State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, I've been intrigued by crime stories since I was a teen. But, the first cases I remember following online were Petersen EAST and the Westerfield trial. And I've followed all of the big ones since.

The fact of the matter is...we as a society celebrate the 'Womens Movement' all the while living a double standard.

If JA were a man, this case would have been long over.

I love JM, but I'm not sure it matters what he hammers home and what he has proven. (and IMO he's proved premeditated Murder 1), I don't expect her to be given death. I'm not even sure they are going to convict her.

I remember the Pinellas 12.

JMO

For some reason, I think the 100% question was meant to be snarky towards JW's questioning when she was making remarks about the Dr. doing research, etc. When he sees the victims they are all deceased. He does not deal with examining gunshot victims that are still living.

I hope so. I thought it was something different.

I thought they were referring to the issue of incapacitation. He said that in his experience, those kinds of wounds are immediately incapacitating. And so the Q is asked, aren't 100% of your cases with dead people. Which would mean that he would not see the people that were NOT incapacitated with those types of wounds.

I think the gun first scenario might still be in play. But I HOPE that Juan makes it clear that either way, it was NOT SELF DEFENSE.

The DT sure takes offense whenever the subject of "lying" is mentioned with regard to their client. Do they really think that Jodi doesn't lie? :rolleyes:

I love my husband but am LIVID with him right now!! I've been away helping him with a presentation that he just HAD to have my attention on tonight and I've come back to see that they are STILL going? Omg, I missed so much!

Remember~ there is no "secondary gain" for the ME.
No $350 an hour, no book to sell, no institute to fund.
He is an medical doctor.
He is honorable. He made a typo. He did not LIE.

I have never seen so many approaches in my YEARS of following trials. Good. freakin'. grief.

Wilmott makea a big deal of a typo, but it was OK for the defense team to omit information and give incorrect information to Dr. G

I can't even follow this even though JM is up!!! How in the HELL is the jury doing this????

BTW...this is past Jodi's bedtime. LMAO!

Being a "single mom" while my husband is deployed is hard enough, doing all of my daily things AND having court go this late is INSANITY!!! :scared:

Well, if I were a juror, and I am a layperson, I would just think, okay. He was busy examining the brain that was like pudding along with the bullet and the entrance wound. Obviously, there was a penetration of the dura matter. To me, this does not negate the fact that TA's brain was traumatized and the victim was incapacitated, especially after hearing the ME's testimony of the substantial damage to the brain.

If I enter the jury room to deliberate my first question regarding this incapacitated issue would be who has had a sinus headache or infection and who honestly thinks you could be mobile after such a trauma, mobile enough to chase someone around the bathroom/closet bedroom?

Someone please remind me again :why is this psych evaluation so important ?

I am sick over that typo.

I am watching HLN so its delayed.

What was the typo? In tact?

Didn't he show a picture of the brain? Was it sitting in the skull cavity? If so it should show it pierced the dura matter.

The typo is not going to save JA. In the end like the Judge has ruled it doesn't matter which came first it is still considered 'cruel' by judicial standards.

IMO

This has to be the easiest 250 bucks an hour Nurmi has ever made in his life. He lounges on that chair, does nothing else. WOW talk about being overpaid.

I despise JW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members