State v Bradley Cooper 04-18-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is true that Brad Cooper Googled his zip code, the zoomed in on Fielding Drive the day before his dead wife went missing, it doesn't matter if it was 41 seconds or 5 minutes. Just because this is the first compelling evidence for many that he was planning her murder, doesn't mean he hadn't been thinking about it for some time. He was probably already familiar with that land as he and Nancy had looked at Toll Brothers homes in that neighborhood. So, to refresh his memory, all he had to do was zoom in to make sure his memory was correct of which street led to that cul-de-sac.

Guys, if you really think it's coincidental that Brad zoomed in on Fielding Drive and then Nancy was found there, you really do need a video of Brad committing the crime to convince you.

Hmmm, haven't personally seen one of those cases...where the defense proves beyond a doubt their client is innocent, yet many people refuse to admit it. Can you reference one?

I'm not referring to another case. I'm talking about this one. What I said is that the defense could come up with some hypothetical piece of evidence that proves he is innocent yet some people may still not believe that he is innocent.

You said that you think some people would not accept a guilty verdict in this case regardless of the evidence. I pointed out that it can go both ways.

Apparently he was zooming in on the area where her body was found. Now, I personally would want to see images of that , date stamp, etc. Typing that in now gives a different image since the maps have changed. Again, just their word would not be good enough for me.

The jury saw it right on that big overhead screen in the courtroom. Ask the folks who were there that day. It was visual, they showed it step by step, and from what I hear, it was extremely clear and compelling evidence. Including timestamps, pictures, each tile, and each zoom level.

Apparently he was zooming in on the area where her body was found. Now, I personally would want to see images of that , date stamp, etc. Typing that in now gives a different image since the maps have changed. Again, just their word would not be good enough for me.

I would want to see that too.

I'm not referring to another case. I'm talking about this one. What I said is that the defense could come up with some hypothetical piece of evidence that proves he is innocent yet some people may still not believe that he is innocent.

If the defense had some piece of evidence that proved his innocence he wouldn't be in jail right now, or on trial in this case. They certainly wouldn't sit on it waiting to spring it during the trial.

And you have also been very level-headed and rational in discussing the evidence of this trial. You also don't use smilies like this :floorlaugh: when referring to fence sitter comments.

Oh c'mon. I love the little funnies. They make me smile, LOL, belly laugh. I know some people have email programs that make these funny little people, but I don't. I love 'em here. Breaks the tension IMO.

:pillowfight2:

:skip:

:croc:

:cheer:

No, but zooming in on the dump site is. But again, if that is what happened, he already had that place picked out. Try putting your zip code in google maps and see how long it takes you to zoom in on your house. It took me 41 seconds (ironically) the first time. I got it down to about 18 seconds as my fastest time simply because I knew exactly where to click. The whole timing of that search doesn't make sense. What on earth could he accomplish at 41 seconds? And why only 41 seconds? The only rational thing for me, again...assuming the evidence is accurate, was remembering the street name or which turn off of Holly Springs Rd it was on. Nothing else would make sense in 41 seconds.
Even doing that seems like it would take longer than 41 seconds because you would first go to Holly Springs Rd (probably at Lilly Atkins) and trace it from there to Fielding and then down Fielding.

Interesting that it took you 41 seconds...I wonder if there is 'typical time' when doing a google search like you did kind of built into the program initially and then just as you did...you get better when you knew exactly what to do. Like an average search time .

The jury saw it right on that big overhead screen in the courtroom. Ask the folks who were there that day. It was visual, they showed it step by step, and from what I hear, it was extremely clear and compelling evidence. Including timestamps, pictures, each tile, and each zoom level.

Thanks Madeleine. I wasn't aware that they showed it, and I wasn't there. If they did show it that clearly, then the only thing Kurtz can hope is to show the timestamp was wrong, again not saying it is at all. Just saying that can be the only hope he has.

The state called 60 witnesses.
Kurtz has 227 names on his potential list.

The key word here is "potential". I don't think they will be calling all 227 witnesses - just the ones that may make the case a bit clearer. I don't anticipate them spending tons of useless time questioning witnesses on irrelevant information, like the prosection did. I see Kurtz and team being very direct and quick. I think watching the defenses's case will be a lot more interesting that the one the prosecution presented.

Star12 and FullDisclosure were there when they showed the google search in court. Ask them to recount their impressions and if that testimony and the evidence shown made an impact or not and their opinion of that evidence.

No, but zooming in on the dump site is. But again, if that is what happened, he already had that place picked out. Try putting your zip code in google maps and see how long it takes you to zoom in on your house. It took me 41 seconds (ironically) the first time. I got it down to about 18 seconds as my fastest time simply because I knew exactly where to click. The whole timing of that search doesn't make sense. What on earth could he accomplish at 41 seconds? And why only 41 seconds? The only rational thing for me, again...assuming the evidence is accurate, was remembering the street name or which turn off of Holly Springs Rd it was on. Nothing else would make sense in 41 seconds.
Even doing that seems like it would take longer than 41 seconds because you would first go to Holly Springs Rd (probably at Lilly Atkins) and trace it from there to Fielding and then down Fielding.

Right, if he quickly zoomed in to one small street, then he'd already picked the place, and there should be an earlier computer record of doing that same search. Were police not able to take a photograph of the screen zoomed in to the location? It seems a little vague to suggest that Brad looked at a map on his computer, but that evidence is not available so the jury needs to take the word of the analyst. I'm of the opinion that police have had a bias in their presentation of evidence ... going way back to the unmade bed and claiming that it did not look slept in. That was ridiculous ... as no conclusion could be drawn from the image. For police to say on the stand that they think Brad is guilty is not evidence, it's opinion. If police think their opinion has some place in testimony, then I think they're working with agenda rather than seeking the truth.

If it is true that Brad Cooper Googled his zip code, the zoomed in on Fielding Drive the day before his dead wife went missing, it doesn't matter if it was 41 seconds or 5 minutes. Just because this is the first compelling evidence for many that he was planning her murder, doesn't mean he hadn't been thinking about it for some time. He was probably already familiar with that land as he and Nancy had looked at Toll Brothers homes in that neighborhood. So, to refresh his memory, all he had to do was zoom in to make sure his memory was correct of which street led to that cul-de-sac.

Guys, if you really think it's coincidental that Brad zoomed in on Fielding Drive and then Nancy was found there, you really do need a video of Brad committing the crime to convince you.

Perhaps I missed the information, but did the jury actually see this zoomed in information, or were investigators only able to say that Brad accessed a map of the area and they just know he zoomed in so the jury needed to just believe them?

So it was possible to access the zoomed in info on Brad's computer?

Gotta love the backwards crawl. Several people said if there was a something on Cooper's computer (like showing he looked at the Fielding Dr area) they would believe he committed the murder beyond a reasonable doubt. Not only do they have him looking at that dump site, the FBI showed exactly how he did it (visually) and that it was done the day before the murder/body dump.

And now that this very evidence has been shown, Cooper's visit to it is simply not "long" enough because posters think it should have taken him longer :rolleyes:

Yep, only a timestamped video authenticated by the killer, showing the murder and dump itself will be convincing.

41 Seconds is a long time....just let the prosecution Stop and let 41 seconds tick off in silence in the summation.

So much of the presented evidence in the case comes down to seconds....in several phone calls, in reading a map.

Welcome back. It's frustrating being put on time-out...there were plenty of things I wanted to comment on that I simply couldn't. Not sure what you did to deserve it, but good to have you back on here.

Oh, and that search has pushed me to the guilty side. But I'm still interested in seeing what the defense has with regards to this. So I'm not 100% convinced yet, but will be if the defense can't adequately explain the search or prove that it was a result of tampering.

So the computer search was the moment everyone was waiting for? The point that cannot be refuted?

If the defense had some piece of evidence that proved his innocence he wouldn't be in jail right now, or on trial in this case. They certainly wouldn't sit on it waiting to spring it during the trial.

That's not necessarily true. He was arrested 3 months after the murder. If they have evidence of tampering, he would not have been let out of jail because the prosecution wouldn't have accepted it as real (and they probably wouldn't have presented it to the prosecution). There are often defense surprises that come out during the defense case. Take the "blow poke" in the Michael Peterson trial. That sure was a shock to the prosecution, and blew their murder weapon theory. Obviously he was still convicted, but it was a fascinating moment when it was revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member