Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutors in Brad Cooper's murder trial have rested their case after 28 days of testimony. Defense begins Tuesday. #coopertrial

To this day, there are numerous people that refuse to admit Scott Peterson or even OJ is guilty. The same will hold true in this case when the guilty verdict is read, imo.

Once again, every case is different. The level of skepticism in this particular case is a strong hint that OJ is not in the court room. Neither is SP. I think both OJ and SP are guilty, but I'm not so sure about BC. That doesn't fit your mold.

Is this an issue, possible collusion or misrepresenting the real purpose of her questioning. It's clear that BC is not going to take the stand and they probably knew this from the get-go. Did the DA, CPD and AS work together to get as close to getting BC on the stand as possible?

Uhhh... let me think.... Uhhhh..... Yes, give that winner a prize.

True. But it does go both ways. The defense could present evidence that proves beyond a doubt that he did not kill her and there will still be those who will refuse to admit that he is innocent. Human nature.

Hmmm, haven't personally seen one of those cases...where the defense proves beyond a doubt their client is innocent, yet many people refuse to admit it. Can you reference one?

Cats seem to be a running theme in our commentary of this trial. I like it.

Yep, lib's mom, you got it! (You gotta have tomcats to get kittens...that's what my Mama done told me when I was in pigtails...)

Because it is the popular opinion and group mentality sets in. It's much harder to be on here with a skeptical view of the testimony than to simply jump on the he's guilty side.

I think Brad Cooper murdered Nancy Cooper.
I want to see all of the evidence/testimony presented by both sides.
I want Brad Cooper's attorneys to present the absolute best possible defense they can.

When it's all said and done, regardless of my thoughts about Brad Cooper, I want to know that he received a fair trial.

Hmmm, haven't personally seen one of those cases...where the defense proves beyond a doubt their client is innocent, yet many people refuse to admit it. Can you reference one?

Fortuneately in the good ole U S of A, its innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around. No defense attorney has ever had to "prove" their client innocent.

I hope he is monitoring his blood pressure, his face is red.

You're right, D-59 -- I really do think he is sick & probably running a fever -- he just doesn't sound or look good -- but what can he do?

Once again, every case is different. The level of skepticism in this particular case is a strong hint that OJ is not in the court room. Neither is SP. I think both OJ and SP are guilty, but I'm not so sure about BC. That doesn't fit your mold.

The SP and BC cases are very similar.
Both were committed by quiet, law abiding husbands in bad marriages.
Both performed internet searches of the body dump site in the days before the murder. Peterson is on death row.

Fortuneately in the good ole U S of A, its innocent until proven guilty. Not the other way around. No defense attorney has ever had to "prove" their client innocent.

Read MrsWendy's post I responded to.
She is the one that said "prove".

I agree with you 100%. I just wonder what other people think about the fact that DD testified, under oath, that they had not conferred.

I think DD did confer. If not him, someone did. I bet the questions went through someone else to her. If not, she would make a great prosecutor. And, her questions were repeated relentlessly. Now, I am not saying BC is innocent, but let Kurtz ask his questions and allow him the courtesy that was afforded the State while they went on ad nauseum. It is only fair.

You're right, D-59 -- I really do think he is sick & probably running a fever -- he just doesn't sound or look good -- but what can he do?

Well, I think it is his blood pressure. He has been red in the face before today. And, he has been mad before today. However the pressure is getting to him. I actually worry about him because he does get very emotionally upset.

I think Brad Cooper murdered Nancy Cooper.
I want to see all of the evidence/testimony presented by both sides.
I want Brad Cooper's attorneys to present the absolute best possible defense they can.

When it's all said and done, regardless of my thoughts about Brad Cooper, I want to know that he received a fair trial.

And you have also been very level-headed and rational in discussing the evidence of this trial. You also don't use smilies like this :floorlaugh: when referring to fence sitter comments.

:giggle:Glad I've kept my opinions to myself...You guys are fierce!! But I have thoroughly enjoyed all your opinions..

And the jury has been in and out like pop-tarts (TM Judge Belvin Perry.)

And yes, I know, all juries go in and out to some degree. I just wanted to use the line and give a shout out to JP.

Reminds me of 'Mama's got a squeeze box' 'in and out and in and out'. :great:

:woohoo:

While I understand the frustration that the judge and jury members are feeling that this case is taking way too long, I don't think it is fair to short change the defense team because of this when presenting their side. Afterall, this case is taking so long because the prosecution presented tons of useless information and wasted everyone's time.

It is now the defense's turn to present their case. I feel that they will be much more direct and to the point without providing tons of unnecessary information. They deserve the same right that the prosecution was given in presenting their case.

Is typing zipcode 27518 into the computer enough to conclude that Brad was planning where to put his wife?

Is typing zipcode 27518 into the computer enough to conclude that Brad was planning where to put his wife?

Apparently he was zooming in on the area where her body was found. Now, I personally would want to see images of that , date stamp, etc. Typing that in now gives a different image since the maps have changed. Again, just their word would not be good enough for me.

No, but zooming in on the dump site is. But again, if that is what happened, he already had that place picked out. Try putting your zip code in google maps and see how long it takes you to zoom in on your house. It took me 41 seconds (ironically) the first time. I got it down to about 18 seconds as my fastest time simply because I knew exactly where to click. The whole timing of that search doesn't make sense. What on earth could he accomplish at 41 seconds? And why only 41 seconds? The only rational thing for me, again...assuming the evidence is accurate, was remembering the street name or which turn off of Holly Springs Rd it was on. Nothing else would make sense in 41 seconds.
Even doing that seems like it would take longer than 41 seconds because you would first go to Holly Springs Rd (probably at Lilly Atkins) and trace it from there to Fielding and then down Fielding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member