State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
NCSU95--how did the interview go? Wasn't that today? If so, I hope everything went well and you'll know something soon!

Your post are very entertaining......in a good way! I think I get what you are saying. Both sides are making their game of chess so apparent, we are left with a battle between them, rather than seeking the truth????

Yup. Precisely. It all started when....(kidding kind of) Kurtz accused the police of being inept and dishonest. DA's office and courts lit that on fire. Then it turns out to sort of kind of be true and that lit the defense on fire.

I still say the best thing is for the courts to impose a permanent ban on dating (for BC, not the residents of Lochsteria Lane) put a tracking device on him, postpone his case for five years and allow AS to hang him out to dry on a $100 million dollar WD civil case. Then pitch the charge and make him pay that amount to her family whilst working away. Everybody wins but NC, but let's be honest, she already lost. At least that way (the judgement,etc) I feel like something went her way and her kids can be taken care of via her family with BC's money.

I do too. I think the jury is beginning to see BZ as someone that will do everything from confusing the witness to putting words in their mouths to try to convict Cooper. That is not how it should be. If the prosecutor can't accomplish his task in a respectful, "clean" manner, I would be very suspecious of what else he is pulling.

I disagree. I think the witnesses are not that strong in their convictions. The defense tried to do the same thing with the prosecution witnesses and it didn't work. If a witness is truthful and convinced of the evidence being presented, they will not be "tripped up". MOO

The confusion came about because the DA got to him. Instead of him focusing on the job at hand.....he got caught up trying to defend the testimony with non-relevant answers. He should have stayed focused and answer the questions only. He was an unprepared, ill-tempered witness.....easy for the DA actually. JMO

I didn't see it that way. I honestly think Boz was confusing himself and the witness. And the witness was confusing Boz. It was just a big mess and I was so thankful to get that man off the witness stand for his own sake and everybody else's.

Well, this is my opinion, but BZ started off in the same condescending tone that he used with JW. Fortunately, his tone eased as the day went by, but he was doing his best to confuse the witness. I mean seriously....the prosecutions experts examined the phone before he ever did and said the phone was wiped and there was nothing on it. Yet he went off on the witness for not taking a photo showing that the phone was wiped when he turned it on? The only reasons photos were taken at all was to show the steps required to wipe the phone. Once again (just like with JW), he never challenged the actual testimony. And the testimony now looks worse than before since apparently the sim card wasn't wiped until September 29th, after the prosecutions witness performed his tests.

Yup. Precisely. It all started when....(kidding kind of) Kurtz accused the police of being inept and dishonest. DA's office and courts lit that on fire. Then it turns out to sort of kind of be true and that lit the defense on fire.

I still say the best thing is for the courts to impose a permanent ban on dating (for BC, not the residents of Lochsteria Lane) put a tracking device on him, postpone his case for five years and allow AS to hang him out to dry on a $100 million dollar WD civil case. Then pitch the charge and make him pay that amount to her family whilst working away. Everybody wins but NC, but let's be honest, she already lost. At least that way (the judgement,etc) I feel like something went her way and her kids can be taken care of via her family with BC's money.

Ouch! You really think it's "all about the money"? Do you have a daughter?

NCSU95--how did the interview go? Wasn't that today? If so, I hope everything went well and you'll know something soon!

It was last Thursday. It went well. I'll find out later this week. I just chose to lurk today. Thank you for asking.

The confusion came about because the DA got to him. Instead of him focusing on the job at hand.....he got caught up trying to defend the testimony with non-relevant answers. He should have stayed focused and answer the questions only. He was an unprepared, ill-tempered witness.....easy for the DA actually. JMO

Umm, I thought ONE more piece of evidence that hadn't been handed over being pointed out was not well for the ADA. Hence the anger. I realize some of it was driving his point home and theatrics, but some of that was genuine "If I get really angry and he gets really flustered, maybe I can pull a fast one".

Also, was this the witness that was supposed to be up, or was this a last second change-up from the decisions this morning.

I think we need to send Gessner some Starbucks gift cards before this is all over.

The confusion came about because he actually did try to reproduce the scenario on another phone in June of 09. So he did a re-enactment on another phone and then again on NCs phone in Sep 10. I found BZ to be completely unprofessional today. He kept intentionally (in my opinion), calling the phone Brad's phone or throwing out wrong dates on purpose to try and impeach the witness. I could see once, but he probably called that Brad's phone at least 5 different times.

He tried every dirty trick in the book. BZ asked the witness if he was personally invested in the case. I think that question needs to be directed at the prosecutor. He seems to be taking this very personally and if anyone appears to have lost all neutrality, it is the prosecutor. He's presenting a case, but it seems like he's fighting for his job.

And we can call this "Johnfear Justice" Sorry to say.....fact is you have more of this trial left, so just keep up the good humor!

Not sure I understand you here.

