State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh:

I love the part where Juan says to him as he's shaking his head: "No sir, it doesn't work that way." :floorlaugh:

I also liked "Nothing here is to make the prosecutor happy"

This was put on the Court Docket today:

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/27/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 4/29/2013
NOTE: NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL TESTIMONY RE: SURREBUTTAL WITNESS

Is this where the Defense is going to try to introduce the "heat of passion" defense?

It appears Johhny Come Lately is revising even his own report and depo he likely already gave to Juan Martinez. The defense knows Samuels was nailed to the wall for going to see Jodi, coming up with new opinions, AFTER his report and AFTER his depo with JM, so they are likely trying to file his 4.0 version.

Juan Martinez has been doing this for twenty five years. He has seen it all. It would take a lot more than the likes of Nurmi and Jennifer to get anything by him. I refuse to watch the doctor's testimony when Jennifer takes a day to read his voluminous CV, but boy oh boy am I looking forward to the street sweeper on the court house steps as Juan Martinez kicks this longtime buddy of ALV to the curb. The cross exam I will watch. With popcorn.

I am so up tight about the out come of the trail after keeping up with Casey A.
for three years and she got off I don't see how JA can get off but I feel feel up tight about it
and hope she gets what's coming to her.

:wave:

Time to move over to a new thread folks! This thread will close in 15 minutes. Please continue the discussion here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9325974#post9325974"]State rests rebuttal case- thread #165 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Madeleine-

In places like Pakistan and very many places in the world, murderers like JA would never have received a trial at all, or if she did, it would have been a pro forma trial with the verdict and death sentence predetermined. I don't think anyone is saying they would prefer that kind of street justice.

JA is getting her many days in court, all 2 million dollars worth, and at great emotional expense to Travis' family. As angry as I've been many times during the trial, I feel extremely fortunate to live in a country that affords basic rights to even the lowest of the low such as JA. She deserves a trial and she is getting it.

She also richly deserves whatever punishment the jury decides to give her, IMO, and I am happy that one of those options is a DP that will deprive her of very much, and then of it all. A legal verdict of DP is not revenge. It is American justice.

An interesting site. The latest post is called 'JEALOUSY IN THE COURTROOM: Color them GREEN'

http://lindapariscrimeblog.com/?p=428

thanks for the link...love it! The descriptions of the defense attorneys were right on and hysterically funny. I am not going to post them here as I don't want to take any chances of sitting on the sidelines. But I would urge everyone to take a look see!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Of course. Many of us do have loved ones who were murdered. I'm talking about this particular case of Travis Alexander. We cannot feel the kind of pain that Travis' family feels for him.

Not talking in general. :)

Those of us, myself included in this category, have been victims before. I can empathize with the family, because my family walked in their shoes, somewhat. Yes, I am alive and well right now, but many years ago my family almost lost me. We all have links to this trial, whether it if from our own life experiences, someone we know, or just the our own emotions have drawn us to this case.

It appears Johhny Come Lately is revising even his own report and depo he likely already gave to Juan Martinez. The defense knows Samuels was nailed to the wall for going to see Jodi, coming up with new opinions, AFTER his report and AFTER his depo with JM, so they are likely trying to file his 4.0 version.

Juan Martinez has been doing this for twenty five years. He has seen it all. It would take a lot more than the likes of Nurmi and Jennifer to get anything by him. I refuse to watch the doctor's testimony when Jennifer takes a day to read his voluminous CV, but boy oh boy am I looking forward to the street sweeper on the court house steps as Juan Martinez kicks this longtime buddy of ALV to the curb. The cross exam I will watch. With popcorn.

Ditto. I won't be watching JW drone on and on. I could care less what his qualifications are. He's defending what JA did (or will try to) and that's all I need to know about him. I'll tune in for Juan and jury questions, but that's it.

I'm hoping JM can thoroughly discredit this guy. No one who calls themselves a professional should ever be taking part in this dishonest garbage.

... DD ... DV ... ALV ... BPD ... JW ... JM ... LW ... NG ...

Seriously?!! Trying to translate acronym after acronym really slows down the reading process on these forums, and then you throw in a new one (with no previous reference) that needs more research and time to figure out. :banghead:

I am so up tight about the out come of the trail after keeping up with Casey A.
for three years and she got off I don't see how JA can get off but I feel feel up tight about it
and hope she gets what's coming to her.

I think many of us have CAPTSD (Casey Anthony Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).

I agree 100%. Everyone wants to put a mental health diagnosis other,bottom line she was a scorned,used woman. Travis just used her for sex. Like ,most of us have done or had done to us at one point in our lives. The difference is Arias had control, she felt Travis owed her something,not grasping the fact it was just sex. Ex Sex, a ton of people have done it,I have done it. I didn't become obsessed though, I knew what I was doing. I too agree that the sheriff deputy better make sure she is sedated on judgement day as I believe Arias is going to flip out, she really thinks she's gonna walk or get a lower sentence.

I have said this before and it is how I feel.

I think there should be an officer standing right next to her locked and loaded.

I'll be watching. I wish we all had access to the stun belt button!
zzzzzzz

Can you imagine the bidding on eBay if that went up for auction? One 5-second button press, bids starting at $50,000, eBay is swamped with bidders.....

"No, ma'am, only 5 seconds. Ma'am, let go of the button, ma'am... Let go, LET GO OF THE BUTTON!"

:floorlaugh:

I'm in for $75K. Just let me go shake the couch cushions......

Thank you Nali and tomato! It works! I'm watching it right now.

LOL

My boss just caught me watching that... she says, "What trial is that?"... I explained about Jodi... and what she did to Travis... my boss says, "Send me the link! I want to watch!"

LMAO

If JA was such a "Professional Photographer" why didn't she just take the memory card out of the camera? Makes NO sense.

She was in a hurry to clean up. The roommate would be coming home from work. She probably thought deleting photos on an SD card would be good enough. I personally had no idea information could be recovered from memory cards.

This was put on the Court Docket today:

Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
4/27/2013 NOT - Notice - Party (001) 4/29/2013
NOTE: NOTICE OF ADDITIONAL TESTIMONY RE: SURREBUTTAL WITNESS

Is this where the Defense is going to try to introduce the "heat of passion" defense?

Here we go already with the DT. So much for wishful thinking they would only take 1 day.

I knew it. We'll be lucky if they dont go all week long.

And I hope during closing, Juan literally acts out the stabbing one by one until he reaches 29 stabs. If he takes a plastic knife and stabs it at a crash dummy and literally counts out loud up to 29, it would have a dramatic impact on the jury.

29 stab wounds is an incredible number of stab wounds. Acting that out for the jury will be shocking to them.

I would prefer to see a reenactment using a body cast made up of ballistics gel with a skeleton and organs and "blood" (head & torso) like they use in Spike TV's "Deadliest Warrior" or Discovery Channel's "Mythbusters" in order to get a realistic representation of the force and time required to recreate the attack on Travis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV