State v Bradley Cooper 04-20-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a poor precedent in our community for how to react to such a tragic event in our community, no matter who you believe strangled and dumped Nancy's body like trash. It looks like a concerted effort, and that bothers me, but I am only a witness to how it looks, not one who was trashed ( and Nancy can't speak for herself here), so I would not seek counsel from an attorney for my personal recourse. I just wonder about these things. :waitasec:

Yes, I agree. I would think NC's family would be the one, if any, to seek recourse if they wanted to, but I am sure they are just ready to move on with life the best they can and take care of the girls.

We still have freedom of speech.

I see that this defense witness has been run through the mud (including by you) far more than the "friends" of NC.

Also not true. None of the "friends" attempted to be sworn in as "experts". And no one has even implied this witness to be a suspect in this murder as was done with numerous of the *friend* witnesses. Without any sort of evidence to back up the slurrs against the "friends", I might add. I'd say HM's name as been far more 'run through the mud' than this 'expert' who attempted to pass himself off as a forensic expert.

No I am not, and I am sorry if you misunderstood. I was talking about another board where they were using words like "spoiled *advertiser censored*", etc., which I have never seen anything like on this board, and why I am very happy to read the posts here. Of course there will be differing opinions, but I am quite certain the moderators would not allow language and characterizations like that here, which makes it a very credible place for everyone to discuss their opinions. My statement was intended to convey the fact that those are very defaming comments, on another board, and they are being allowed with lots of traffic on their site. It doesn't matter who they are saying those things about, I don't think public site should give voice to hurtful comments like that.

My apologies dramamama, it appeared as if you were referring to this board. I agree with your sentiment about "other" boards.

Being that the jury did not ask for the screen to be enlarged and highlighted tells me they just don't care one flip about what's up on that screen.

We still have freedom of speech.

I see that this defense witness has been run through the mud (including by you) far more than the "friends" of NC.

That is the point I think, that there is a difference between the moral laws that govern our society versus the legal ones. Where do they intersect? There are laws against defamation of character, though they are hard to win, but they exist for a reason, regardless of freedom of speech. Saying one thing to a friend or co-worker is different from publishing that same thing on the internet. Just sayin'.

We missed Detective Johnson's testimony. I wonder if Kurtz was able to point out incorrect time stamps with him that the jury may have seen, or anything else that didn't make sense from the computer logs and now JW is showing generic examples of the same types of things?

If he did....whooooaaaaaa.

Witness interaction with the jury is JUST NOT DONE. EVER.

That's actually very standard. And has happened with every experienced witness on the stand during the prosecution's case. Have you not noticed it before today?

Putting your name out there as a 'expert' invites intense scrutiny , as it should.
My bet is he totally melts during cross.

A less than 41 second Google search yielded the following form that seems to be available and credentialed in computer forensics:

http://www.krollontrack.com/computer-forensics/expert-testimony/

There were / are many options for the defense that would not have had the difficulty getting accepted as an expert as this witness.

Exactly, the key is finding someone who will *support* the findings desired. My guess would be, this is the only guy they could find to support their theory. Aka 'integrity'.

Being that the jury did not ask for the screen to be enlarged and highlighted tells me they just don't care one flip about what's up on that screen.

Likely because they believe the witness, and its easier just to follow his explanation and conclusions (in the absence of any objections).

Putting your name out there as a 'expert' invites intense scrutiny , as it should.
My bet is he totally melts during cross.

Considering he isn't testifying about the mft he generated, I doubt he melts. He is only talking about stuff that he is an expert in and knows very well. He obviously knows it better than the prosecution. But I'm sure Zellinger will talk to him like he is an idiot like he did yesterday.

That's actually very standard. And has happened with every experienced witness on the stand during the prosecution's case. Have you not noticed it before today?

And Judge Gessner instructed every single witness NOT to address the jury? I hate I missed that.

I do not for one minute believe that CPD or anyone else did anything akin to this demonstration

I do not for one minute believe that CPD or anyone else did anything akin to this demonstration

I don't either. But I sure would like to see the file modifications that he wants to testify about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula