State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - this will be the best indicator of TOD - as long as the larval stage is less than 3 days - i.e. they couldn't fly away prior to NC's body being found.

Amster, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my precious golden girl last July (and am still grieving that loss).

Oh! Not me...Gracielee....but, I've lost 2 wonderful Goldens over the years. The pain never goes away. (((hugs))) for you, also.

This "Blow Fly" stuff is really well documented...They have a known life cycle..and this stuff has been accepted as scientifically accurate in all cases I have seen.....Again..I love this stuff:crazy:

It's difficult to listen to, even for me, but it's excellent scientific data.
This witness is our own Gil Grissom :)

Yes, entomology is fascinating. I had thought in this case the specimens collected were (for some reason and I don't want to speculate) unusable and only a couple were viable. I thought I read/heard he couldn't make a scientific determination based on the numbers available to him. Am I conjuring this up?

I've lost 2 wonderful Goldens over the years. The pain never goes away. (((hugs))) for you, also.

Thank you. Yes, you get it. Cancer claims this breed much too often. Absolutely heartbreaking; was inconsolable for months.

Yes, entomology is fascinating. I had thought in this case the specimens collected were (for some reason and I don't want to speculate) unusable and only a couple were viable. I thought I read/heard he couldn't make a scientific determination based on the numbers available to him. Am I conjuring this up?

That's what I thought too.

On a more positive note, it's nice to be wearing shorts today on this sunny day in NC.

I can only relate personal experience in moving a dead dog. Extremely large, 120 lb plus dog, was alive at lunch time, around 1:00 p.m. Was found deceased at 5:00 pm., inside the house. By the time we moved his body, it was around 8:00 pm. Did not notice any noticable rigor having set in yet. It was also summer time, dog was inside air-conditioned home the entire time. I sat in the back of and SUV, seats down, flat back of the vehicle, holding his head and upper torso in my arms while we were driven to the vets office. So I think I would have noticed, had it been difficult to manipulate his head, neck, upper torso, into my arms to cradle him as we drove. He was definitely deceased by no later than 5:00 pm. though. I was cradling him for *my* comfort, not his. :(

I'm so sorry, Gracielee. I know how much I still miss my first dog, and she died 10 years ago. I held her while she passed. My sweet husband couldn't even be in the room, he was such a wreck. Our pets truly are members of the family, aren't they?

Does anyone think the prosecutors are stalling for some reason? What else do they have? The phone and computer stuff, parts of the deposition, anything else? I wish they would get to it.

Oh! Not me...Gracielee....but, I've lost 2 wonderful Goldens over the years. The pain never goes away. (((hugs))) for you, also.

So true, group hugs here.

I was merely attempting to relay the lack of rigor after a minimum of 4 hours post death. :(

Does anyone think the prosecutors are stalling for some reason? What else do they have? The phone and computer stuff, parts of the deposition, anything else? I wish they would get to it.

If the state did NOT collect and present this evidence, the defense would be all over the fact they didn't collect/present enough evidence to prove their case, IMO.

If the state did NOT collect and present this evidence, the defense would be all over the fact they didn't collect/present enough evidence to prove their case, IMO.

But none of this is proving their case. In the end that's all that matters. Proving they collected stuff doesn't do anything to support their case against the defendant.

Agree - this will be the best indicator of TOD - as long as the larval stage is less than 3 days - i.e. they couldn't fly away prior to NC's body being found.

Wouldn't it be more likely to tell you time of body disposal versus time of death? I wonder if they can get granular enough to say 6:00 am versus 8:00 am.

I have never followed a case closely before. Is this typical...to present everything that was collected, regardless if it provides proof or not?

I agree. We lost our golden to cancer in the fall. It was heartbreaking.

So sorry for all the losses reported. :( Our boy was only 3 years old, an extemely large, block head chocolate lab. His death was sudden and inexplicable unfortunately. There at lunch time, gone by 5:00. He appeared to simply lay down and go to sleep. No vomit, no outward signs of anything. :( And no rigor yet 4 hours post death. If people are the same, I'd think Nancy wouldn't have had noticable rigor yet either. She only weighed about 15 pounds more than our dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bill1620