State v. Bradley Cooper 3-29-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There has already been testimony that she was able to purchase a number of high dollar items.

Hummm..Sorry I didnt come on =board to this trial until day 5 or 6..Who would say that ( Brad?) or was it before the divorce proceedings??..and just what high ticket items would they be speaking to??..Sorry I cant accept nor deny it as a truth..Would you kindly direct me to who said this?? TYIA:waitasec:

ETA~~ Earings..and necklace..both items that were likely gifts...What else?

Okay, let's end this O/T discussion as it has nothing to do with this case. I shouldn't have brought it up but wanted to point out that there obviously are a lot of non-citizenship jobs here and they are not all farm jobs. It's hard for me to buy that she was trapped over this, especially since he did agree to help her, things were in the works, including the separation terms which would have allowed her to survive financially.

:banghead:

I don't think we have any real information on the status of the green card application. Unless and until somebody representing Cisco or the INS testifies that yes or no a Green Card has or has not been applied for on her behalf and possibly what the status of that application was, all we can really do is speculate.

They keep tip-toeing around it but no actual testimony has been offered about Nancy's green card or the status.

I feel bad for Detective Young - he has been on the stand for days. Has to be exhausting. :detective:

Kurtz is pushing the line right now, he is trying to get some information from this witness, it is soo obvious. re: if the victim had an extra marital affair or not

btw, its not working ... Det. Young is 10 steps ahead of Kurtz, he won't bite.

is the list of who is testifying in this case available ?

I checked a couple of weeks ago and could not find one for the prosecution nor the defense. Only number--something like 123 witnesses for the pros. and 118 for the defense.

For the same reason he said she went out running when HE and all her friends say she never ran alone and HE said she never ran on the particular road she was found on. I said I believe he premeditated the murder. I never said he was a career criminal or professional hit man. I think he made mistakes - huge mistakes. Otherwise, he wouldn't be in the mess he's in.

If he did do this, I'd be surprised if it was pre-meditated (planned) since I think he would have been much more thorough with how he dealt with the phone stuff. MOO

Hummm..Sorry I didnt come on =board to this trial until day 5 or 6..Who would say that ( Brad?) or was it before the divorce proceedings??..and just what high ticket items would they be speaking to??..Sorry I cant accept nor deny it as a truth..Would you kindly direct me to who said this?? TYIA:waitasec:

ETA~~ Earings..and necklace..both items that were likely gifts...What else?

8000 painting for one. I believe there was some jewelry in there as well.

I'm not saying he didn't buy anything, but she wasn't living on bread and water the whole time she lived in that house.

Maybe I should start a separate thread, but not sure, so just putting inline here.

My profile: this is my first post and first trial watching on WS. Married 20 years (happily). Wife is stay at-home-mom for two school-age daughters. Live in Apex. Work at a tech company in RTP.

My interest in the NC trial: Hoping our justice and legal system isn’t making (another) big mistake. Hoping an innocent man’s life isn’t ruined. I don’t know the families, the neighbors, nor any of the friends/colleagues. However, watching the process of this trial unfolding in our county/state, I am currently disheartened by the LE (for an apparent lack of evidence), the media (for always reporting the biased angle), and even a lot of my friends and family (for rushing to pass judgment on BC without knowing the facts).

My current position: I hope he did it. That is the only way this has a logical ending. However, I’m having a hard time believing that is what will happen. From following WS for about a week now (and not getting much real work done! :sigh: ), and trying to read up on some of the past threads, I am currently on the not-guilty side, and leaning toward actual innocence at this point. However, I could easily be swayed with just one piece of solid evidence.

So here is the reason for my post. There seems to be some rather dedicated sleuths out here, however, most of you are looking at all the “evidence” and testimony with the ‘he did it’ mindset. Fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion, and I’m not necessarily trying to change your opinion. What I want to ask, is to suspend everyone’s reality for a short time, and just pretend he didn’t do it? Let’s get everyone’s brainpower focused on trying to find a different course of events that day. Let’s assume (I know this is a stretch for most of you :winko: no offense intended, just a joke), but can we assume that Brad isn’t lying about anything, and that there is some other explanation for what happened to NC that day? Maybe all of you have gone through this exercise in the past, but I just don’t understand how so many people here can be so convinced that he did it. I don’t watch the trial, and actually, have never seen footage of BC talking, so I don’t have the ‘emotional’ reaction to whether he is a good guy, bad guy, whatever. But from what I read, this guy seems not much different from a lot of people I work with, and to a point, myself included…except for the ‘maybe he killed his wife’ part. I get that he is quiet and reserved (as a lot of engineers are); I get that he is messy around the house/yard; I get that he has a clean car that he uses for work; I can see how being in a troubled marriage can shut you down and seem emotionless ; I can see how I would take my children’s passports if my spouse was threatening/planning to leave the country with them; I can see withholding an allowance if my spouse is making her own money (I know I’ll take some heat for this one, so let me explain…this isn’t like a child’s allowance, this is more like a family budget. If my child makes extra money, good for her, she still gets her allowance. But my wife…if she earns money, it goes into the pot like my income does…it doesn’t change the cash outflow…the budget is still $300. Not sure how much she was getting paid for painting…if less than the $300, then she was due some money; if more than $300, then she was obligated to contribute to the other family expenses…IMO); I can certainly understand a man not having a clue what his wife wore last night…….as others on this board, and me without the emotional attachment/detachment of seeing live footage/live responses/facial expressions of those involved, I have been able to reasonably justify most of what Brad did during those days. I have not perceived him as a controlling husband (in terms of the passports and allowance), nor a bad person. I cannot condone his affair, but have not been in a situation of living in separate bedrooms, middle of a divorce…perhaps affairs were tolerable/agreed upon in this marriage.

Ok, (I know, long post, sorry)…so if I am Brad, and I’m telling the truth (in my alternate reality here)…you all know the story – come home early from party, put kids to bed, NC comes home around midnight, wake up at ~4:15 (or whatever) to take care of daughter, go to store twice during the 6:00 hour. No funny stuff with the phones…just normal usage, checking VM, surfing the web, wife calling me, etc. Come home with HT items. NC tells me she’s going jogging that morning…maybe she is, maybe she isn’t – I don’t really care anyway. Few hours go by, I’m pretty upset she didn’t come home to watch the kids, and now people are questioning where she’s at. I have no idea. Better start helping to look. Cops are getting involved. This is where I can’t continue thinking like BC. I’ve never been in a failed marriage, and my wife has never gone missing, but I can believe he is freaking out about now, and probably not acting like himself…can’t think straight, total brain shutdown or maybe brain overdrive, complete panic once he realizes that something terrible may have happened and that he may be the primary suspect. He knows the odds that everyone assumes it is the husband, he knows NC has been trashing him to all their neighbors, he knows they will find out about the divorce papers. From what I can tell, he cooperated pretty good in his situation…I’m sure he could tell LE had a negative attitude towards him. He was in a very difficult situation. So, again, if you consider he is telling the truth, how would you act at this point? I am sure I would struggle to remember every minute detail of the past several days. I’m sure that kind of interrogation is extremely stressful, and I would be upset that LE is not believing me.

I should go back and listen to the defense opening statements. What theories did they share? I’d really like everyone’s opinion on what else may have happened, and if you think any of the defense theories could be possible/accurate. Can we all seriously, not snarky, try to theorize other possibilities? Who are the alternatives? Who is the owner of the vehicle that created the short wheelbase tracks? What kind of vehicle was that? Do we even know if those tracks were from the right timing? Could there have been a construction vehicle/van trolling that area (remembering that white van that was reported as trolling Apex a few years ago)? Why was Nancy undressed…instead of jogging, maybe she went for a quickie, took all her clothes off, and her lover went overboard? If BC knew, or suspected, she was having an affair, he would definitely resent her even more now that she went and got herself killed, and he’s being blamed for it. I’m guessing no possibility of a suicide, so (if it’s not Brad) it would have to be random, lover, or lover’s jealous significant other. What other evidence is unexplained? What about the daughter saying that she saw the mother that morning? I know it’s hearsay, but I sure wish LE would have questioned the daughter. I’ve even considered everything is true up to she went jogging (including daughter seeing her that morning), BC followed her, and murdered her out there…then, there would be no evidence in the car, no struggle at the house, etc. Why didn’t the prosecution go down that path? Too risky to kill her in broad daylight?

IMO, I haven’t seen any facts (phone records/towers, shopping receipts, pictures of the house), enough circumstantial evidence (missing ducks, laundered (or not) dress, 2 left shoes, old love letters), or coincidences (cleaning the house, dump site near the neighborhood, different shoes in the 2 HT trips) that are that condemning. And I’m having a hard time believing that he was so perfect in his non-premeditated murder, dump, and clean-up. I can just imagine that we’re inspecting a couple days worth of a man whose life was falling apart, he’s trying his best to stumble onward through each day, and this terrible thing happens that completely turns him upside down. Until some real evidence, I definitely think that this scenario is possible.

Sorry for all the built up comments! Really enjoy reading everyone’s opinions, and thought it was about time to start contributing my own. Thanks!

Hello RTP..
My husband is an engineer as well in Cary. I also have a son graduating in EE at State, starting grad school in the Fall. Very familiar with the engineer mentality (hehehe)! My husband refuses to talk about things such as this, though, so one reason for seeking out this forum. He will give me 1 minute her and there and then say. "you know I have no interest in that trial".......oh well...I take that minute when I get it:)

Anyway, I agree with you somewhat about the murder and whole situation, except I don't think he followed her and murdered her on location. I think its possible, though, that she was pulled into a van of some type, easy clothes removed, pushed out at some point, and whoever disposed of the remaining clothes on down the road somewhere else. It could hae been someone she knew, or not. It may have been two. If she had on athletic shoes, those things can hurt kicking, whereas reason to be pulled off....not sure about socks, obvious about shorts and underwear if sexual intentions. Bra, too difficult, especially if she was sweaty, forget it. Mine is almost impossible after a sweat.....sorry to be gross, but if its a pullover and tight.....

My other thought is a rendevous with someone that she may have met down the street, whereas maybe she had on walking shoes, or some other type. Threats made.....things got bad....

I know some have mentioned the gal friends. I won't go there.....but, I have read about very desperate women before when they fear for losing their "man".

Back to the engineer part, obviously all engineers are different, my son is much more sensitive than my husband, but one thing I want to get in, my husband is a wonderful man, he loves me and I love him, he will do anything for me if I need it , it seems, but if I died tomorrow, he is very practical. I honestely don't think he would shed a tear, I have never seen him cry in 26 years of marriage. He accepts things as they happen and moves on. He would care, obviously, but he would not dwell on it, he would not call the police everyday if I was missing...he would wait for them to call him. His reasoning....if they have new information they will let him know. Its just the way his..I have to do all the worrying for us both:) The reason I mention this is all the talk about Brad never crying and it makes me think about how my husband would handle it. P

Someone mentioned that Nancy was forced to look after kids, pay bills, feed herself , and relied totally on whatever money Brad allowanced to her..I heard numbers between 80-300 a week...then I also heard that their water was cut off because of overdue payments..All I know is, Brad was the Breadwinner, and held all the purse-strings.....I tend to doubt Nancy had much in the way of ability to splurge on anything!! I dont even know IF she had a credit card??..

Just asaside..Divorce proceeding had been underway since April or even before her death in July!! Also her trip to visit her parants and sister that she had just returned form was totally funded by her folks..Including gas for her car and food and lodgings on their holiday!! Sad to say...Nancy had little or no ability to do much...but she was able to make a few bucks painting for others...sad sad!! She must have felt very trapped indeed!!:twocents:

Don't forget to include things for the children. My daughter is always complaining that one or more of the children have birthday parties to attend nearly every week-end. Parties where gifts are exchanged. Mom's take their kids to the pool, movies, museums, other activities, that cost money to get in, money for food, money to play games, etc. When we take our grandsons to even someplace like McDonalds, we don't get out without spending upwards of $25.00. Don't even mention Chuck E Cheese! Going someplace like Marbles or Hillridge Farms is very EXPENSIVE. :maddening:

Is the $300 a week fact? I don't know that anyone can prove that because there would be no record of how much cash he actually gave her even if he withdrew $300 every week.

Brad testified under oath in a deposition that they had agreed upon 80 % of whatever was left of his income after the monthly bills (credit cards, utilities, mortgage) would average around $1,200 a month. He did it usually depended on how much was left of his paycheck. Personally, I don't believe much of anything BC had to say under oath and with the threat of perjury over his head. Anyone who would kill their wife wouldn't blink an eye at lying under oath either. I tend to think he gave what HE wanted to each week and she'd just have to like it or lump it.

They keep tip-toeing around it but no actual testimony has been offered about Nancy's green card or the status.

I dont even know if that will even come in unless Prosecution has a portion delegated to Motives..and thats when Nancy's lawyer could tesify, and things like Insurance brokers could testify to monetary benefits...

As to her Green Card Status would only come in/ in a rebuttel format IF defense suggested She was capable of working, and was draining funds or taking advantage of Brad???..Suffice to say..she was not legally able to hold a job while living in the USA..Not to say she couldnt work say in Canada..to earn a living...It was not by choice on her part IMO

Now that was laugh out loud funny. "If he was thirsty, yes".

8000 painting for one. I believe there was some jewelry in there as well.

I'm not saying he didn't buy anything, but she wasn't living on bread and water the whole time she lived in that house.

If I'm understanding it all correctly, those high ticket items were purchased before the separation/divorce proceedings were begun--back when their marriage was on a better footing.

Kurtz: "Is it appropriate to have a Diet Coke while doing a search?"
Det. Young: "Yes sir, if you're thirsty."

HAHAHAHA!

Don't forget to include things for the children. My daughter is always complaining that one or more of the children have birthday parties to attend nearly every week-end. Parties where gifts are exchanged. Mom's take their kids to the pool, movies, museums, other activities, that cost money to get in, money for food, money to play games, etc. When we take our grandsons to even someplace like McDonalds, we don't get out without spending upwards of $25.00. Don't even mention Chuck E Cheese! Going someplace like Marbles or Hillridge Farms is very EXPENSIVE. :maddening:

Third Tuesday of every month from 5 -> close, Marbles is only $2. Just an FYI.

I guess we can get beyond the dropcloth issue. Young says it only dealt with him not mentioning on the 11th since he was running late.

Also, it is UNOPENED despite what people on here think they saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee