State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, the ME only sees deceased people so 100% of frontal lobe gun shot wounds Dr. Horn sees are deceased....IMO was a smart a$$ juror asking an age old joke.

I believe that question shows that at least one juror/alternate is not buying the ME's testimony that the gunshot wound was necessarily immediately incapacitating.

Hey guys, excuse me if this has been asked and answered but.............

Has the ME's report been shown on the screen in court - and in particular that portion with the wording about "intact" - IE, if not how did the juror know to ask that question? I did have to miss trial twice due to my stupid eyes, but I don't recall his report being shown page by page - seems only photos were shown during his testimony. Anyone know?????
I don't think the report was shown, but JW elicited the testimony from Dr. G that the ME report stated the dura mater was intact. He stated that if that were true, then the bullet did not enter the frontal lobe because the dura mater is between the skull bone and brain. I think the pictures of the interior of Travis' skull will prove that there is no way the bullet went through the skull and traveled around to exit out the skull into the sinus without entering the frontal lobe. The dura mater lies next to the skull on the inside. It is possible that a low caliber bullet could penetrate the skin, hit bone, and travel around the bone (on the outside of the bone) to possibly end up in sinus (never going inside the skull), but the photos apparently show a lot of damage inside the skull. The bullet had to have entered the brain as Dr. Horn stated "using simple geometry". I believe the jurors will figure out it was just a clerical error on the report. JMO

uror question: "Is it possible that an individual could score very differently after a traumatic event, such as killing another person, as opposed to prior to the event?:

What did this question mean?

To me it means we know Jodi is a little cray cray now, but is it possible she wasn't cray cray before she stabbed him 29 times and slit his throat? :banghead::banghead:

Juror question: "How do you feel events such as incarceration, public accusation, and invasion of privacy on a large scale can effect tests such as the MMPI or MCMI?"

This juror worries me soooo much!

Not if they have studied Jodi throughout the trial. Crying on que, hiding behind her hair, seeing her pretty pictures when she posing, seeing her slip mainly that's obvious, I think it could be they realize she has no inner core. Or maybe she has two? hmmm jmo

When I heard this question, I thought to myself "This juror doesn't believe the diagnosis is from Travis Trauma, but from being in jail and being hated".

I took it as a good thing - as in they are trying to say the anxiety she has is because of the backlash/punishment she's received.

Jodi even said normally she sleeps great but jail is so noisy ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I heard this question, I thought to myself "This juror doesn't believe the diagnosis is from Travis Trauma, but from being in jail and being hated".

I took it as a good thing - as in they are trying to say the anxiety she has is because of the backlash/punishment she's received.

I did too. I thought they met she acquired all these symptoms while being in jail. There is really nothing else left beforehand that the DT put out there to show that she had any kinds of issues before killing Travus. Even if they would have put her parents interrogation tapes out there, they could at least let them know that she did have something funky going on in her brain beforehand, but they didn't.

IMO the question means that all the people (bot dead not alive) that Dr. Horn examined with a gunshot throught the frontal lobe, were dead already or still alive when shot.

I smell a Mensa juror.

Ok, huh?

Juror question: "Would you agree that 100% of the people you have seen with frontal lobe trauma are deceased at the time of your examination?"

What is this juror's point??? He is a medical examiner.

You guys remember that one movie with Edward Norton where his character had murdered a priest, and I think Richard Geer's character fell for the murder's act? Hope that doesn't happen in this case.

I had to do that today. My Jubilee had a stroke and would never recover. Hard day for me. Sorry for the OT.

So sorry, mck16. :(

petsympathy.jpg

This is strange. True that there is no way a bullet could have penetrated the slightest amount of brain tissue if the dura mater remained intact. Either this is true and injury was more of a concussive type or the autopsy report was incorrectly transcribed and the error not noticed. I have read a significant number of medical reports (not autopsies) and surgical reports and often find wording that could not be accurate and is never caught by the doctor who signs the report. Sloppy work or just overworked.

When JW questioned Dr Geffner today, she mentioned this being said in the ME's report, to the tune of (I'm paraphrasing): "if the dura(whatever you call it) was intact, does that tell you the bullet did not enter the brain?"

Geffner said for the bullet to enter the brain/frontal lobe, it would have had to pass through this membrane/covering, therefore it would not be intact. (Sorry, I am blanking on the word.)

A juror was paying attention and asked the ME about it. Basically, Wilmott and Geffner were correct.
And so was Dr. Horn, he admitted it was a report error, the Dura Mater was pierced. It was an error in transcription, a minor one, should not affect the case!

IMO ~ Would the scores be the same before and after the killing?

uror question: "Is it possible that an individual could score very differently after a traumatic event, such as killing another person, as opposed to prior to the event?:

What did this question mean?

Dr. Geffen and JW discussed it during his testimony. He said there is no way the brain had any damage if the dura mater was intact as was reported by the ME.

Thank you newsjunkie - I must have missed that on a coffee run or stream freeze. So that is how the juror knew! I needed that answer to sleep tonight! LOL I will dream because Dr. S got three different scores, which is far worse than a typo - that the doctor genuinely looked shocked and embarrassed of, but showed the class to own it instead of try to babble out of it!
A_News_Junkie (not to be confused with newsjunkie! <------- okay, I have wanted to type that for so long now - so I did! LOL :seeya:)

JMO
Watching Juan question the 1st witness from today, and I have to say IMO that Juan gets too excited at times and his questions are confusing the way he asks them. He is so excited he is jarbling his own words.

Wish he would calm down a little and he would be less confusing. I think he knows where he is going but gets ahead of himself and confuses everyone.

Need to keep watching. Im sure he will get better.

I haven't seen it yet, but I hope he answered, "I'd agree that at leave 97% of the people with frontal lobe gunshot wounds were deceased shortly after the bullet hit their brains."

Wishful thinking on your part.

He actually testified that the gunshot wound was almost certainly _not_ immediately incapacitating, directly contradicting the ME's testimony.

This is strange. True that there is no way a bullet could have penetrated the slightest amount of brain tissue if the dura mater remained intact. Either this is true and injury was more of a concussive type or the autopsy report was incorrectly transcribed and the error not noticed. I have read a significant number of medical reports (not autopsies) and surgical reports and often find wording that could not be accurate and is never caught by the doctor who signs the report. Sloppy work or just overworked.
This is all it is!!! Calm down people, this is NOTHING!!! No Perry Mason moment, as was alluded to in the last thread that got locked before I could respond.

IMO, the ME only sees deceased people so 100% of frontal lobe gun shot wounds Dr. Horn sees are deceased....IMO was a smart a$$ juror asking an age old joke.

the juror is saying: this guy deals exclusively in dead bodies, he can't tell us what kind of damage a bullet would do to a living person.

it confirms someone is buying arias' version of events.

You guys remember that one movie with Edward Norton where his character had murdered a priest, and I think Richard Geer's character fell for the murder's act? Hope that doesn't happen in this case.

That movie was called Primal Fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member