Usually the one doing the objecting is the one who will do the cross. Yes, SH seems to be gentle, if you will. But he's also the one Brad 'hung with' after Nancy's death, so he may hold some info. I'm unsure as to what he puts first, his friendship with Brad or assisting in a cover up. :(

He lost me when he made fun of the detective for using the term "puck" instead of "puk" or what would be the actual acronym "puc".

Dear DA CW:

Might I recommend that BZ not be allowed anywhere near any more defense witnesses.

This thing is already a mess and the high strung antics are making it worse. I understand he may be the only person in the DA's office with both a Myspace and a Facebook app on his phone, but in all honesty, he and Kurtz are beginning to look like what I imagine happens when siamese twins are separated that don't want to be separated do when put on opposite sides of a legal case.

You actually had a witness leave the stand today muttering the words "Thank God" within earshot of the jury. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you also apparently had ANOTHER witness come on websleuths to defend THEMSELVES.

I would recommend that maybe SS05 take over for HK and possibly NC95 as co-counsel with FD being allowed to continue her diligent research. I am fairly positive that GL and M74 could gladly pick up the pros. We have several knowledgable technical experts who would gladly provide etch-a-sketches and abacuses for the remainder of the testimony. If I shave my head, I can pull off the Gess-style of THJG. I already have the voice down just in case.

We just need a day or two to prep and we can pick up where this is leaving off.

Thanks,

JF

AND honorable moderators...you don't have to put me on TO. I am TOing myself and thinking that once this trial is over, I will need a seven day vacay at Holly Hill or another local facility to wipe the addiction from my brow and the drool from my chin.

Yeah, this thing is one elephant parade away from being a full-on circus.

:bananalama:

Ouch! You really think it's "all about the money"? Do you have a daughter?

A very young daughter, thanks. And no. It's not all about the money (even in my eyes with that post) but it's also apparently not about the truth of what really happened for anyone in that court room other than maybe the jury.

If I (or my ex) were to be yanked from my daughter's life, I would want that person to pay. I would want justice. And sometimes, taking away what they find to be precious (i.e. MONEY) is justice.

But the DA kept intentionally (in my opinion) wrong information like calling the phone Brad's phone over and over. Or getting the dates wrong. All of us were just as confused from what I read on here today. The witness held firm with what he found during his testing. That never changed.

I disagree. I think the witnesses are not that strong in their convictions. The defense tried to do the same thing with the prosecution witnesses and it didn't work. If a witness is truthful and convinced of the evidence being presented, they will not be "tripped up". MOO

Both of the defense's expert witness were not that 'expert'. The man today may have been but he came to court today somewhat unprepared. I think if they are experts, they should testify with that demeanor. Neither had written notes or protocols of exactly what they did, etc. The man today brought with him some notes, not everything...and some things he didn't document. And the defense had not prepped him securely. JW and, I've already forgotten his name of today, were not strong witnesses. Today's man was too easily rattled, it's kinda funny to think that he's a somewhat regular on Nancy Grace's show.

Meant to say, too, that I totally agree with you. If they are weak, it's the opposing side's job to find that weakness and act on it.

He tried every dirty trick in the book. BZ asked the witness if he was personally invested in the case. I think that question needs to be directed at the prosecutor. He seems to be taking this very personally and if anyone appears to have lost all neutrality, it is the prosecutor. He's presenting a case, but it seems like he's fighting for his job.

The prosecutor is fighting for one side only. Noone expects him to be neutral. A witness on the other hand should not be steering his evidence to benefit one side or the other. The evidence should just be what it is.

The way his story came across, he and Brad feel apart as friends. When Nancy was missing, he reached out to Brad because he felt bad for him. Brad turned to him for a place to stay. To me I wondered why Brad didn't have any friends that were closer to him that he could turn to. It's not evidence of anything but that is the one thing that really struck me as odd today. Brad just didn't seem to have any real friends. MOO

It seems to me that Brad (being the hard worker that he is/was - as stated by some witnesses on the stand even) didn't really have time to pursue strong friendships.

He worked long hours and he even completed his MBA.

Remember also, that he wasn't a native of the country either, so he wouldn't have old-time friends from school, or their history together and it just doesn't seem like he'd have had a lot of time to spend on that.

Aside from that, some people (quite normal people) like to have few friends.

He lost me when he made fun of the detective for using the term "puck" instead of "puk" or what would be the actual acronym "puc".

I honestly think that is the geek in him. Kind of like a cringe when people say ATM machine.

Usually the one doing the objecting is the one who will do the cross. Yes, SH seems to be gentle, if you will. But he's also the one Brad 'hung with' after Nancy's death, so he may hold some info. I'm unsure as to what he puts first, his friendship with Brad or assisting in a cover up. :(

I hope and pray he didn't help with any cover up. Although it's easy to imagine that his home tech toys may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member