have had to shoot him, then keep shooting him because that would have been merciful, as opposed to stabbing him with a knife."

By her own admission, she chose to kill him in a manner that caused him the maximum of amount of pain.

Oh that's a good one! I wish he would! And her saying "If I had killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty".

This is super crucial. I was shocked when I heard that.

How about 29 stab wounds and the throat slit from ear to ear? I think it should take the jury a minute to decide to sentence her to death.

Just wanted to say hi all, i've been lurking for about a month :fence:

Three things that have weighed heavy on me:

1. If I were a juror on this case, I would be highly offended by the 'grasping at straws' going ons by the DT. They might as well just tell the jury they think they're dense.

2. The diagnosis of PTSD is a disgrace to anyone who has truly ever been through a trauma & was unfortunate enough to suffer PTSD. I was diagnosed with PTSD after a brain injury (TBI) and I feel like they are making a mockery of the diagnosis :moo:

3. I converted to the LDS church 2 years ago. I obviously knew what sexual acts were against the word of God from my previous religion & the LDS missionaries. Also, I am now a Ward missionary (I assist the full time missionaries with their duties) and we have a book we are required to go by when teaching. So the explanation that whomever in that church in Mesa didn't explain that to her, is a crock. Every LDS church is the same, every where.

That is all. So nice to finally come out of hiding! :seeya:

Was he the same witness as...

I may have this wrong, but it seemed that during the trial, there was some guy (not Gus) they brought on the stand and then he left and there was some confusion or something with him and they told him to be on standby or something and they told him he may be called back or deposed or something like that. Then we never heard from him again. Wondering if this was the same guy or was that another witness.

I may just be confused too as it was awhile back and I cant remember much about this guy except we saw him 1 day and there was some sort of confusion about him and whether he would be called back or not.

Or maybe I saw him on TV talking about him maybe being called to testify and he could not answer question on TV or something.

No. That guy was a friend of TA's who was attending trial (on the family side). He had shared a video he had of he and TA at a shooting range on MST. The DT asked that he leave the proceedings as there was a possibility that he would be called as a witness. He was never called back.

moo

It wouldn't be allowed for JM to go like: and then she stabbed him 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, for a 7th time, 8, 9, 10 ...28 times, defendant then proceeded to slash Travis throat, before shooting him in the head.

I can imagine it would be hard for the family to hear but I don't think enough emphasis has been put on how brutally JA took another person's life.

HLN is goring to be re-playing the opening statements again.

Starts a 1:00 PM Eastern. So, in 45 minutes.

Awesome!

Personally, I would have no problem if she were sentenced to LWOP. It's cheaper for the state, and living in an 8x10 box for the rest of her life would be justice for me.

Just wanted to say hi all, i've been lurking for about a month :fence:

Three things that have weighed heavy on me:

1. If I were a juror on this case, I would be highly offended by the 'grasping at straws' going ons by the DT. They might as well just tell the jury they think they're dense.

2. The diagnosis of PTSD is a disgrace to anyone who has truly ever been through a trauma & was unfortunate enough to suffer PTSD. I was diagnosed with PTSD after a brain injury (TBI) and I feel like they are making a mockery of the diagnosis :moo:

3. I converted to the LDS church 2 years ago. I obviously knew what sexual acts were against the word of God from my previous religion & the LDS missionaries. Also, I am now a Ward missionary (I assist the full time missionaries with their duties) and we have a book we are required to go by when teaching. So the explanation that whomever in that church in Mesa didn't explain that to her, is a crock. Every LDS church is the same, every where.

That is all. So nice to finally come out of hiding! :seeya:

:welcome4:

Great first post! Thanks for registering!

Wow, I always thought that this was a few months earlier, like in November or December of 2007. I thought that was what Lisa said in her testimony.

How did you find this link? The reason I'm asking is I wonder when/if more of her journal pages will be released to the general public.

There was more than one incidence of tire slashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV