State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking forward to hearing where this expert goes. I expect it will be much about nothing, but you never know. Its one thing for Brad's neighbors to have the ability to break into his wifi, but its quite another to demonstrate it happened. Breaking in and planting evidence would be a criminal offense. Also, the prosecution can call the neighbors in rebuttal and ask if they know how to, or have ever, broken into Brad's wifi. The neighbors who testified earlier weren't even asked by Kurtz about this though, so I think their theory is different than that.

I remember with the Peterson trial, I was part of the "he didn't do it" group. This was primarily because I watched a news magazine style TV show where one of the intended witnesses, a sweet old lady, was interviewed and showed the cameras the window in her home she looked out where she saw Laci walking by that morning, and commented on the "pretty girl with the beautiful dog" and that said she saw her often. This was compelling to me at the time.

Even after the prosecution rested, I still thought guilt wasn't proven. Then the defense made the situation worse for their client with awful witnesses. And then I find out that lady passed away before the trial started.

Once the defense closed, I re-evaluated. I came to the conclusion it was obvious he was guilty and I put too much emphasis on testimony from an eye witness who was well intentioned but mistaken (and who did not testify in any event).

My point here is, the defense needs to be very careful. They could do a lot damage to their chances if they bring out a lot of garbage witnesses. I'd go as far to say that they have to be more careful about this than the prosecution. For the prosecution, they had to be thorough and were accused of a bad investigation, so they had a lot to prove. For the defense, the same does not apply. They just need to shake some of the evidence and show reasonable doubt. Kurtz made a lot of promises in his opening and I think, for example, calling the CPD corrupt was a big mistake. He set the bar high in terms of what he said will prove, and is going to likely fall very short. He doesn't have to prove anything, but it sure would help his client if he does.

I'm all for a fair trial. I don't have a lot of faith in Kurtz though, he's had some great moments in cross examination, but he more than often has fallen flat in the videos I've watched. A lot of his objections were awful. Calling the judge out today took a lot of courage, I'll give him that, and he's giving it all, which you have to respect him for. I just think he's spending energy in the wrong areas a lot of the time.

I think that was the extent of it? If someone else was there, please correct me if I'm wrong. I think on cross they isolated maybe a dozen or so files that couldn't be explained by the FBI agent. Then on re-direct the prosecution got the witness to say that even though he didn't know what they were, or why they were changed, it was his expert opinion that they weren't indicative of tampering. He just couldn't point to why.

I really hope the defense brings this out--but I'm afraid we won't hear as much from their expert, because of the court's ruling today.

Yes, because he is not an expert.
Kurtz had >2 years to find someone with expert credentials. I suppose the $$$ was not enough to buy someone on the witness stand to lie for Brad Cooper

not since June 2007, and as far as I know no one has disputed that.

Didn't know he had quit riding or at least quit most of it by then. I will still believe based on my experience that he knew about fielding.

Again jrb0124, please lay off your preaching of the obvious.
I have not heard any Pros witness being caught in an intentional lie...have you?

Don't worry - the jury will see this as a BFO (Blinding Flash of the Obvious) - the neighbors had no reason to murder Nancy and then cover it up, nor do they have a reason to risk perjury charges to frame up Brad, no do they profit or gain from a conspiracy - and last I checked, most of them were stay-at-home moms who I'm sure don't have the technical skills to pull off a hacking, a murder, and a conspiracy without leaving some trace to their own computer.

I know I post and seems noone listens but this is my thought process. It is totally believable that someone could use their wireless network if not protected. I don't think BC would do that. We have three computers on Suddenlink network and if we do anywhere with our laptops we can pick up anyone's network connection if it isn't secured. I do NOT believe given BC's IT experience he would have that at his home. Noone sat outside his house and did a search of Fielding Drive or suicide by strangling. Kurtz is totally digging for what he can and I think the jurors know that. If I take my lap top to a campground or a hotel it picks up networks available for connection and most usually you have to have a password given to you by where you are staying to get the "best" connection. JMO

Seems to me that is trackable and the CPD sure wouldn't be googling Fiedling drive. They hadn't found her yet. I am so going to just read and not post my aggravated posts but this Jay guy seems he knows all this stuff but Brad Cooper has access he wouldn't.

You should realize that the Cooper WEP wireless network would appear to you as "Protected". You really need to watch the last 3/4 hour of today's testimony and then tune in tomorrow.

The more-secure you think your systems, the less secure they probably are.

I think that was the extent of it? If someone else was there, please correct me if I'm wrong. I think on cross they isolated maybe a dozen or so files that couldn't be explained by the FBI agent. Then on re-direct the prosecution got the witness to say that even though he didn't know what they were, or why they were changed, it was his expert opinion that they weren't indicative of tampering. He just couldn't point to why.

I really hope the defense brings this out--but I'm afraid we won't hear as much from their expert, because of the court's ruling today.

Thank you, that is helpful to know. I am trying to get as accurate a picture of all of this as I can, and it's difficult when testimony is blacked out. I have to believe he had some reason to say that changes to those several files weren't indicative of tampering, though I do put less stock in it if he was unable to state why. Would have been helpful to have another expert to expand on this, I agree.

Do I have it right that it was testified to that there was no tampering found re: the files associated with the searches on Fielding Drive on 7/11?

The tool that Ward guy showed runs on Unix. How many casual computer users use Unix as their O.S. of choice? I personally don't know any. The ones I know who use Unix are the serious gearheads.

Didn't know he had quit riding or at least quit most of it by then. I will still believe based on my experience that he knew about fielding.

And it was only 3 miles away from his own home. Not like he drove to S.C. somewhere to throw her out like trash.

As many have said, he very well could have driven over there in the days before the murder. CPD thinks so, as they presented different shoes with the white mica.

Agreed, JTF. My goodness he was all by his lonesome from June 28-July5 2008. I am betting he used his time wisely and scoped out some dump sites!:rolleyes:

Thank you, that is helpful to know. I am trying to get as accurate a picture of all of this as I can, and it's difficult when testimony is blacked out. I have to believe he had some reason to say that changes to those several files weren't indicative of tampering, though I do put less stock in it if he was unable to state why. Would have been helpful to have another expert to expand on this, I agree.

Do I have it right that it was testified to that there was no tampering found re: the files associated with the searches on Fielding Drive on 7/11?

No problem! Glad I could help. He testified that all 100% of the files showed Invalid Timestamps, but that did not change his opinion that they were not tampered with.

Originally posted by Madeleine74:The tool that Ward guy showed runs on Unix. How many casual computer users use Unix as their O.S. of choice? I personally don't know any. The ones I know who use Unix are the serious gearheads.

It's a free download from the internet, and can be used as a bootable disk. I know quite a few people who aren't experts of any kind that are fully capable of running bootable disks. Same as you would to crack an admin password, or anything like that.

Ok I am coming out of the closet so to speak....I believe Brad had this planned well in advance...He may not have known the exact date his plan would be carried out..but he knew it would happen.....the 41 second trip down Fielding Dr was on a whim while he was deep in thought because Nancy kept calling wanting her $$$...He scouted out that site while she was on vacation...JMO...

You were always "out of the closet" here.

:sick:or maybe Peyton Place....the Cary Edition was getting out of hand....the possibilities are endless...but not reality...ok I'm done now....

How about the 32 sec 6:40AM 'call".
That seems way too long for a simple green juice order.
I don't find that realistic.

BTW, how would you know what is normal behavior for someone planning to kill their wife?

Probably the same way you seem to know what normal behavior is for someone that just killed their wife.

:sick:or maybe Peyton Place....the Cary Edition was getting out of hand....the possibilities are endless...but not reality...ok I'm done now....

I am as well. A lot of logic seems to have flown out the window since the trial ended today.
Tomorrow is another day and we'll see what it brings.

And it was only 3 miles away from his own home. Not like he drove to S.C. somewhere to throw her out like trash.

Agreed. Pretty much the best place to do it under the circumstances.

So if he didn't do it, then:

1. Van of strangers with sock fetish get her and later neighbors retroactively introduce a 41 second search of the dump site to frame brad? That is bold hoping LEO will discover that. And if they go that far why not hack in a search to an actual site about strangling people and cleaning evidence and then they have him good. Why do all that hacking for such a chancy set up?

2. Neighbor killed her, stole her socks, then bet everthing on hacking Brad's computer and putting in the retro dated search but nothing more clearly linking him to the crime on that PC?

I don't buy those!

Who would want to frame Brad Cooper and why? And how would that person have known on 7-16-08 that there wouldn't already be incriminating physical evidence tying Cooper to his wife's murder, or better yet physical evidence tying someone else to her murder?

And then, how would that person have known how to hack into both the network and Cooper's work laptop, get past his security software and password protection, create a google search and then change the timestamp?

And why would anyone go to this much trouble to frame an innocent man? But they only put some obscure file change timestamp? They don't bother really tying him to the dump site? They don't do anything else? Just change a file's time?

And you all seriously believe this?

I am as well. A lot of logic seems to have flown out the window since the trial ended today.
Tomorrow is another day and we'll see what it brings.

I know this morning the witness was sounding pretty impressive while Kurtz was questioning him. I thought sure he was going to be qualified as an expert. Then Zellinger started asking questions and the impression changed. MOO

Probably the same way you seem to know what normal behavior is for someone that just killed their wife.

Huh?
I have no idea about such a thing.
Unlike you and others, I wear a white hat and side with the victim and her family....all of which BTW, believe Brad Cooper murdered their loved one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025