State v. Bradley Cooper 03/16/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That means Brad described the clothing found with the body before LE even mentioned how the body was clothed.

ESP - I don't think so...amazing

And remember Brad said he DIDN'T see Nancy leave the house that day, he only heard the door slam shut, as he was upstairs.

Same article explains that Heider took Brad to Heathoer's house - then left to go stay with Scott. Followed by a unmarked car. Brad entered the house stayed a bit and then went with Scott to Scotts house...so yea, he went to visit Hether.

This doesn't make sense conversationally:

Det: BC, we located NC's body.
BC: (rubbing and clutching hair, groaning): NC wore a red/black sports bra.

I may have to go to court tomorrow...I can't stand this trial blackout B.S.

Oh well his defense will claim that whoever "abducted" Nancy obviously removed her Tshirt, along with her shorts, shoes, and socks and took them somewhere where they were never found.

All I can say is that does not even come close to explaining why Brad only mentioned a sports bra when being told a body had been found and before LE told him how the body was clothed. How would Brad know there was nothing else - other than the obvious ?

We're not getting the flow of convo between the detectives and BC. We're getting snippets of things said or overheard or actions, but nothing is in a linear fashion.

So if I read the article right... BC mentioned that NC wore a red/black sports bra when running even before the police mentioned that was all they found on her body???? :banghead:

This might explain why Detective Dismukes thought Brad's reaction to being told about finding a body bothered him (Dismukes):

http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/03/16/1057820/cary-officer-brad-cooper-seemed.html#ixzz1GmzpSV5A

He rubbed his forehead with his right hand and held his head with his left hand as he told detectives Nancy Cooper, his wife of almost eight years, usually wore a red and black sports bra when she went out for runs.
He stopped talking after that and never mentioned any other clothes.

Detectives had not told him that the woman's body found near a drainage ditch in an unfinished Wake County subdivision was clad in nothing more than a sports bra pushed up under her arms.

Maybe Brad should just walk over to the deputy and put handcuffs on himself, and surrender.

But that wouldn't be any fun.

I had an appt. today, earlier. Just spent forever catching up to this page, and now there's no way to find out what's going on in the courtroom (as of now).

I'm taking a nap then.

This doesn't make sense conversationally:

Det: BC, we located NC's body.
BC: (rubbing and clutching hair, groaning): NC wore a red/black sports bra.

I think he probably had something rehearsed and that came out too soon.

Well, was she wearing the red/black one... or just a sport's bra?

wral Receipts: Brad at Harris Teeter at 6:25am, July 12, buying milk. Went back at 6:44am, got Green Machine (juice smoothie) & Tide #coopertrial about 1 minute ago · reply

How would Brad know there was nothing else - other than the obvious ?

The article doesn't say he said "there was nothing else," the article says "He stopped talking after that and never mentioned any other clothes." Based on the article it's not clear if Brad just went mute at that point. I'd need to hear or see the full context of the detective's testimony around that statement.

Just got back from running errands... I try not to do mine @ 6AM :)

While I was out driving around, I have been pondering the testimony about the ducks and "decorative sticks" (decorative sticks...sounds dumb to me, but I'm a guy, what do I know?)

The autopsy indicated "linear marks" high on NC's throat. Could the attack have happened in the foyer, perhaps as soon as she entered? Could the stick have been used to throttle her from behind? Are the sticks strong enough to be used in this manner? BC's hand wound, missing ducks (and sticks?) red marks on the back of the neck could all be explained by this happening.

I am not sure how tall BC is, but I can envision him behind her, and she reaching behind to scratch his neck. Perhaps biting his hand too....

The linear marks look a little ill-defined on the diagram. Perhaps insect activity or more of an abrasion (from a stick perhaps?)

The article doesn't say he said "there was nothing else," the article says "He stopped talking after that and never mentioned any other clothes." Based on the article it's not clear if Brad just went mute at that point. I'd need to hear or see the full context of the detective's testimony around that statement.

I can well imagine the sudden, dawning realization that he screwed up with that remark.

Some new stuff in the WRAL updated article today:

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/story/9277884/

Dismukes said Brad Cooper also told him that Nancy Cooper's membership card had been swiped at her gym, Life Time Fitness, at 2:45 p.m. The detective later found out that an employee had entered her name to see if she checked in, which registered as a check-in but was generated by him inquiring.

"Nancy's membership card had not been swiped," he said, adding later that investigators found the card in a top chest of drawers in her bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3