State v Bradley Cooper 04/01/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a family of 4. I have two boys 10 and 7. Believe me it’s a nice living... especially around here.

Okay, I keep getting on this point, and I should let it go. So I will stop after this post.

I agree, you can live very nicely on $135K with a family of 4 in the Raleigh area.

However, do you have original, high value oil paintings in your home? Do your children go to the BEST (and no, not just christian) private schools in the area? Do you and your family only drive luxury cars? Do you go to lunches and dinners several times a week at nice, non-chain restaurants? Do you by $4 coffee daily? Do you only dress your children in designer clothes? Do you participate in expensive activities, such as iron man competitions?

If you actually do all of that, $135K isn't going to cut it.

Then it’s a sad state in our country that we can send someone to prison for life with hearsay and I know he did it from friends of victims... I am sorry but that is ALL we have heard thus far… and that petrifies me.

So true!

Okay, I keep getting on this point, and I should let it go. So I will stop after this post.

I agree, you can live very nicely on $135K with a family of 4 in the Raleigh area.

However, do you have original, high value oil paintings in your home? Do your children go to the BEST (and no, not just christian) private schools in the area? Do you and your family only drive luxury cars? Do you go to lunches and dinners several times a week at nice, non-chain restaurants? Do you by $4 coffee daily? Do you only dress your children in designer clothes? Do you participate in expensive activities, such as iron man competitions?

If you actually do all of that, $135K isn't going to cut it.

LOL ok I do much of that... no to the paintings... yes to the cars... no to the schools ...yes to the coffe and dinners... no to the iron man ...im just saying they spent a ton of money and its more than that house or the cars... Oh and my kids are in magnet schools and I dont have to pay a cent extra :)

Hey you know what ... that made me think ... all these friends that she confided in... How come none of them asked her to move in with them? That was an option... at least until they could work out the separation ..right? That’s what my ex and I did...

Ovechkin,

with all due respect, you are stating things that have already been testified to, under oath. Just yesterday, one of her friends, I think it was HP, testified that she offered for NC to stay in her home.

Your previous posts linking to the affidavit of the person who claimed to have seen NC running on the morning of her disappearance is really old news, and has been repeatedly discussed on here since 2008. I posted about it yesterday in that this person is being misquoted as claiming that CPD never conducted a follow-up with her, which even according to her affidavit is not the case. They spoke with her on the phone, but did not pay her a personal visit, which some have misconstrued as not following up on the tip.

I welcome your input, but please spend some time reading up on the previous threads and/or watch the videos of the trial. It will make your comments more on target and you will be fully apprised of the testimony.

I saw the testimony from the CPD officer this morning about seeing straw on the rug at the entrance of the house.

He testified that he had been to the crime scene that morning and did not get out of his patrol car, but noted that there was "hay or straw" along the shoulder of the road.

This is not uncommon to spread over areas when grass is seeded. We have not seen the straw that the officer saw on the rug yet, but I would like to know how fresh it was. This was JULY... in North Carolina the most common grass is Fescue. It is a cool season grass and should be seeded in the very early Spring or Fall, not in the heat of Summer. This makes it unlikely that any home in the neighborhood had recently seeded their lawn and applied straw.

If the relative decomposition of the straw matches the straw in the dump area, this is a pretty good piece of evidence.

Ovechkin,

with all due respect, you are stating things that have already been testified to, under oath. Just yesterday, one of her friends, I think it was HP, testified that she offered for NC to stay in her home.

Your previous posts linking to the affidavit of the person who claimed to have seen NC running on the morning of her disappearance is really old news, and has been repeatedly discussed on here since 2008. I posted about it yesterday in that this person is being misquoted as claiming that CPD never conducted a follow-up with her, which even according to her affidavit is not the case. They spoke with her on the phone, but did not pay her a personal visit, which some have misconstrued as not following up on the tip.

I welcome your input, but please spend some time reading up on the previous threads and/or watch the videos of the trial. It will make your comments more on target and you will be fully apprised of the testimony.

Oh sir... she clearly states the CPD did NOT follow up with her... That person never claims she was misquoted... I will find the darn thing I am going out in a few but if I don’t get it with in the day I will definitely get in on Monday I have it saved at work. Both of them will be used by the defense. You can go find it yourself If you can’t wait…its there… but I am going out now and try and relax and forget this stress… There is no reason to attack me people I am just trying to stay objective. Have a nice night.

I saw the testimony from the CPD officer this morning about seeing straw on the rug at the entrance of the house.

He testified that he had been to the crime scene that morning and did not get out of his patrol car, but noted that there was "hay or straw" along the shoulder of the road.

This is not uncommon to spread over areas when grass is seeded. We have not seen the straw that the officer saw on the rug yet, but I would like to know how fresh it was. This was JULY... in North Carolina the most common grass is Fescue. It is a cool season grass and should be seeded in the very early Spring or Fall, not in the heat of Summer. This makes it unlikely that any home in the neighborhood had recently seeded their lawn and applied straw.

If the relative decomposition of the straw matches the straw in the dump area, this is a pretty good piece of evidence.

Found 5 days later after CDP officers where seen IN PICTURES not wearing booties on their shoes and holding food and open coke can when you are NEVER supposed to do either in the supposed crime scene...

Cyberpro,

Most of the allegations and evidence in this case are old news, because the case is pretty old news. Beyond the theoretical impeachment of the eyewitness on the ground that eyewitness testimony is often unreliable, I haven't heard other reasons why this witness wouldn't be important if she is called to testify. If her account has been debunked for a reason other than it is simply inconsistent with the state's case, it would be great to know that.

I see that testimony as something the defense has coming after the state rests. If she has recanted or if something has happened to indicate she won't be a witness, that would be new to me (granted I repeat I'm not up on all facts, allegations, etc.).

There may be computer based evidence coming so overwhelming that everyone must conclude the woman must have been mistaken about what she saw, but if not, why discount her testimony now, before she has otherwise been shown to be unreliable (unless she has and I missed it). From what I've seen, this is still an open issue.

eta here is the aff i read: http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/10/15/3744323/20081015142722449.pdf

LOL ok I do much of that... no to the paintings... yes to the cars... no to the schools ...yes to the coffe and dinners... no to the iron man ...im just saying they spent a ton of money and its more than that house or the cars... Oh and my kids are in magnet schools and I dont have to pay a cent extra :)

LOL, I think we actually think quite alike in regards this case, we just got off on a salary tangent. Well off to the Monster Truck Show with the family, have a great night!

Cyberpro,

Most of the allegations and evidence in this case are old news, because the case is pretty old news. Beyond the theoretical impeachment of the eyewitness on the ground that eyewitness testimony is often unreliable, I haven't heard other reasons why this witness wouldn't be important if she is called to testify. If her account has been debunked for a reason other than it is simply inconsistent with the state's case, it would be great to know that.

I see that testimony as something the defense has coming after the state rests. If she has recanted or if something has happened to indicate she won't be a witness, that would be new to me (granted I repeat I'm not up on all facts, allegations, etc.).

There may be computer based evidence coming so overwhelming that everyone must conclude the woman must have been mistaken about what she saw, but if not, why discount her testimony now, before she has otherwise been shown to be unreliable (unless she has and I missed it). From what I've seen, this is still an open issue.

Gritguy,

Firstly, I tip my hat to you as you have related that you have courtroom experience. I freely admit that I have none other than serving on a jury at one point some years ago.

For the record counsler (:innocent:) I agree that the evidence is old. The point I am making is that there have been repeated comments from several people that this witness was not interviewed by the CPD, and point to this as Primae Facie evidence that they did not conduct a complete investigation.

When you read the affidavit, it says that she placed the call, maybe more than once, and the CPD called back. They seemingly had some difficulty connecting with each other, but at some point she did speak with someone at the CPD about her report. According to the affidavit, they did not send anyone to interview her in person, and that has been taken as the CPD not following up with her on the statement. They did follow-up, and for some reason did not feel that an in-person interview was required, I don't know why.

All that is needed (and this is not intended to anyone in particular) is to read the entire content of the affidavit and see by her own words that CPD got the information from her. She just stated that they did not send anyone out to talk with her. This has been taken, largely out of context, as CPD not conducting a complete investigation, and stated as fact.

My only reason for responding like that was it is misrepresenting the facts.

Cyberpro,

I see your point. I have no idea either on the reasons for decisions of CPD on this witness. I do not conclude that they blundered, since I don't know the whole story, but if she is to be called as a witness now unfortunately for the state the defense likely will have spent a lot more time with her than the state.

I take nothing from CPD's approach to her. I just take her testimony itself - if it is presented at the trial - as a stumbling block that is potentially large. Is it large enough to cast a shadow? I have no idea.

No matter our professions it's just down to the evidence now - and the narratives that the evidence supports.

With all the different ways people have seen it so far, it's probably a very solid rule that the jury must not discuss the case til all the evidence is in!!

Found 5 days later after CDP officers where seen IN PICTURES not wearing booties on their shoes and holding food and open coke can when you are NEVER supposed to do either in the supposed crime scene...

The officers were responding to a missing persons case. The officer this morning was there to provide security for the house, and later asked to enter the home by consent while a search warrant was prepared. He was allowed to enter the house, and saw the straw before he stepped into the house.

Again, they do not generally wear booties when investigating a missing person, and this officer visited the house, and observed the straw before a search warrant was drawn. After the warrant was served, THEN they should be wearing booties during the search. So, if your timeline is correct, they were finding the straw, without wearing booties 5 days before the search warrant was served? I am confused over how you draw that timeline since the testimony was that the officer entered the home by consent and observed the straw before he entered the home for the first time.

Yes, I know he was not the first of the CPD to enter the home, and many other people likely went in as well, but has there been any testimony that anyone who entered the home were also at the dump site?

Gritguy,

Firstly, I tip my hat to you as you have related that you have courtroom experience. I freely admit that I have none other than serving on a jury at one point some years ago.

For the record counsler (:innocent:) I agree that the evidence is old. The point I am making is that there have been repeated comments from several people that this witness was not interviewed by the CPD, and point to this as Primae Face evidence that they did not conduct a complete investigation.

When you read the affidavit, it says that she placed the call, maybe more than once, and the CPD called back. They seemingly had some difficulty connecting with each other, but at some point she did speak with someone at the CPD about her report. According to the affidavit, they did not send anyone to interview her in person, and that has been taken as the CPD not following up with her on the statement. They did follow-up, and for some reason did not feel that an in-person interview was required, I don't know why.

All that is needed (and this is not intended to anyone in particular) is to read the entire content of the affidavit and see by her own words that CPD got the information from her. She just stated that they did not send anyone out to talk with her. This has been taken, largely out of context, as CPD not conducting a complete investigation, and stated as fact.

My only reason for responding like that was it is misrepresenting the facts.

Not misrepresenting anything... She clearly states since THEY did not talk to her ...her exact words were after NO contact in 3 months she left message for Kurtz and Blum...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1986023/Nancy-Cooper-Rosemary-Zednick-affidavitpdf

So there.. I am going out now to relieve this stress this has caused me! lol

Not misrepresenting anything... She clearly states since THEY did not talk to her ...her exact words were after NO contact in 3 months she left message for Kurtz and Blum...

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1986023/Nancy-Cooper-Rosemary-Zednick-affidavitpdf

So there.. I am going out now to relieve this stress this has caused me! lol

Point 14 in your own link says she finally talked with someone at the CPD after several back and forth messages.
She stated she gave her statement by phone. They did not contact her face to face--took her statement by phone.

Ovechkin,

Here affidavit says they never contacted her to get details about what she saw. Has nothing to do with a personal visit. No interview to see if her statement was credible.

Here affidavit says they never contacted her to get details about what she saw. Has nothing to do with a personal visit. No interview to see if her statement was credible.

From the affidavit point 14. "... I finally spoke with someone." indicating a call to CPD. "To date, no one has paid a visit..."

OK, so, she told her story to CPD 3 times, and someone spoke with her. What else would be required to satisfy her that they knew what she had to offer?

With the cost of living around here... that is easy life... at least I make a nice easy life with it. I moved here from Virginia in 2005 where you can’t buy a town house for less than 900k... ugh... fine hang him. Why can’t anyone on here say anything that is NOT pro HANG HIM NOW? I am no saying he is innocent... but last I checked it was Innocent until proven guilty... Someone tell me one piece of hard evidence that the prosecution has presented... Please help me believe already so I can join the hang him now before we ever hear the defense evidence or witnesses.

Don't let it get to you. I have a huge "ignore" list. Did you know you could do that here?

I still post here even though most disagree with me. I actually go even a step further than the "not enough evidence" camp because I think he is innocent.

I don't expect to see a smoking gun in this case. We'll just have to see how it all turns out.

From the affidavit point 14. "... I finally spoke with someone." indicating a call to CPD. "To date, no one has paid a visit..."

OK, so, she told her story to CPD 3 times, and someone spoke with her. What else would be required to satisfy her that they knew what she had to offer?

Maybe we should just give this a rest until we see if the defense puts her on the stand and let's hear directly from her. (hopefully we will)

Yes, I live in the area, and IN THAT SUBDIVISION!! I definitely know the area and drive the roads. You seem to have an issue with most anything anyone says, so I'm not even sure I should bother responding...probably won't again. Pretty silly exchange IMO. But one last thing...135k is hardly a 'ton' of money!!

I've looked at the map at it's pretty much a wash either way. Going down Lochmere Drive to Kildaire Farm Road would seem the quickest, but since they live near Cary Parkway it's actually a little shorter to take Tryon. I was surprised.

I don't live in Lochmere but I travel through there almost every day, sometimes twice a day! A friend who lives there says they're going to put up a toll for people like me who use it as a shortcut. :great:

Don't let it get to you. I have a huge "ignore" list. Did you know you could do that here?

I still post here even though most disagree with me. I actually go even a step further than the "not enough evidence" camp because I think he is innocent.

I don't expect to see a smoking gun in this case. We'll just have to see how it all turns out.

**Help Please*** About the 'ignore' list. Yesterday I tried to find out by reading the help boards how to place someone on ignore but couldn't find the info. Would you please fill me in? Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member