State v Bradley Cooper - 3/28/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their financial situation was not the workings of an intelligent person. I don't believe their financial situation was all due to NC either.

I agree about the financial situation being mutual but I have to say that not all intelligent people are smart. Was it Frank Lloyd Wright who was bankrupt because he would do dumb things like buy 9 baby grand pianos? (I might be confusing my intelligent people but I think that's who it was.)

Isn't it weird to think that someone else has been living in that house for almost two years now? Wonder if they have made friends with the neighbors, are following the trial...must be made of strong stuff to buy a house where a murder might have occurred.

If Brad really stopped by Lowe's for the purpose of doing something to help Nancy, he would have exploited it by using it as another example of how great a husband he was.

It is possible it wasn't for her painting, but was for the remodeling of the bathroom. Maybe that was a weekend project he planned on working on and didn't want to stop on the way home because of the Duncan project. Just guessing obviously.

Its pretty clear the board is pro-he-did-it, so its nice to have your counter-perspective. But every time there is damaging evidence you seem to discard it, sometimes with decent reasons, and like I said I appreciate the counter-arguments.

But this is huge. Its a big deal because those shoes have gone missing on the same day his wife went missing. Is it just a coincidence he lost a pair of shoes that day? And during those 17 minutes he might have been disposing of the shoes (and other articles of clothing). But it doesn't matter, we don't need to see a video tape of Brad dumping shoes down a sewer drain to know he disposed of them. The prosecution would not be going down this path if the shoes had been found. Missing shoes = disposed shoes, or they would have been cataloged as evidence from the get go. Either the shoes were disposed of, or Brad hid them. Either way, it is one more piece of the puzzle, and it looks very damning.

My only caveat is I was surprised how this evidence was almost downplayed by the way the questions were asked and the answers given. I would have expected stronger answers from the detective about the shoes.

Don't forget the shoes, folks, I think we'll hear about them (I didn't say "see" them) again. The ADAs have lightly dismissed some things (as in the question about the necklace, when Zellinger said to young Young, something like "never mind for now."

They have driven us crazy on a few details like this. Although Cummings is slow and has his er's and um's, I think he's in the back room cooking up a bomb.

It is possible it wasn't for her painting, but was for the remodeling of the bathroom. Maybe that was a weekend project he planned on working on and didn't want to stop on the way home because of the Duncan project. Just guessing obviously.

Didn't he say he bought it for NC's painting? Or am I wrong about that?

Brad would have been better off if he had done nothing to try to create an alibi for himself. If he had made only 1 trip to the store. If he didn't try to use phone calls to try and prove Nancy was alive. If he didn't talk about all his cleaning. If he never mentioned he was up at/around 4:30am.

The state would not have had much on him if he simply said, "I didn't see her leave, I didn't know what she was wearing cause I didn't see her. We didn't discuss her early morning plans."

I can't wait for the TWC CDR's. If there is a call at 6:40am from the home phone to BC cell that is certainly going to cast a huge shadow of doubt for the jury and will be fully exploited by the defense. If there is no CDR from the home phone then this is certainly a nail in the coffin. I find it very hard to imagine that BC would not be aware of TWC CDR as a means to back the alibi.

Isn't it weird to think that someone else has been living in that house for almost two years now? Wonder if they have made friends with the neighbors, are following the trial...must be made of strong stuff to buy a house where a murder might have occurred.

I wonder about that, too. I was really thinking about today when they were showing so many pictures from inside the home. I was thinking how strange that would be to see pictures of the home I'm living in flashed on the screen for anybody who wants to see, while a detective talks about all the action that went on there in the not so distant past.

I can't wait for the TWC CDR's. If there is a call at 6:40am from the home phone to BC cell that is certainly going to cast a huge shadow of doubt for the jury and will be fully exploited by the defense. If there is no CDR from the home phone then this is certainly a nail in the coffin. I find it very hard to imagine that BC would not be aware of TWC CDR as a means to back the alibi.

Even experts are not experts in everything. Sometimes experts think they know more than they do. I can't speak to Brad but I will say that even the smartest people slip up and make mistakes and forget about some of the details that might trip them up.

So you guys think this shoe change really means he dumped her body and then the shoes in a dumpster somewhere in between HT visits? Not that it really matters, just curious at what you guys think.

I wonder about that, too. I was really thinking about today when they were showing so many pictures from inside the home. I was thinking how strange that would be to see pictures of the home I'm living in flashed on the screen for anybody who wants to see, while a detective talks about all the action that went on there in the not so distant past.

I was thinking about cleaning out my purse the other day when they talked about going through her purse and what was in it. I would hate to have my purse contents made public. :blushing:

Mr. Kurtz said in his opening it was at Nancy's request.

Yes he did say that!

so once again...why did Brad the good guy make time to go get the plastic tarp when ALL NANCY CARED ABOUT THAT DAY WAS HER WEEKLY ALLOWANCE? That's what had Nancy furious the rest of the day and well through the night!

No one seems to have a good answer for this. Or any answer at all.... crickets chirp loudly whenever I ask this.

Don't forget the shoes, folks, I think we'll hear about them (I didn't say "see" them) again. The ADAs have lightly dismissed some things (as in the question about the necklace, when Zellinger said to young Young, something like "never mind for now."

They have driven us crazy on a few details like this. Although Cummings is slow and has his er's and um's, I think he's in the back room cooking up a bomb.

Yep, Brad's shoes on the HT trip. Also, I am curious about the photos of all Nancy's jogging clothes and hats laid out...there is a reason for that..to take those pictures in groups. And, her dress...shown several times. There is still a lot to come I think.

Yep, Brad's shoes on the HT trip. Also, I am curious about the photos of all Nancy's jogging clothes and hats laid out...there is a reason for that..to take those pictures in groups. And, her dress...shown several times. There is still a lot to come I think.

Approximately what time did this evidence get shown today? I missed it and I want to find where that came in so I can watch it. ANYONE?

Even experts are not experts in everything. Sometimes experts think they know more than they do. I can't speak to Brad but I will say that even the smartest people slip up and make mistakes and forget about some of the details that might trip them up.

If this is the case and having good reason to believe that BC would be aware of CDR's then this would point to the murder not being premeditated. If premeditated then I would not expect a mistake like this.

So you guys think this shoe change really means he dumped her body and then the shoes in a dumpster somewhere in between HT visits? Not that it really matters, just curious at what you guys think.

I don't know that he dumped the shoes but I'm not sure. I wasn't able to devote my entire attention to everything today but I could have sworn that the question asked was, "Did you see these shoes again?" (or something like that) and the answer was, "No". But then I thought he added something like, "Not the way you see them here". I thought it looked like a layer of mud/dirt on the soles but without seeing a close up of the shoes, I have no idea what they look like clean.

Approximately what time did this evidence get shown today? I missed it and I want to find where that came in so I can watch it. ANYONE?

I think it was late in the day...maybe in the last half hour of testimony.....not 100% sure though. I was gone for most of it today.

I don't know that he dumped the shoes but I'm not sure. I wasn't able to devote my entire attention to everything today but I could have sworn that the question asked was, "Did you see these shoes again?" (or something like that) and the answer was, "No". But then I thought he added something like, "Not the way you see them here". I thought it looked like a layer of mud/dirt on the soles but without seeing a close up of the shoes, I have no idea what they look like clean.

Oh ok, I Just heard that part and Det JY specifically said he never saw any shoes like that during his collection of shoes from the house. (not his exact words but pretty close)

If this is the case and having good reason to believe that BC would be aware of CDR's then this would point to the murder not being premeditated. If premeditated then I would not expect a mistake like this.

I do not believe it was premeditated in the sense that he was planning it for weeks, days or even hours. I do think it happened but when you are strangling someone, at some point you realize that what you are doing will cause death and you can stop. That fits the definition of pre-meditation.

Maybe the people who stole Nancy's shoes have them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabella2320