State v Bradley Cooper 3-18-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone really think NC called Brad 2 minutes after he walked back out the door and talked for 38 seconds? "Hey AHOLE, pick up some Juicy Juice for the girls too"....click. 10 seconds max.

Everything about this 'call' sounds rigged to me.

Does anyone really think NC called Brad 2 minutes after he walked back out the door and talked for 38 seconds? "Hey AHOLE, pick up some Juicy Juice for the girls too"....click. 10 seconds max.

I agree and I think everything points to "he did it" but he could claim to not know where to find it, what aisle, what particular flavor.... The defense could drag that call out. Best to just prove he could have initiated the call and leave it at that.

That's my take on it. If it can be proven that the call could have been generated then it negates his alibi. It doesn't prove that he did it (unless it can be proven for a fact that he DID generate that call) but there would be no proof that she was alive when he went to the store.

Possible alibi....in other words, reasonable doubt.
The state really needs something solid the jury can latch on to. If the VOIP testimony is just, "yes it is possible and he would know how" w/o showing he likely did it, the jury will probably dismiss it entirely.

Possible alibi....in other words, reasonable doubt.
The state really needs something solid the jury can latch on to. If the VOIP testimony is just, "yes it is possible and he would know how" w/o showing he likely did it, the jury will probably dismiss it entirely.

I'm seriously hoping they have more than the phone call. I hope they have evidence from the home and/or the car.

No might about it (IMHO). He lied. Nancy was dead by then and dumped like trash off of Fielding Drive before 7am. (again IMHO)

Brad is a lying liar who lies.

And a murdering murderer who murdered!

I was thinking the same thing earlier, JTF.

I read Diana Duncan's affidavit earlier today and she swore that Nancy was only receiving $80/week for food. Does anyone know if that was true at some point, or was this nothing more than a friend of Nancy twisting information to influence the custody outcome?

Deposition video #7 at ~11:48 into the video BC indicates the hall light was on, he was in bed at 8:30pm and never got out of bed. I imagine that from the Duncan's house it would be possible to see that there was a light on in the Cooper house. We have heard testimony that all lights in the Copper house were turned off, correct?

Deposition video #7 at ~11:48 into the video BC indicates the hall light was on, he was in bed at 8:30pm and never got out of bed. I imagine that from the Duncan's house it would be possible to see that there was a light on in the Cooper house. We have heard testimony that all lights in the Copper house were turned off, correct?

Yes. The new friend (Lopez?) said that Nancy checked the window a couple of times and said that all the lights were off. Did Nancy mean all the lights except the hall light or outside light, or that the entire house was in darkness. Did Lopez mention whether there were any lights on when Nancy pointed out the house, or was it in total darkness?

So Brad said that he went to bed at 8:30, left the hall light on, and no lights were on? It's a bit inconsiderate not to leave a light on. What else could it mean? That at 8:30 the light was on, he got up and turned it off, but forgot? That he didn't leave it on and if so, why did he say he left it on?

What's the perspective on Brad offering to give Nancy the equivalent of nanny wages if she would look after the children. That's about $40k around here, with limited hours and days off. I suppose it meant living their own lives under the same roof but Nancy would receive more than $1200 a month. Although one of the witnesses said that it was offensive (something like that), it doesn't sound like Nancy was all that invested in the relationship. It could have been an ideal solution - if they could leave each other alone (War of the Roses)

Interesting note from BC affidavit, "I always paid our mortgage, equity line, car payments, insurance, utilities, cable/internet bills, cell phone bills, pre-school tuition, and our membership to Lifetime Fitness every month"

He did....just obviously not on time (at least with the water).

He did....just obviously not on time (at least with the water).

The water is never actually shut off where I live. It's threatened, but it doesn't happen. Is the water actually shut off in North Carolina if the bill is late one month? ... was the bill late months at a time? Was Brad ever away during these shut offs and did Nancy ever pay the bill when she was still on the accounts? How long between paying the bill ... and actually having the utilities shut off in NC?

There's a hookup charge of about $150 if there's a cut off here. Were the Coopers paying a hookup charge each time, or were they simply frequently late with payment? It seems odd to me that their water was often "off". Did they go to the neighbors or the gym to shower?

With my stopwatch, I just timed a typical call to my husband if I wanted him to pick up Tide and juice. I gave him the color of the Tide bottle, told him to look for the HE symbol, said it's usually on the top shelf and then I described the Naked Juice, what it looks like and where it is.

15 seconds it took. Since it was to replicate a BC/NC call, I left out I love you and drive safely. :crazy:

If he didn't shop often then I could probably believe that he couldn't find juice. I wouldn't have believed it a couple of years ago, but after I broke my ankle my Dad offered to help out with doing grocery shopping for me. What is funny is that he shops for himself weekly and also shops at a HT, but when asked to come back with things that he didn't normally buy he was unable to find them or else came back with really random substitutions as he refused to ask an employee for help.

