State v Bradley Cooper 3.10.2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess him having the water cut off is not true and a non-issue. I know there were lots of statements pre-trial about him doing it as a control issue. From the sounds of it, they just didn't bother to pay their bills on time. The water had been cut off before and they were frequently late with the water bill payment.

DD seems to be contradicting some things she said to police in interviews.

not they...

HE. He controlled the payment of the bills.

sure, no doubt. But this pattern with the water bill started prior to the divorce stuff happening. The bills he had her read started in August 07.

I know one thing, Brad Cooper has a huge head and forehead.

I sure do hope next week progresses at a much faster pace than today has. Seems as if they were not on break or lunch, they were discussing things outside of the jurys presence and media was cut.

JMO

But at the end, he was tightly controlling the money situation and didn't want her having any spending money. She was wanting to move back to Canada with the girls.

Sounds like Nancy was spending about $2000 a month ... pocket money ... while they were having the utilities disconnected for non-payment. If Brad hadn't put Nancy on a tight, monitored budget, he would have been irresponsible.

I am surprised how much 'hearsay' testimony is being allowed in this trial.
Usually the parties (one side at least) fight to keep the victims statements out, very odd... anywho, here is the linky for anyone that doesn't have it already but would like to watch it online.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/9247382/#/vid9247382
(You can also see the opening statements and day 1 of the trial on the site.)

I think it's just as well to let the gossip come through in court as it leaves little doubt that there was a gang of women that were influenced by what Nancy said. I get the impression that they had it in for Brad even before Nancy disappeared. Hearing the gossip, and facts like the changing dress color, helps put that gossip into perspective and gives me the impression that they were willing to say whatever they thought would lead to Brad's arrest.

So Nancy was mad about Brad not giving her the money because it meant she couldn't get pedicures for her and her daughters. Are you freaking kidding me? They were in serious financial trouble and she was worried about pedicures. He shouldn't have withheld the agreed upon money....I fully agree with that. But using that money for a pedicure and then complaining that the $300/week isn't enough? Seriously?

I have to agree ... she seemed to want to live like a queen while they couldn't afford to pay basic necessities.

According to court documents and testimony, Nancy received $300 per week. Not $2,000 per month. $1,200 per month in a 4 week month.

There was nothing friends could say to affect an arrest of Brad. The state had to have actual evidence -- not only comments from friends (although that probably gave them clues of where to start looking). If all they had were statements from friends, the DA would not have allowed the arrest to go forward. This county's DA is uber-conservative with arrests. He is known to wait years and years, if he has to.

AND... Brad lied during his deposition when he claimed Nancy had never said "I hate you." Not only did she say it, she apparently said it THREE times to him, just that day (Fri July 11). Why lie unless you have something to hide?

Other than someone claiming Nancy said so ... can anyone else verify that it happened?

The pedicure I understand - she was a runner. Pedicures are often a necessity, not a luxury, for runners. At least she earned the money to cover the cost and didn't demand it of Brad. I would think he should have been happy about that. Guess not.

Is that something male and female runners need?

All the bills were in Brad's name. All the bank accounts were changed to Brad's name only. Brad paid the bills (or didn't pay, as it were). That was by design. He took control of the finance side of the family, including the bills. Notice he failed to pay the water bill on time for than a couple times and the water was turned off, as a result.

Nancy was dependent on Brad for whatever money he gave her. Yes, she did spend a lot on credit cards and actually they both did. But he was in charge, and if she didn't have money it was because he didn't give her any (and because she didn't have a work visa she couldn't work in the U.S.).

According to court documents and testimony, Nancy received $300 per week. Not $2,000 per month. $1,200 per month in a 4 week month.

There was nothing friends could say to affect an arrest of Brad. The state had to have actual evidence -- not only comments from friends (although that probably gave them clues of where to start looking). If all they had were statements from friends, the DA would not have allowed the arrest to go forward. This county's DA is uber-conservative with arrests. He is known to wait years and years, if he has to.

I must have misunderstood ... I was listening while working on something else ... but didn't the witness who read out the dates for the utilities disconnection also read out that Nancy spent about $24k a year on her credit card? I admit I maybe wasn't listening closely ... but did anyone else hear that?

Other than someone claiming Nancy said so ... can anyone else verify that it happened?

Yes. There is an affidavit filed that someone (I forget who) heard them fighting with the girls present, and heard Brad say he hated Nancy. Then the eldest daughter started crying, asking why 'Daddy hates Mommy.'

There's another fight witnessed in the parking lot of the girl's preschool. Again there's a legal document (affidavit) about it.

All the bills were in Brad's name. All the bank accounts were changed to Brad's name only. Brad paid the bills (or didn't pay, as it were). That was by design. He took control of the finance side of the family, including the bills. Notice he failed to pay the water bill on time for than a couple times and the water was turned off, as a result.

Nancy was dependent on Brad for whatever money he gave her. Yes, she did spend a lot on credit cards and actually they both did. But he was in charge, and if she didn't have money it was because he didn't give her any (and because she didn't have a work visa she couldn't work in the U.S.).

Did that happen after the divorce was initiated?

I'm wondering what stopped Nancy from paying the bills. The bills would have come to the house, she could have opened the mail, she could have gone to the bank and paid ... or was there some reason she couldn't do this (prior to Brad taking her name off accounts)?

Yes. There is an affidavit filed that someone (I forget who) heard them fighting with the girls present, and heard Brad say he hated Nancy. Then the eldest daughter started crying, asking why 'Daddy hates Mommy.'

There's another fight witnessed in the parking lot of the girl's preschool. Again there's a legal document (affidavit) about it.

I was referring to Nancy telling the friend at the party that she told Brad she hated him 3 times.

Did that happen after the divorce was initiated?

I think it happened before. The separation agreement was drafted in April 2008.

I'm wondering what stopped Nancy from paying the bills. The bills would have come to the house, she could have opened the mail, she could have gone to the bank and paid ... or was there some reason she couldn't do this (prior to Brad taking her name off accounts)?

Other than possibly not having enough money on hand to do so, I don't know. I don't know if the bills came to the house or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member