Found Deceased State v Bradley Cooper - 3/23/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know if the drainage ditch where NC was found had standing water? Was dragged for shoes, shorts, top, etc?

Several of the regulars on here paid the dump site a visit, and IIRC have posted pictures of the place in some of the early threads.

It was said to be a retention pond, but IIRC that was a fairly grand tag to hang on it, it was not very big, and not much more than a glorified ditch. It did not have a lot of water in it, I believe.

They did investigate the area, which makes me think the perp was concerned about leaving footprints or dragging trace evidence around. It was a short distance from the road, but not just an "open the door and kick 'em out" distance either.

There is, IMO a less secluded area nearby, but it is very swampy. Problem is it is right along a heavily traveled road with no place to pull off, but it is very close to the dump site. I think she would have been missing longer if he had picked that spot. Nobody goes walking in there.

Focus on...If he was asked what I was or might have been wearing I suppose he would focus on it. Maybe she did not always wear black shorts but always wore a black and read sports bra. Don't we all always focus on the one thing that we know for sure?

I'm not selling it...like you, I'm just exploring possibilities. I have not yet seen all of the evidence so I am hesitant to condemn a man based on what I know right now. I am not trying to make people angry with that position.

It's very bizarre to me that the first thing out of his mouth upon being notified that a body had been found is, "she always wore a black and red sports bra." No questions about is it Nancy? I would think that would be question number one unless a person was trying to imagine what they might say upon being notified that a body had been found.

rwesafe...none of us have seen enough evidence to assure a conviction.
Most have pointed out obvious holes in the state's case.
What is blatantly obvious, is you refuse to acknowledge anything that looks suspicious on the part of Brad Cooper. You seem to be fighting even common sense very hard.

Do we know if the drainage ditch where NC was found had standing water? Was dragged for shoes, shorts, top, etc?

Went by there a couple of days after body found - no water in ditch. A sediment fence with some water in a small retainage pond was next to the place they found her.

Hope you all enjoy the computer testimony manana. And cheer on my Blue Devils tomorrow night instead of loosing sleep here. Good Night!

I think maybe they were referring to the UNC-C Student who was strangled in Wilmington in May 2008, Irina Yarmolenko.

OT - No they were talking about the Eve Carson case in Chapel Hill. She was a student there (class president, I believe) who was murdered.

IMO

If Brad killed her, his window of time to dump a body was tiny. He couldn't risk having her found before a time that would be normal for running and he couldn't risk being seen dumping her. That makes it much more likely that he did kill her. A random killer in a van would have been more likely to have driven miles away from that site. MOO

:clap: Ya know, in all the time I've been thinking about this and possible situations, it has never occurred to me that the window was that narrow. I have been thinking that he might have been in a hurry because the sun was coming up and folks might have been out and about, but not that she might have been found BEFORE she would have left to go running.

Great Point!

Hello, I've never posted here before so I hope I'm doing this okay. I have a question that I'm sure someone here can answer. The two cousins that were arresed for the murder of the young UNC student in May 2008; one died and the other was convicted? Anyway, I'm not sure, but being so close to the same time as NC's murder,(I think), did the investigators look at them as well? I was reading something about her the other day and wondered. Thx..

This is the Yarmolenko murder.

Hello, I've never posted here before so I hope I'm doing this okay. I have a question that I'm sure someone here can answer. The two cousins that were arresed for the murder of the young UNC student in May 2008; one died and the other was convicted? Anyway, I'm not sure, but being so close to the same time as NC's murder,(I think), did the investigators look at them as well? I was reading something about her the other day and wondered. Thx..

This is by no way related. Eve was a young and bright young woman attending UNC and was taken from her home and driven to an ATM to get money. She was then shot and left for dead on a street. Wonderful girl with a huge and bright future murdered by a couple of thugs looking for an opportunity.

This is by no way related. Eve was a young and bright young woman attending UNC and was taken from her home and driven to an ATM to get money. She was then shot and left for dead on a street. Wonderful girl with a huge and bright future murdered by a couple of thugs looking for an opportunity.

And they had tons of evidence to prove it, IIRC.

OH, my mistake....I thought you were referring to UNC-Chapel Hill....not UNC Charlotte.

OT-Again this person is not referring to Eve Carson. They are referring to Irina Yarmolenko.

No one ever mentioned the case all the way up in Chapel Hill was related. I believe those 2 guys were in a gang and just wanted some money. Very freaky though, and no, they did not know her or who she was, they just grabbed her and the car and made her get money and then shot her in the head and took off :(

And Jenna Nielsen's killer still has not been found.

rwesafe...none of us have seen enough evidence to assure a conviction.
Most have pointed out obvious holes in the state's case.
What is blatantly obvious, is you refuse to acknowledge anything that looks suspicious on the part of Brad Cooper. You seem to be fighting even common sense very hard.

That's exactly what I think is soooo weird...

And they had tons of evidence to prove it, IIRC.

Yes, Still is disturbing to me....my daughter was a student at the same time and lived blocks from Eve. Eve was an exceptional young woman with so much to offer the world.

:clap: Ya know, in all the time I've been thinking about this and possible situations, it has never occurred to me that the window was that narrow. I have been thinking that he might have been in a hurry because the sun was coming up and folks might have been out and about, but not that she might have been found BEFORE she would have left to go running.

Great Point!

I agree!

The place where she was dumped was probably the last place someone would want to run. The other streets were long and lovely with nice homes. This little spur was like a twig with a turn around. Why bother to run there?

Besides that, it makes NO sense that Nancy would EVER choose that place to run, and go there from her home. No one in their right mind would run on Holly Springs Rd., which you'd have to go on to get to where she was found. I even hate driving on HS Road. It's not safe, outdated.

Her own neighborhood was vast and had plenty of sidewalks and homes everywhere, and led to the Java Jive and the Lochmere Lake with the sidewalk around it. No way would a person choose the route that led to her death, if they were a runner with a brain.

Yes, Still is disturbing to me....my daughter was a student at the same time and lived blocks from Eve. Eve was an exceptional young woman with so much to offer the world.

OT/ My niece was there too and knew Eve. If was very upsetting and scary at the time. (But obviously unrelated to Nancy.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member