State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You really haven't missed a thing. Mostly drama between the opposing attorneys....as usual. Hope you get to see the afternoon testimony. We left off at a place with JP that may get a bit explosive--something about Nancy's saying something that made him mad. He has denied ever being mad or upset with her. It's up next--whatever it is.

Thanks NCEast. I really appreciate that.

I'd like to know why AS is sitting with the Rentz family today.

WDS waiting in the wings?

Isn't the statute of limitations two years for that cause of action? Otherwise, I'd think so.

Is that Alice Stubbs sitting with the Rentz's? Wearing a blue top.

I think you're right! The camera was on her long enough for me to feel that it is she. She's still their attorney -- I'm glad she's able to be with them.

What stood out to me was JP's testimony re: his conversation with NC at the coffee shop and that NC had said something to the effect of 'we should go for a run together'. JP said he didn't consider it a serious invitation and he had no idea where the route was she was talking about (Regency).

Then, when listening to the recorded interview with CPD JP not only knows the route, but offers very, very specific details regarding where she 'might' have run. He then announced that he had gone (SUN morning 7/13) to look for her where "no one else would". This certainly suggests he felt he was very familiar with her running habits.

Resuming testimony and once confronted, he stutters, stammers, and starts with the "I meant if if I were NC I would have run here...here...IF it was me...that's what I meant". Sure thing pal.

I wonder if he is hiding the fact that they did run together? or that in the past they have 'met' (pre-arranged or not) while NC was out for a run.

He is putting a lot of effort into putting as much distance between himself and running+NC...too much.

I really would like to know what Mr. & Mrs. R are thinking about now....If I were in their shoes
I would be thinking perhaps BC is innocent and wouldn't it be wonderful if it could be proved
beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone else did this to our daughter. Then the children
would at least have a father........ just thinking out loud...... For the sake of the children, I would love to have others mentioned looked at.......

Since Mrs. R knew from looking at BC that he did it, I doubt this is changing their minds. jmo of course.(but I do trust her instinct)

I have thought the whole time this guy lied to the police from the start. I haven't seen his testimony here though, yet.

I think if he'd been a decent person he would have told the whole truth when asked. Did he care nothing at all that NC was murdered? Just cared about trying to cover his own tracks?

I would have liked to see him charged with something for lying to the police, IMO. Lying impedes an investigation by requiring resources to sort out the lies and then muddies the trial later on, as it does today.

Some believe it is possible (or probable) that someone who knew NC other than BC killed her. This guy telling only what he has to at any given moment puffs up that theory, IMO.

I'm not trying to come across as cross to you, but this guy I have had a low opinion of for quite a while.

I think there is more to the story of himself and NC and the content of those calls in 2008 that he's not divulging. I don't know if he necessarily lying, but it doesn't seem like he's divulging everything. It's just a gut instinct, I could be wrong.

Did he mention what the nature of his relationship with NC was in 2007? He certainly was talking with her for long lengths of time.

I think you're right! The camera was on her long enough for me to feel that it is she. She's still their attorney -- I'm glad she's able to be with them.

I'm only throwing out a guess here but I'm wondering if her purpose for being in court today is because they expect the defense to make an issue of the paternity of the youngest child.

I really would like to know what Mr. & Mrs. R are thinking about now....If I were in their shoes
I would be thinking perhaps BC is innocent and wouldn't it be wonderful if it could be proved
beyond a shadow of a doubt that someone else did this to our daughter. Then the children
would at least have a father........ just thinking out loud...... For the sake of the children, I would love to have others mentioned looked at.......

I'm pretty sure they know the man seated in the defendant's chair is the right person to be sitting there. I imagine they're scared half to death that their daughter's killer is going to walk out of that courtroom a free man. I hope they have plans for a civil lawsuit if that happens.

I'd like to know why AS is sitting with the Rentz family today.

WDS waiting in the wings?

I don't expect you to tell me here, but can you lead me to where what WDS might stand for. I'm either having a senior moment or a brain fart - it's hard to tell which one.

I'm only throwing out a guess here but I'm wondering if her purpose for being in court today is because they expect the defense to make an issue of the paternity of the youngest child.

That was my very first thought when I saw her with the R. family. I was hoping that particular testimony could be avoided--for the sake of the R. family. However, it may be crucial to know the truth for all involved. If the younger child is JP's....then that may throw him into another light altogether.

It's not an implausible suggestion. The date of the shower and couch episode 10/31 +/- a few days either way (witness testimony = 'we started intercourse') is definitely where it would have to be in order for JP to be the father of NC youngest.

I don't expect you to tell me here, but can you lead me to where what WDS might stand for. I'm either having a senior moment or a brain fart - it's hard to tell which one.

LOLOLOL! I wanted to ask but didn't. Lead me too please.

Isn't the statute of limitations two years for that cause of action? Otherwise, I'd think so.

You're right. I'd forgotten about that.

Any other ideas on why she is in court with them today?

I think there is more to the story of himself and NC and the content of those calls in 2008 that he's not divulging. I don't know if he necessarily lying, but it doesn't seem like he's divulging everything. It's just a gut instinct, I could be wrong.

Did he mention what the nature of his relationship with NC was in 2007? He certainly was talking with her for long lengths of time.

Another guess here but since HM was his girlfriend at the time, I'm guessing he was more inclined to try to hide things from her rather than the police.

wrongful death suit I figured. but the statute on that I think is 2 years.

I have thought the whole time this guy lied to the police from the start. I haven't seen his testimony here though, yet.

I think if he'd been a decent person he would have told the whole truth when asked. Did he care nothing at all that NC was murdered? Just cared about trying to cover his own tracks?

I would have liked to see him charged with something for lying to the police, IMO. Lying impedes an investigation by requiring resources to sort out the lies and then muddies the trial later on, as it does today.

Some believe it is possible (or probable) that someone who knew NC other than BC killed her. This guy telling only what he has to at any given moment puffs up that theory, IMO.

I'm not trying to come across as cross to you, but this guy I have had a low opinion of for quite a while.

I totally get that. Didn't say he wasn't creepy. Half-truth is not the whole truth and covering his *advertiser censored** seemed to be his highest motive. And if he lied under oath...well....then he has his own row to hoe. Thanks.

Oh, sorry!

Wrongful Death Suit

But it suggests that there is more to the story than JP is letting on.

Why does it suggest that? It doesn't seem like a lot of calls, was it 7 calls in the two months prior to Nancy's murder? Weren't a number of those for a minute? Like either a non answer or leaving a shor message on a machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l