State v Bradley Cooper 3.14 .2011 - 3.?.??

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JA Testified that NC painted the previous room using only a small towel for her hands. She did not use a tarp to cover large areas, and she liked to paint and was good at it.

My take, this is damaging to BC. If he was playing the helpful husband and buying painting supplies, why stop at a tarp? Where are the brushes, rollers, buckets, rags, thinner and so forth?

But Kurtz said Nancy had a specific request for just the tarp.
Sounds like she didn't need one because she was very careful.
The jury will see that is total BS. Sounds like the painting was a source of conflict, so why would she ask for painting supplies and odder yet, he complied?

My point isn't with regards to this trial. I'm just dumbfounded how everyone knew everything. The more I listen to this trial, the more I dislike both parties. I'm not intending to be disrespectful of the deceased, and no matter what, she didn't deserve to die. But I just have no respect for these type of people (both of them).

True. Nancy didn't seem to have any boundaries in terms of what was personal or family business and what she put out there as neighborhood gossip. It seems that she told anyone that was willing to listen all about her personal situation. I also get the impression that Nancy interpreted everything that Brad did in a negative light. For example, if he helped with the children by taking them to school, it was criicized.

That a ridiculous thing to say. I do all my own painting and I'm very careful as well. But I always put something down on the floor. It doesn't take much to drop a single drop of paint.

ncsu95, why is so much of what Nancy did "ridiculous"?
Just because you would do something differently does't mean that's the way others do things.

But is was ok for her to being having sex with JP

The defense is trying to claim intercourse occurred, but there has been no proof of that (yet). So sexual contact may have occurred at some point, to what extent we don't know.

That a ridiculous thing to say. I do all my own painting and I'm very careful as well. But I always put something down on the floor. It doesn't take much to drop a single drop of paint.

Even professional painters use a drop cloth ... Nancy probably cleaned up any paint drops with her pink towel.

The tarp is a big red flag, IMHO.

Brad was not helping Nancy. He wasn't helping Jessica. He was angry that Nancy was over at JA's house. He was disparaging in tone about the progress of her painting.

There is no way he went to purchase a tarp to HELP protect JA's furniture and floor. Nancy, contrary to what the defense asserts, did NOT request or need a tarp.

And remember this: Brad claims everyone hated him and he was the 'bad guy.' You think he's going to suddenly do a favor for someone he perceives dislikes him?

Nope.

Brad was not helping Nancy. He wasn't helping Jessica. He was angry that Nancy was over at JA's house. He was disparaging in tone about the progress of her painting.

There is no way he went to purchase a tarp to HELP protect JA's furniture and floor. Remember...Brad claims everyone hated him and he was the 'bad guy.' You think he's going to suddenly do a favor for someone he perceives dislikes him?

Nope.

That seems to be the case ... another of Nancy's friends interpreting everything Brad did in a negative light. If he picked up the children, it was wrong. If he said "is that all she did", it was wrong. I don't think it would matter what Brad said or did, her friends would find a way to find fault - just like Nancy did.

But that does indicate he cleaned (or at least started cleaning) the garage earlier than the night/morning she was murdered.

That's true. The garage clean up can no longer be connected with the night of the murder.

ncsu95, why is so much of what Nancy did "ridiculous"?
Just because you would do something differently does't mean that's the way others do things.

If she was painting your house, you would be completely comfortable with her not putting down any type of floor covering because she said she was careful? I do find a lot of her behavior to be ridiculous. Again, that has nothing to do with the murder or Brad Cooper. I'm simply discussion what I'm hearing during testimony. I would offer the same opinions about stuff Brad did (when it comes up) that I find ridiculous.

Even professional painters use a drop cloth ... Nancy probably cleaned up any paint drops with her pink towel.

That would work on hardwood, but not on carpet. So I guess it depends on where she was painting and what type of flooring there was.

If she was painting your house, you would be completely comfortable with her not putting down any type of floor covering because she said she was careful? I do find a lot of her behavior to be ridiculous. Again, that has nothing to do with the murder or Brad Cooper. I'm simply discussion what I'm hearing during testimony. I would offer the same opinions about stuff Brad did (when it comes up) that I find ridiculous.

Depends on the person and their technique. While I was having my house painted (outside) one of the guys offered to do my front & side doors for me (they opened into the house). Two different guys did the 2 doors. Neither one used any special covering.

There are paint formulations that are really good about not dripping. There are people who are quite adept at painting. As long as the furniture was out of the way and the person was careful, painting can be done without splattering it on the floor or elsewhere.

Oh...and I had my LR painted as well (different person). He didn't use any coverings either! The only area covered was where he put the paint cans and supplies overnight.

That's true. The garage clean up can no longer be connected with the night of the murder.

I was surprised to hear that during the prosecution case. I think this is a big point for this trial.

When I paint, I don't use any coverings either. I usually find that it works best if, after I get the paint all over myself, I just use my clothes to apply the paint to the wall. :crazy:

Seriously, I can do a lot of household chores, but I am not, and will never be mistaken for a competent painter. When we have done small painting jobs, we use masking tape against all of the trim, etc, but my Brother in Law is a professional painter, and he is able to avoid the time consuming task. I don't think he uses a drop cloth either, but I might be wrong about that.

The garage clean up can no longer be connected with the night of the murder.

How so?

Brad always asserted that he cleaned out the garage. But here we have a statement in which Nancy says (in front of a witness) that a car still could not fit inside even after he 'cleaned' the garage.

Clean up might not be removal of stuff. Obviously they still had stuff filling that garage. The exterminator (who came on Wed?) will be called to the stand and he will confirm how crowded/cluttered the garage was.

I was surprised to hear that during the prosecution case. I think this is a big point for this trial.

I understood that cleaning the garage in the middle of the night could be one of the points suggesting premeditation, but now that's out. The tarp may be argued as another point for premeditation, but I don't think the jury can avoid reasonable doubt. That is, there is some doubt as to whether it was bought for painting, especially now that we know Nancy didn't have a drop cloth.

Nancy mentioned to D Lopez she was getting a divorce.

To add to this...

Nancy told Ms. Lopez that she babysat for HM...Nancy found out later that while she was babysitting for HM, HM was out with Brad. Nice.

To add to this...

Nancy told Ms. Lopez that she babysat for HM...Nancy found out later that while she was babysitting for HM, HM was out with Brad. Nice.

It is not very nice of Nancy's best friend to ask Nancy to look after her children so she could seduce Nancy's husband.

The thing that stuck with me most vividly today is when D. Lopez specifically talked about how she was worried about Nancy, how she said to her husband (pointing to NC's house) that she feared for Nancy, and feared something bad was going to happen in there! And then (not knowing that anything had happened or that Nancy was missing), continued talking about it the next day as well, only finding out on Sun that Nancy was indeed missing.

That's some verrrryyyy strong intuition there.

What a mess their lives were! They were doing everything they could to hurt each other. Some friends were sympathetic while others were taking advantage of the situation. War of the Roses with a neighborhood twist.

There is no way he went to purchase a tarp to HELP protect JA's furniture and floor. Nancy, contrary to what the defense asserts, did NOT request or need a tarp.

And remember this: Brad claims everyone hated him and he was the 'bad guy.' You think he's going to suddenly do a favor for someone he perceives dislikes him?

Nope.

They, NC and BC were in the process of getting their house ready too...so it is not inconceivable that the tarp was purchased when they were applying the $34.00 a gallon Restoration Hardware paint on their own walls.

Brads claims seem to be true, everyone did appear to hate him and she had made him out to be a bad guy.

How many people that you know that are in the middle of divorce proceedings do not speak to each other in a disparaging tone? If that is indication of murder, then 90% of the divorcing population should be arrested for conspiracy to commit murder.

He was angry because she had not made him aware of her plans, Jessica said that. Jessica also said the she said she HATED Brad right in front of their children. Though it is an awful tragedy, it is ridiculous to paint her as a saint and him a murderer based on heresay. There has been no evidence presented yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member