State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The moral of the story is that anything you say to the police can (and in the case of murder, probably will) be used against you for any reason they choose fit. Police are even allowed to lie to you when you give them statements.

Check out www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik and part 2 which is listed after part 1. This is a law professor spending 30 minutes detailing some of the ways his clients have gotten into trouble just by talking to the police. Really eye opening if you watch it.

Most of you probably have no interest but it is something I highly recommend everybody watch at least once.

My takeaway is that people will not give the police any information again because a defense attorney may decide to humiliate you in public for no other reason than to take the focus off of their client. Everyone was so upset about what the prosecution did to JW in bringing up his facebook page. This is INFINITELY worse! MOO

He just said, "I hope you understand I'm really concerned about my kids....My reputation is very important." LOL. Teach them to be honest and respect relationships and other people; that's probably a better thing than hoping a whole community will respect not telling the lousy things you do.

Do I believe he's concerned about HIMSELF and his kids? Yes I do. That's not a crime. He did some sleazy things. Of course he didn't want it to be disseminated publicly. It had nothing to do with the murder. Who wouldn't have some sense of self-preservation, if not a sales guy who likes to have a couple girlfriends at the same time?

What does that have to do with Mr. Cupper murdering his wife in the early hrs of 7/12/08? NADA.

I'm on the BDI side but this guy lied to the police and as he talks now was pretty open that his main concern was protecting himself. He was not trying to assist.

Other people yes. But this guy, I just don't agree. At every point so far, he has had only one concern: himself.

I don't think that sinks the state's case. But he should be called out at the very minimum for lying.

I was not meaning anything about what you said about this guy. I agree - he's a loser and a player. I was meaning that first it was JA, then HP, then DD - list goes on and on - that a group of people continually say are suspicious ... add to that list now this guy. Everyone seems suspicious to them except the one person who quit talking to the LE, that lied to LE to begin with, that did not cooperate with police, did not go to the police station for an interview and I just can't wrap my head around those thoughts.

He just testified this AM that he had NEVER been angry with NC at all. Now he just said "NC told BC some bull**** lie about me"

He's so concerned with what he told him, why?

I don't think he has anything to do with anything, but he's incredibly concerned about what the power of 'rumors' will do to him. That may tell you a little of how a rumor grows with that group of people.

He says Nancy told a BS lie about him. Told Scott something...who told Heather...who apparently told John.

OMG - "what did I offer you today" => "am I a suspect"?

I get it - I just didn't want somebody else to get in trouble because I asked a question. I suspected it was him, but wasn't sure. Not that it matters at all anyway. I just noticed they were passing notes and wondered if it might be him.

I did it by initials out of respect of having his countenance, if sideways profiled, his voice and his name in the same place.

If I'm ever interviewed by the police, I'm spilling everything. I don't care who tries to 'use' it against me or tries to embarrass me. If it helps, great. If not, oh well.

I was not meaning anything about what you said about this guy. I agree - he's a loser and a player. I was meaning that first it was JA, then HP, then DD - list goes on and on - that a group of people continually say are suspicious ... add to that list now this guy. Everyone seems suspicious to them except the one person who quit talking to the LE, that lied to LE to begin with, that did not cooperate with police, did not go to the police station for an interview and I just can't wrap my head around those thoughts.

This guy is a loser. So far by 3:30 I don't see that changing my opinion of the case. However, it was critical they follow up with this guy, who has stated several times how critical he feels that it is that everyone keep secret his bad behavior and then called out NC for her bull**** lie that he certainly did not want her to keep repeating.

ETA: I do agree with your point. Brad's depo is the best evidence against him, IMO.

Kurtz asking about BS lie that < John says> didn't make him angry...that Nancy thought John had feelings about her?

Him saying "I am very worried about my reputation" on this video broadcast to the internet is a classic! :D No need to worry now, it's all ruined already!

So conspiratorators: why didn't the CPD choose this guy instead? He's sleazy, he's slimy. Why poor Mr. Cupper? Doesn't sound like JP is too popular. I'm sure he has his enemies.

I mean in the grand scheme of conspiritorating, you'd think this guy would be an easy target, no?

Do I believe he's concerned about HIMSELF and his kids? Yes I do. That's not a crime. He did some sleazy things. Of course he didn't want it to be disseminated publicly. It had nothing to do with the murder. Who wouldn't have some sense of self-preservation, if not a sales guy who likes to have a couple girlfriends at the same time?

What does that have to do with Mr. Cupper murdering his wife in the early hrs of 7/12/08? NADA.

It means if he was involved with her death he definitely would not come forward with that information.

The theory he offered as to her death has nothing to do with 'Mr. Cupper' ;)

You seem very upset by the testimony/interviews. Even if you are firmly in the BDI camp, its okay to acknowledge that this witness is hurting the pros case (he is).

Uh oh...bringing up K. Nancy confirmed/agreed no chance K was his.

Nancy/John didn't get to the level <intimacy>of being able to get pregnant.<witness testimony>

It means if he was involved with her death he definitely would not come forward with that information.

The theory he offered as to her death has nothing to do with 'Mr. Cupper' ;)

You seem very upset by the testimony/interviews. Even if you are firmly in the BDI camp, its okay to acknowledge that this witness is hurting the pros case (he is).

This guy doesn't help anyone. He doesn't hurt anyone either. He's just a dude who had a drunken night in which he got nekkid with Nancy in Oct 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech