State v Bradley Cooper - 3/24/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious runners can go through running shoes pretty quickly. Mine tend to become my "running errand shoes" when I've replaced them with a new pair.

I haven't heard this morning's testimony yet. Did JY say he asked for the pair she normally wore or did he ask for her running shoes?

What he said is that he asked what shoes Nancy normally wore and Brad described them as light blue. They went to the laundry room shoe rack and Brad gave him the right shoe from a pair. (They kept emphasizing right shoe so I'm guessing this is where "the pair of two left shoes" comes from.) Once they were done, the detective handed the shoe back to Brad.

There were two things that struck me as odd. The dress she wore the night before was one. I would have expected something more like what ncsu95 said about his abilities. I would expect most husbands to say, "I have no idea what she was wearing." For him to state it with such certainty no matter what color and with the details of exactly what straps seems odd, out of the ordinary. The other was when the detective asked for the running shoes she normally wore. You would expect something like, "Well she went running so she's wearing them." I don't know. That whole initial encounter just seems strange to me.

By the way, I went downstairs to see what my wife was wearing. It's a teal green print top. I had to laugh at the irony.

Ummm...trying to mislead so the dress was not located right then.

And yes, Brad did say the dress had 'thin straps.' What guy would remember this kind of detail???

What would be the purpose in that? If he was going to wash it to get rid of evidence, he would have already done so at that point.

I just find it hard to believe that Brad said to Diana Duncan "the dress was black" and from that point on Diana Duncan went along with the black dress story and at no time when looking for the dress with CPD present did she say "no I think the dress may have been green" or even "I really don't remember what she had on"

I mean if Brad has the ability to completely change her recollection simply by saying "black dress" he has mastered the jedi mind trick and anything is possible.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Now that's funny. I'm picture him waiving his hand like Obi-wan saying "it was black"...then DD gets this glazed look in her eyes and says "it was black".

Well, the actual dress did NOT have thin straps from what I could observe. So this was yet another tip from Brad to mislead the person searching for THE dress.

Or maybe he was guessing at what he thought she wore. Maybe she wore that dress the day before.

I looked at a pic on WRAL of DD holding up that dress and the view of the bodice from the rear didn't indicate any sort of strap, thin or thick. I think he described a dress that was totally unlike THE dress to both JY and DD so it would not be discovered that day.

Again, what would be the purpose in hiding it? If he knew...and he washed it...go get the dress and say it was washed with the rest of the laundry this morning.

I'm not understanding. BC said the dress was blue (I'd say close enough for a man) and DD said it was black. BC was correct, DD was not.

Possibilities: DD misunderstood the question (though I don't see how).

DD was one of the big drinkers in the group. Maybe she drank so much she didn't remember, but I'd still think women remember what other women wear to parties they were attending, esp. DD/Nancy, living across the street from one another.

Maybe DD was so shocked by the situation she just couldn't think clearly.

I WOULD HAVE POLLED THE OTHERS WHO WERE AT THE PARTY, but that's how I work as a big city message board cop. LOL

Didn't the friends usually take a camera to the parties? There was plenty of that going on in most other functions that some of us saw..

Ugh I have to run out to do some stuff. I hate missing testimony. Keep us posted folks!

I feel like he may have shown up at the Duncans and asked for help finding the dress NC wore that night and DD said the dress wasn't blue it was black when they were in the house. As she remembered it the dress was black so she said he asked to find the black dress.

Her testimony was that Brad specified the dress they were searching for was 'black'. IIRC, CD questioned it wasn't black, and again IIRC, DD said she later called a friend of their's and was told again the dress nancy wore was NOT black.

Wow, I was just reading this thread and for six whole pages the discussion is about the color of the dress. What is telling is how little evidence (none really) that the prosecution has presented that something like dress color would be the highlight thus far.

I've been watching it all like you guys. Am I the only one who thinks, thus far, the prosecution's case is laughable. I'm wondering how this made it passed a grand jury honestly.

Ummm...trying to mislead so the dress was not located right then.

And yes, Brad did say the dress had 'thin straps.' What guy would remember this kind of detail???

The same guy who 'remembers' the black & red sports bra, but nothing else? :fence:

Brad drove into the right side of garage on 7-13.
Walked around to front door....odd he didnt go in from garage

Det. Young is saying he's observed Brad pulling into the garage & getting out with Bella. They go in the front door of the residence. He does the same thing when bringing in the groceries. Front garage to front door at least 2 more times. Why didn't he go in through the door in the garage? Weird. This happened while Nancy was still considered missing.

Darn, I had to step out again. What did I miss? Heard something about Nancy not going to counseling with him......

Remember the ME's report (autopsy)? Very faint line across the fractured hyoid area?

We've discussed this before, but maybe whoever strangled her pulled her necklace that made the line, or something from her dress made that line while being strangled. OR, they could have been fighting, he wanted her necklace, so he jerked it off her neck. I'll stop now.

I think the sports bra was just put on her by her strangler (in my mind, BC) before he dumped her.

Shows you where I am. I just got back. They were recessing when I left.

Brad tells CPD on the morning of 7/12 he went to HT between 5:30am - 6am.

Brad says he watched Katie while Nancy washed clothes.

Brad said Nancy told them they were out of laundry detergent.

Brad said he returned to HT between 6am and 6:30am to get detergent & green juice.

So BC told the police that Nancy was doing the laundry that morning.

Brad claimed Nancy yelled upstairs asking for a sports bra.

Brad claims he told Nancy to check the banister where they dried clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniellelacy