Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, even the judge has admonished Kurtz about the rabbits he was throwing, but this is really simple. If they think NC had a child that was not BC's all they gotta do is a DNA test. That would be really strong testimony.

Maybe that's one reason the defense was asking if the children's DNA had been taken.

They did not say there was no sexual assualt, only that it could not be confirmed or denied based on the condition of the body.

A google search will show you that people have broken the hyoid bone puking on the toilet while intoxicated. The lack of ligature or finger marks around the neck is just as relevant.

Not a single one of us knows if a murderer is among us.

We have no way of knowing what is and isn't a lie because it was not said to us directly by any of the parties involved.

The evidence does not point to the one man. It would be a travesty of justice to convict at this point.

Common sense tells me that there is room to believe that there are other possibilities and potential motives.

If they were to run the two peaks of DNA that did not match NC or BC and it hit on a known killer (if we only had such a database :) )....that would be awesome because we would know for sure.

I'm not as sure as you are that we are going to get there. I hope we get to the truth and nothing but the truth...so help us all...

I wonder why the ME would not point out that it was just as likely she died from another cause like that. The ME, who has performed and assisted in almost 7000 autopsies, believes Nancy was strangled.

That's rather generous. If Brad made $112k, would his take home after taxes have been about $60k or $70k? Subtract $25k, that doesn't leave much. Who pays taxes on the child support - Brad or Nancy? That would have been about $1600 in Alberta (http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/pi/fcy-fea/lib-bib/legis/fcsg-lfpae/tables2006/alta_2.html) with Brad paying taxes on the money.

I wouldn't think BC would pay taxes on it since he's already paid taxes on it with his paycheck. I thought BC's salary (inc bonus) was around $135? I don't find $2100 for child support that out of line. It goes by your salary (in NC at least). It's a lot of $, but that's life in a divorce situation.

I am sorry you, as well as per curiam, are having to deal with cancer. I HATE that disease. But you appeared tonight out of nowhere and abjectly started blasting the people on here who have followed each day (each hour) of this trial. We know all of the evidence that's been presented thus far has been worthless but there is more to come. If Brad is found not guilty, so be it. As a woman, I dislike Brad and everything about him so I find it almost natural to think he is guilty. Right or wrong, my feelings about Brad are anything but warm and loving.
If you want to continue to hang out with us, please find a softer tone.
I hope you feel better soon.

RWESafe has been a regular participant on this forum (except for the last few days).

Me and my wife (especially my wife) when the kids were about that age. One of us would go into tuck the kids in and fall asleep on the bed for an hour or so before stumbling out. Especially on stormy nights.

I often fall asleep on the couch early in the evening, then something wakes me up (the "kick" from INCEPTION) after an hour or so and I go check email, watch TV, play my guitar, check WebSleuths ;), and then finally go to bed at 1:30.

Nobody else here falls asleep on the couch and then wakes and stumbles around the house locking doors before finally crashing in the bed?

Yeah, I guess everyone is different. I'm a light sleeper. I always look forward to the kids being in bed because I finally have "me time" so I guess it's hard for me to comprehend giving that up:). I could never in a million years fall asleep on the couch or in a chair either.

Why is it that people who think Brad didn't do it list the littlest things like screws and stuff? ? What about the stuff like the fact that they said they found a body and he told them how the body was clothed? ? What about the lies he has been caught in that he wouldn't have told if he were innocent?

And when did it become *fact* that Nancy had an affair??

I admire those keeping an open mind, but man! Trashing the victim to make the possible culprit look less guilty?

I swear I think there are a couple on here that are friends of Brad's from the way they convey themselves. Or, as one pointed out, working for the defense. And if you want to go back to the same old arguments about nothing being proven, tell us what you think about some of the more substantial things that have come to light!

I think the prosecution knew what they were doing when they arrested Brad and are setting the stage as we watch to show us why.

I haven't seen a single person post in here (with the exception of curiousdad) that says the feel he didn't do it.

My wife runs on the Lochmere greenway alone. We don't live there, but she drives over, does the Java Jive thing, runs. She was once given pause by a van slowing down - it spooked her. I know dozens of families over there. One lady told me of a truck that did a uturn behind her, freaked her out, She stopped running, the truck stopped, several feet away - passenger door opens. Another stranger - a woman in a minivan comes upon the scene, slides open her door and yells for the runner to hop in. Another crime avoided.

these two incidents give me, along with about a thousand other problems, much doubt to Brad's guilt. BTW, I don't know the cooper's nor any other the folks involved.

47" is way narrow for a car, but not a small landscape trailer to haul debris or one riding mower in. Lots of students, and adults earn extra money on weekends mowing lawns.

BC would not have taken care of everything else (except maybe the computer??) but botched the body dump. Another minute and that body would have stayed deep in the woods for weeks. A smaller man, or woman, dragged her by the bra out of whatever vehicle, surely leaving some trace along the truck or door or trailer edges, just a few feet away.

random happens. even in Cary.

I wouldn't think BC would pay taxes on it since he's already paid taxes on it with his paycheck. I thought BC's salary (inc bonus) was around $135? I don't find $2100 for child support that out of line. It goes by your salary (in NC at least). It's a lot of $, but that's life in a divorce situation.

Are there standard child support tables in NC like the one I found for Alberta?

That is the sole reason they were asking if the children's DNA had been taken. IMO

Why does this even matter, unless they are going to suggest JP killed her? That seems unlikely since we haven't heard anything about it. If anything, I could see this as hurting the defense (BC finds out the child isn't his and goes on a murderous rage).

Are there standard child support tables in NC like the one I found for Alberta?

I don't know, but would assume. My brother in law went thru this in NC and so I'm very familiar with it. And it was an extreme hardship for him (had 2 daughters) and didn't make near what BC made.

Yeah, I see your point, but if she was withholding sex I think I can understand the affair. I do think there are witnesses who will back this up but I can't be sure who.

The water bill - normally bills are only in one person's name. Maybe he needed to be the one to reactivate their account. Not sure, don't really know the details of that one but it does show how broke they were. Who goes out and buys 9K painting when the water bill can't be paid.

In my work (municipal govt) often times it's not that they "can't" pay the water bill, it's that they're too busy, too lazy, too disorganized, or they just plain lose the little postcard bill and then forget it until no water comes out of the tap. I've worked in several cities/towns - all of them have a policy that IF someone who truly can not pay before their service is scheduled for disconnect, they simply call in to the water department and make arrangements to pay the past due amount on a particular date when they will have the funds and no interruption in service is experienced. People wouldn't believe how many CPAs, doctors, attorneys have their water shut off for non-payment.... uhhhh, they have the money - just not the personal organizational skills to take care of their own finances and business.

I wonder why the ME would not point out that it was just as likely she died from another cause like that. The ME, who has performed and assisted in almost 7000 autopsies, believes Nancy was strangled.

The ME said "most likely" died from... Even the ME could not nail the cause of death down with 100% conviction. I would suspect since the body was found at a drainage ditch instead of in front of a toilet that it would not be relevant. He did state that the hyoid is just beneath the skin and not that difficult to access when he was asked. I believe that was asked for a reason.

I sure hope you are right about that. I don't want to think that not liking someone is enough to send them to jail for something they may not have done.

If that were possible I think 8 out of 10 people (myself included) would be sent to jail. No, not 'liking' someone is not evidence. You have to have evidence to get (this) DA to agree to take a case to trial.

My wife runs on the Lochmere greenway alone. We don't live there, but she drives over, does the Java Jive thing, runs. She was once given pause by a van slowing down - it spooked her. I know dozens of families over there. One lady told me of a truck that did a uturn behind her, freaked her out, She stopped running, the truck stopped, several feet away - passenger door opens. Another stranger - a woman in a minivan comes upon the scene, slides open her door and yells for the runner to hop in. Another crime avoided.

these two incidents give me, along with about a thousand other problems, much doubt to Brad's guilt. BTW, I don't know the cooper's nor any other the folks involved.

47" is way narrow for a car, but not a small landscape trailer to haul debris or one riding mower in. Lots of students, and adults earn extra money on weekends mowing lawns.

BC would not have taken care of everything else (except maybe the computer??) but botched the body dump. Another minute and that body would have stayed deep in the woods for weeks. A smaller man, or woman, dragged her by the bra out of whatever vehicle, surely leaving some trace along the truck or door or trailer edges, just a few feet away.

None of those incidents ended up with someone dead. It does happen but in this case, so far, there is no evidence of a random killer. Spousal homicides happen too, far more often than random. So far the biggest issue for me is that he was able to identify the one item left on the body before he knew anything about the person other than that a female body was found, and this is after he stated that he didn't see her before she left the house. MOO

I just found this article from wral that talked about his friend Michael Hiller, its interesting that he thought Cary cops were coercing him, I am sure this will come up in trial unless Michael changed his story or this one is exaggerated so Kurtz can't play with it at all.

Check it out.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3658943/

It has been in the back of my mind for a very long time - what would push Brad over the edge ? He is cold, emotionless, and self serving.

I tend to think there is a direct link between the emails and the fact that Nancy is dead. I tend to think that there is a possibility that one of those emails or several for that matter, may have included information which would or could assist Nancy in getting away from Brad. Maybe not back to Canada but maybe just out from his control. I have stiudied and studied on why he agreed to allow her to return to Canada in April, at least until he saw the potential cost of that were he to allow it. Everything changed, what did not change was Nancy was still living out of boxes...she had no intentions of remaining IMO. Perhaps she was offered a way to get clear. Control is a very touchy thing.

RaisinCharlie: I'm keeping in mind possibilities of how Nancy could have been offered a place to stay in the area that she lived (RTP). JUST ONE POSSIBILITY is that her friends, the Adam family (J and her husband) have a condo in Raleigh (at least it's in Wake Co., but I looked it up and believe it's Raleigh). It's still listed under their ownership. That could have been a POSSIBILITY for Nancy. I have no idea though. You just never know.

As to monies that Nancy had in her divorce papers, I remember that Nancy wanted private schools paid for through high school, lessons such as dance or gymnastics, and so on. Going on long term memory again, but the docs are still on this site for anyone to look at.

He would be paying a grand amount if he met her demands. Of course, that problem was taken care of permanently.

Why does this even matter, unless they are going to suggest JP killed her? That seems unlikely since we haven't heard anything about it. If anything, I could see this as hurting the defense (BC finds out the child isn't his and goes on a murderous rage).

That is their "suggestion". They are just giving us other possibilities.

It's creepy to me because about a year ago we had a series of break-ins in our neighborhood. I live way North Raleigh, but it was a white van and it was hispanics. They stole computers and TV's from one neighbor and a couple of other neighbors they went up to the house and were looking in a window and the owner happened to be home. We started the Neighborhood Watch thing after that. But all of these events happened in broad daylight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025