State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of a bummer here is that, after the judge's ruling this morning, I guess we will never know what the prosecution was so intent on keeping from being exposed in the computer evidence.

We knew that the defense worked incredibly hard to keep the computer evidence out and then we ultimately learned why, the Google Maps thing. But, now we've seen the prosecution do the same thing (far more successfully) and we will never know what they were hiding.

I suppose if he wins the appeal and gets a new trial we may learn, but otherwise it will remain a mystery.

I agree with you. I have said many times I want this to be a fair trial. It's the only way I will feel comfortable with either a not guilty or a guilty verdict.

I understand what you are saying and I agree...it was unprofessional (an yes, IP is internet protocol :crazy: )

I do have one that drove me nuts but it wasn't IP. I can't think of what it was now. (I retired last May and tried my best to erase all that.)

That was in 2008. We're now in 2011 and phones have come a VERY long way in the last three years. I will be shocked if that is not brought up in closing by the state.

Cheyenne,

Sure cell phones have gotten smarter and added functionality in the last 3 years. But Det. Young, bless him, did not know what a dang Sim card was in 2011. He had absolutely no business touching that cell phone, and trying to retrieve anything.

Hindsight is indeed 20/20, but the state mishandled potentially incriminating or possibly exculpatory evidence. The fact is we will never know. But in the end the state failed in its duty, and the jury may well punish that failure, with a NG vote........

The only times people can get tripped up is if they have lied or they are not sure of what they are saying in the first place. If NC's friends and the Lochmere crowd get tripped up, then they did it to themselves. I am very much looking forward to further testimony from that group.

I personally know of 1 person who has been subpeoned by the defense. Let's just say this person is very nervous and not looking forward to being brought back on the stand again.

I think a lot of NC's friends and previous witnesses stated things due to feelings and emotions....some of them maybe not as truthful as one would have hoped. They testified with their hearts. I think Kurtz is going to have a field day with these individuals. We will learn who embellishe the truth and how it will hurt their credibility in relation to this trial

Oh dear, I say ATM machine. What's wrong...the double machine?

I won't make fun of you, but yes it's automated teller machine. But my wife drives me crazy with her use of good instead of well. The prosecution did good instead of the prosecution did well.

I won't make fun of you, but yes it's automated teller machine. But my wife drives me crazy with her use of good instead of well. The prosecution did good instead of the prosecution did well.

I will be dedicated to not using 'ATM machine' ever again in my vocabulary.
The one that bothers me is hot water heater.

The only times people can get tripped up is if they have lied or they are not sure of what they are saying in the first place. If NC's friends and the Lochmere crowd get tripped up, then they did it to themselves. I am very much looking forward to further testimony from that group.

That's not necessarily true. I don't believe this witness lied. And I don't believe he wasn't confident in his testimony. BZ was throwing crap out there all day. And what ever happened to the important picture he printed out that he had to go next door to get?

I wholeheartedly agree with that. The little smirks to the jury were not appropriate as well as his inability to shut up when the judge sustained an objection. I do believe his testimony was truthful and thorough though...but he didn't help himself up there.

Especially considering the fact that he's putting himself out there as a consultant/expert witness at trial. Today was a very bad "interview" for his skills. Granted, most of what he does is not murder cases involving a very tech savvy defendant. He helped find a missing girl. I admire his skills in that regard. I think he was out of his element in this trial.

Kind of a bummer here is that, after the judge's ruling this morning, I guess we will never know what the prosecution was so intent on keeping from being exposed in the computer evidence.

We knew that the defense worked incredibly hard to keep the computer evidence out and then we ultimately learned why, the Google Maps thing. But, now we've seen the prosecution do the same thing (far more successfully) and we will never know what they were hiding.

I suppose if he wins the appeal and gets a new trial we may learn, but otherwise it will remain a mystery.

Actually, the defense wants to do an offer of proof so it is part of the record for appeal. Looks like we will get to hear it Thursday afternoon (and probably Friday afternoon). The jurors won't, but I assume it will be broadcast for us.

Many people use their PIN number when they go to the ATM machine.

I agree with you. I have said many times I want this to be a fair trial. It's the only way I will feel comfortable with either a not guilty or a guilty verdict.

Yes, NC, you have been most fair in your wanting BC to have a fair trial. Honestly, I usually favor the prosecution, but something has nagged at me about this case from the beginning. Again, it was probably the neighborhood ganging up on BC from the beginning and the CPD going along with it. I do not feel like BC has gotten a fair trial for a number of reasons from handling of evidence to wiping the cell phone clean and now fighting so hard to get rid of the defense expert on the google map search. I am very dissapointed not to be able to hear the forensic expert testify. All of this is IMO

Cheyenne,

Sure cell phones have gotten smarter and added functionality in the last 3 years. But Det. Young, bless him, did not know what a dang Sim card was in 2011. He had absolutely no business touching that cell phone, and trying to retrieve anything.

Hindsight is indeed 20/20, but the state mishandled potentially incriminating or possibly exculpatory evidence. The fact is we will never know. But in the end the state failed in its duty, and the jury may well punish that failure, with a NG vote........

Agreed. He screwed up. (If I could get 10 bucks for everytime I have said that during the course of this trial I could go out to dinner....twice!)

I don't think the cell phone had as much important information as some people do. Geez, NC was not even carrying the cell phone on the alleged "jog run". I suspect the defense is actually relieved that the phone was erased because all it was going to show is that the phone never left the house, as well as NC.

I can answer almost none of those questions because I didn't get to hear the testimony or the cross of the state computer expert. I will say that if he did testify that the search was to locate a body dump location, I would disagree. He would have no way of knowing why the defendant was searching that location prior to the murder.

Fair enough...I didn't either. I was going by FDs notes. I found her posts of those notes to be impartial since she was typing what she wrote without comment, including stuff she didn't understand.

That's not necessarily true. I don't believe this witness lied. And I don't believe he wasn't confident in his testimony. BZ was throwing crap out there all day. And what ever happened to the important picture he printed out that he had to go next door to get?

Today's witness gave me the impression that he has had pretty much a free reign in his expert testimony in previous cases. Another inflated ego much like JW. He didn't get it today, and not very much respect, and it rattled him several times. I think he is probably excellent at what he does, although his expertise didn't shine through during his testimony-- mostly his anger, frustration and distaste for Boz is what we saw.
I don't know about that print out because I don't think they ever got back to it.

The prosecutor is fighting for one side only. Noone expects him to be neutral. A witness on the other hand should not be steering his evidence to benefit one side or the other. The evidence should just be what it is.

At the very least, the prosecutor does not need to tell a witness what they are saying on the stand is different from what they told police (child psychologist). That was a lie. The prosecutor lied a few times to mislead the jury and confuse the witness. Today the prosecutor repeatedly said the defendant's phone instead of Nancy's phone. He wanted to confuse the testimony so that if the jurors try to go back and review the transcripts, it will be a jumbled mess. The prosecutor is using mind games or head games, and I think those tactics have no place in determining whether a man is innocent or guilty of murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angelicbexy