He came back telling me that they didn't carry hummus, but he got me margarine instead. (mmmm...baby carrots dipped in margarine LOL) Frozen biscuits? Yep, they were out of them the whole time that I wasn't able to make it down 3 flights of stairs too (but funnily enough when I was able to cruise around HT in that little electric cart--they were back in stock). He was able to find soy milk but that was because it was siting right next to the regular milk and some nice lady pointed him to the veggie burger freezer. And he brought me back more bags of frozen collards then I've ever seen outside of a grocery store as I said that they were high in calcium. So for 3 weeks I lived on PB sandwiches, baby carrots with no hummus and lots and lots of frozen collards. But that being said, I love my Dad and appreciated him coming over weekly to do this, but it just cracked me up when he'd get back with the random stuff.

I don't know how Cary is but the Raleigh water will get cut off. They bill every 2 or 3 months and when I first moved to where I live now, I wasn't used to paying the water bill as water was included every else that I've ever lived. I totally spaced on it and came home one night to a note on my door saying that my water had been d/c and to call a number to have it hooked back up. I tried calling that night but they'd already closed. I had figured that I'd have enough water in the pipes to maybe fill a bottle or something but they suck the water out of the pipes LOL.

I feel like I just had to pay the bill and a small penalty. It wasn't $150 as I'd have really cried over that even though it was my fault. As it was taking a "shower" with cold bottled water was punishment enough.

If he didn't shop often then I could probably believe that he couldn't find juice. I wouldn't have believed it a couple of years ago, but after I broke my ankle my Dad offered to help out with doing grocery shopping for me. What is funny is that he shops for himself weekly and also shops at a HT, but when asked to come back with things that he didn't normally buy he was unable to find them or else came back with really random substitutions as he refused to ask an employee for help.

He came back telling me that they didn't carry hummus, but he got me margarine instead. (mmmm...baby carrots dipped in margarine LOL) Frozen biscuits? Yep, they were out of them the whole time that I wasn't able to make it down 3 flights of stairs too (but funnily enough when I was able to cruise around HT in that little electric cart--they were back in stock). He was able to find soy milk but that was because it was siting right next to the regular milk and some nice lady pointed him to the veggie burger freezer. And he brought me back more bags of frozen collards then I've ever seen outside of a grocery store as I said that they were high in calcium. So for 3 weeks I lived on PB sandwiches, baby carrots with no hummus and lots and lots of frozen collards. But that being said, I love my Dad and appreciated him coming over weekly to do this, but it just cracked me up when he'd get back with the random stuff.

Oh, but he did shop often....at that particular HT.
She would not be describing Tide, cause she used All.
We also know he was fully aware of the juice location, based on VIC card records.

I was surprised they didn't call the exterminator right after the detective to bolster the testimony Brad cleared the right side of the garage on the morning of the murder.
IMO, it should have been before the ME so that part was hit home for the jury.

It seems evident they are not allowed to use the video from the depositions, as they could have easily illustrated some of his obvious lies in living color.

Need help understanding the reason for the objection to possible reason for BC's parents or brother possibly not being at the trial at any given time. Seemed the judge was really irritated.

Need help understanding the reason for the objection to possible reason for BC's parents or brother possibly not being at the trial at any given time. Seemed the judge was really irritated.

When did this happen and in what context?
Please provide video link w/ tag.

First post--please be easy on me... ;o)

I am finding the discussion from people (and hubbies) with technical know-how regarding the ways the calls might be placed (Asterisk, for example), very interesting. If a conviction is in the cards, it is imperative the prosecution actually make some real, concerete headway on issues such as this.

In a recent post, Albert recently mentioned the deposition video, Brad being in bed with the girls, and the reference to the hall light (according to Brad, this is how he saw the silhouette of Nancy when she returned from the party). It is also interesting to review Brad's statement specific to falling to sleep on the evening of the 11th. In his deposition, Brad states he fell asleep with the girls shortly after 9 p.m. and did not awaken until Nancy came home at 12:25 or 12:30 a.m. However, a subpoena states he accessed his email (to read Nancy's email) at 10:13PM. The contents of the email(s) will be very interesting. I haven't run across any info on the specifics. Ideas?

There are a lot of *odd* things in this case. I know it is still early days, but we had the ME on Friday, and, honestly, he didn't provide any "Brad did it" smoking gun. Ultimately, I have no idea what it all means, but (IMHO, of course), this case has become one big, slippery fish for the prosecution. They need to find a way to set the hook quickly, or this fish is in serious danger of entering "the one that got away" and "it was THIS big" fish tale territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck