State v Bradley Cooper 04-20-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were on this jury and the testimony was in a field I did not know, I would be very suspicious of what the prosecution is trying to hide. It would be hard not to consider the questions asked but not allow to be answered.

Every objection by the prosecution would further undermine by confidence in the related prosecution evidence and testimony.

Will be curious to find out how this jury was processing this testimony.

Kurtz was cleaver to ask the questions anyway, knowing he was out of bounds with this witness. Gessner should have redirected him after repeated objections. After yesterday's tantrum by Kurtz, i'm sure he was more reserved.

This is going to answer whether it really was zoomed isn't it.

I think if Kurtz treads there it will be objection sustained. I don't believe he can answer that question as it pertains to forensics, IMO.

I'm a skimmer ... but it looks to me like each zoom on google downloads a larger file, or tile, with greater detail. I missed the FBI testimony on the zoom, but I recall something about a tif tile image with a larger format, and for the FBI to match that particular file size, they had to zoom in completely.

If Brad zoomed into the exact location along the road, there should have been a tif or other graphic file of that exact image sitting somewhere on his computer (index, cookies, et cetera).

If I were on this jury and the testimony was in a field I did not know, I would be very suspicious of what the prosecution is trying to hide. It would be hard not to consider the questions asked but not allow to be answered.

Every objection by the prosecution would further undermine by confidence in the related prosecution evidence and testimony.

Will be curious to find out how this jury was processing this testimony.

Indeed you are in my opinion correct. The jury gets the idea that the computer can be hacked into fairly easy and new files added. I guess what is needed is a forensic computer expert for the defense to finish the job up for Kurtz.

If the notion is seriously that you can't trust the search data because somebody hacked in and planted it, then they should really have the proof for that. Because it sounds extremely far fetched. And if you are coming up with far fetched theories as your best defense, you are probably in trouble.

In OJ's case, the glove had a terrific impact. But the defense didn't say imagine many sizes of gloves, now imagine one size that is too small for my client, and then imagine that is the glove that was found. If they had, OJ probably would have gone to jail. They actually presented a demonstration of the apparent size problem.

If Kurtz is going to go, "If the search isn't legit, you must acquit" or "If the neighbors were nosey, my client's rosey" then he will need to carry forward and show something actually happened.

You crack me up, lol.

Indeed you are in my opinion correct. The jury gets the idea that the computer can be hacked into fairly easy and new files added. I guess what is needed is a forensic computer expert for the defense to finish the job up for Kurtz.

It will never happen.

Anyone recall how large the tif image was that FBI testified to last week?

If indeed there is no associated file on the computer, then an expert from google could clear it up.

If Kurtz had such a witness lined up that could solve this, he would have mentioned it in his 3 hour opening. No, he went on and on about the now famous Jay Ward.

Maybe a computer whiz can clearify what I understand about google maps or mapquest mapping...But I understand if you just click on the site, enter in address or zip as was suggested brad did, the site and image would be saved on tif in tile format..However, if you interact with that map and zoom into specific site, you computer changes to bmp file as an actual picture. I think this does that to enable one to save it to their personal picture files, or to be able to print it out..otherwise if you pass on doing anything further with it, IT will just remain as a bmp file of a pic you zoomed in on..

I have used google maps and mapquest before, and yes even printed out directions..but never saved to my personal files to keep in my computer memory bank..However, if I go to google maps again, and plug in an address similar to previous searches...voila..guess what shows up..Any previous searches I did including those tiles of printed images I did...I think it is saved for some reason, to enable one to go back to relook at either same address or similar ones..speeds up your search...Not sure if it cookie related or not, but I think it is more site related.

Am I way off in my understanding of this??

Anyone recall how large the tif image was that FBI testified to last week?

I do not recall the file size, but he did show the different size images as they were zoomed

Maybe a computer whiz can clearify what I understand about google maps or mapquest mapping...But I understand if you just click on the site, enter in address or zip as was suggested brad did, the site and image would be saved on tif in tile format..However, if you interact with that map and zoom into specific site, you computer changes to bmp file as an actual picture. I think this does that to enable one to save it to their personal picture files, or to be able to print it out..otherwise if you pass on doing anything further with it, IT will just remain as a bmp file of a pic you zoomed in on..

I have used google maps and mapquest before, and yes even printed out directions..but never saved to my personal files to keep in my computer memory bank..However, if I go to google maps again, and plug in an address similar to previous searches...voila..guess what shows up..Any previous searches I did including those tiles of printed images I did...I think it is saved for some reason, to enable one to go back to relook at either same address or similar ones..speeds up your search...Not sure if it cookie related or not, but I think it is more site related.

Am I way off in my understanding of this??

Sounds pretty close, but I'm still not 100% sure. According to the link I posted above, Tile Formats for google earth maps: JPEG + PNG for edge tiles, although we've now heard about .bmp and .tif files.

Is Kurtz saying that the "real killer" put the Fielder Dr. info on Brad's computer?? Really??

:silly:

I do not recall the file size, but he did show the different size images as they were zoomed

This is the source file size: Source image size: 352 GB (uncompressed)
A completely zoomed in area should be about 22 GB.

This is the source file size: Source image size: 352 GB (uncompressed)
A completely zoomed in area should be about 22 GB.

I thought you were talking about tile sizes

Sounds pretty close, but I'm still not 100% sure. According to the link I posted above, Tile Formats for google earth maps: JPEG + PNG for edge tiles, although we've now heard about .bmp and .tif files.

I think it all depends on what your specific computer parameters are set to do. bmp is usual for close up pics due to resolution or pixeling needed to see details...IF you do save that picture, you can change it to jpeg..for smaller storage or ability to attach and send to someone..otherwise it may be too big for your server to allow attachment..Use to happen to me..

Anyway, the reason I dont think it is cookie related, is because I clear cookies every end of day, including temp files, and history of sites I visited...and maybe 6 months later when I go to the google maps or mapquest..my previous searches still show up...

Hopefully I have explained what you were asking..:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members