State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know the employer so that I could never do business there again. Grrrrrr.

I hope the juror did not fret too much over this -- but it might be tricky when he/she returns to work -- hope not. Good for Gessner getting on it right away.

I wonder if it's a national employer or a small, local firm. Whoever they are - idiots. But it happens every day (discrimination).

This is what confuses me. Why wouldn't you, if you were BC, go get the ducks and say here, test this duck bill for dna. You won't find any. Ha ha ha. If I was innocent and accused of killing somebody with a duck, that's what I'd do.

Its too bad that that list of questions sent to defense for Brad to answer didnt have that simple question..Where are the ducks and sticks?...

Brad never did speak to LE other than thru lawyer after evening of July 15th,2008..I dont blame him..but that is factual...and its a shame that particular querry wasnt asked...

Would love to know the employer so that I could never do business there again. Grrrrrr.

I hope the juror did not fret too much over this -- but it might be tricky when he/she returns to work -- hope not. Good for Gessner getting on it right away.

Yeah, they could make her/his life he!! when the trial is over (retaliation).

Since I was out most of the day, I'm just listening to the videos now (while cooking dinner!). I do not find LH's testimony offensive, rude, or anything? First of all, when she introduced herself as a mechanical engineer, I thought - ok, that's it. She is not going to be Ms. Personality (sorry to all you engineers, but you're not usually the life of the party in my circles!). She is matter of fact, but is talking about what a great person NC is - is saying absolutely nothing derogatory about either of them?

Why was she being bashed?

I think because she did not say the right things according to some folks and was condenscending. I think she is a typical engineer with very good and to the point answers. Guess they also did not like some of the stuff she testified to.

Since I was out most of the day, I'm just listening to the videos now (while cooking dinner!). I do not find LH's testimony offensive, rude, or anything? First of all, when she introduced herself as a mechanical engineer, I thought - ok, that's it. She is not going to be Ms. Personality (sorry to all you engineers, but you're not usually the life of the party in my circles!). She is matter of fact, but is talking about what a great person NC is - is saying absolutely nothing derogatory about either of them?

Probably because she did not do much of the gossiping, continued to be friends with NC and BC, and did not jump on the BDI bandwagon.

What are WE having for dinner? (That was a royal we.) Just kidding.

Today this trial went far beyond jumping the shark; it jumped the ducks. Not just once, but over and over again.

This is what confuses me. Why wouldn't you, if you were BC, go get the ducks and say here, test this duck bill for dna. You won't find any. Ha ha ha. If I was innocent and accused of killing somebody with a duck, that's what I'd do.

not the bill.....test the bottom edge of the duck.....the body of the duck fits in the hand with the back of the duck against the palm of the hand, turned, to make the sharp edge the one that contacts the neck. The smaller the surface area of a force, the greater the force delivered. Ever had a lady step on your feet with a high heel. the small surface area with weight or force behind it is what is capable of breaking the hyoid bone in one sure shot....especially if delivered by someone who has practiced his fore swing and is accurate at delivering such a long armed swing, such as a really good tennis player. Just a theory here.....but has anyone else got a theory about the murder weapon? She died due to hyoid bone fracture which is "diagnostic" of strangulation.

I agree - this is VERY UNCOOL and I hope the Sheriff's visit educates them properly. It's terrible for the person who was asked to resign to have to deal with this on top of the responsibility of passing judgment on this matter.

boo's and hisses to this employer.

At some point I posted a theory regarding physiology of hyoid bone fracture. I don't know how to find it since I am new here. and there I introduced the possibility of one of the wooden ducks being used as a weapon.

NOW, this is just my opinon as a HC worker who had decades of experiences with ER and unknown COD......and doubt very much a ducky would cause such a thing meaning hyoid fracture...that bone is deep in the throat and is more due to manual stangulation..depending of how high up/how low in the throat the pressure was applied...Given Brads hand size I wouldnt be surprised he could strangle Nancy with one hand and restrain with the arm, other hand..likely straddling..The thought of it is not pleasant..but have seen the results of such things:maddening:

Sorry folks, I have just seen too many gruesome causes of death in my lifetime..Cuts dont cause Hyoid Fractures from my experiences LAWsey..
Ligatures may or may not depending on positioning ..or snapping of the neck when tightened..Geesh this all brings back so many horrible visions for me :banghead:

So now the whereabouts and theories about the ducks are insignificant to the case. That's a lot of back pedalling.:floorlaugh:

Originally Posted by gracielee
What was the state's witness *wrong* about? JA testifed the ducks were present on the table in the front hall the day before nancy 'went missing' and the ducks were no longer there on the table after nancy 'went missing'. That was a true statement. The fact that all this time, the ducks were in Brad's civil lawyers office doesn't make JA's testimony 'wrong' IMO. Everyone, including all of us WS'ers, knew they were looking for the ducks. That they were in an attorney's office no less, you don't consider that to be concealing evidence in a murder trial? It would appear they took a lesson from Michael Peterson's blow poke IMO.

So now the whereabouts and theories about the ducks are insignificant to the case. That's a lot of back pedalling.

Exactly what in my statement deems the ducks insignificant? IIRC, many people think the blow-poke in the Michael Peterson case was a plant. A few people here believe one of the ducks to have been used as a murder weapon. Me, I don't suspect that, but I don't discredit it either. Everyone has their own opinions on how nancy was strangled. I do think some sort of object was used in the strangulation. Because the hyoid bone wasn't completely fractured, and there wasn't significant bruising completely around her neck. I'm of the opinion some sort of 'hold' or injury was used to render nancy immobile within seconds. Hence the lack of extreme neck bruising, defensive wounds, and lack of rope or other garrot type injuries to her neck.

Her testimony was perfect--short, simple and to the point. All witnesses should testify just like her. I just didn't care for her nor her husband. As others say, MOO.

NOW, this is just my opinon as a HC worker who had decades of experiences with ER and unknown COD......and doubt very much a ducky would cause such a thing meaning hyoid fracture...that bone is deep in the throat and is more due to manual stangulation..depending of how high up/how low in the throat the pressure was applied...Given Brads hand size I wouldnt be surprised he could strangle Nancy with one hand and restrain with the arm, other hand..likely straddling..The thought of it is not pleasant..but have seen the results of such things:maddening:

Sorry folks, I have just seen too many gruesome causes of death in my lifetime..Cuts dont cause Hyoid Fractures from my experiences LAWsey..
Ligatures may or may not depending on positioning ..or snapping of the neck when tightened..Geesh this all brings back so many horrible visions for me :banghead:

Anatomy and physiology was my favorite topic in college! Licensed professional, retired. I know what is possible, and how difficult it would be to break that bone. There were not signs of struggle, and I am not talking about a cut here. I am talking about a major targeted blow. It would be immediately incapacitating with sudden loss of airway due to the physiology of the fracture. It is terribly gruesome.....but would be a way to do the deed.

Either way I think it makes the defense look worse than the SA. Yeah, LE looks inept because they should have found the ducks in their search. But the defense knew where they were and withheld that info just so they could say "gotcha" in court after a lot of wasted time. How many jurors will appreciate that?

Especially the juror whose boss just asked for her resignation!!

It would have made a bigger boom if they dropped it when JA was on the stand, IMO.

I wonder if the employer knows the risks of firing after this is over...surely they could sue for wrongful termination, but there's no paycheck while you're suing and then looks bad for them when they try to get another job.

Either way I think it makes the defense look worse than the SA. Yeah, LE looks inept because they should have found the ducks in their search. But the defense knew where they were and withheld that info just so they could say "gotcha" in court after a lot of wasted time. How many jurors will appreciate that?

Originally Posted by gracielee
What was the state's witness *wrong* about? JA testifed the ducks were present on the table in the front hall the day before nancy 'went missing' and the ducks were no longer there on the table after nancy 'went missing'. That was a true statement. The fact that all this time, the ducks were in Brad's civil lawyers office doesn't make JA's testimony 'wrong' IMO. Everyone, including all of us WS'ers, knew they were looking for the ducks. That they were in an attorney's office no less, you don't consider that to be concealing evidence in a murder trial? It would appear they took a lesson from Michael Peterson's blow poke IMO.

So now the whereabouts and theories about the ducks are insignificant to the case. That's a lot of back pedalling.

Exactly what in my statement deems the ducks insignificant? IIRC, many people think the blow-poke in the Michael Peterson case was a plant. A few people here believe one of the ducks to have been used as a murder weapon. Me, I don't suspect that, but I don't discredit it either. Everyone has their own opinions on how nancy was strangled. I do think some sort of object was used in the strangulation. Because the hyoid bone wasn't completely fractured, and there wasn't significant bruising completely around her neck. I'm of the opinion some sort of 'hold' or injury was used to render nancy immobile within seconds. Hence the lack of extreme neck bruising, defensive wounds, and lack of rope or other garrot type injuries to her neck.

I'm curious now if the lawyer (female) who was in the room with AS and BC for the child custody depo. knew where they were the whole time?

That particular duck was never in question -- it didn't "disappear."

Why indeed were those 2 ducks put in a box, or put somewhere out of sight? Did they need to be washed first? This just may be one of those unexplained-forever things that just rattle around...

That's what I was thinking too. Cleaning the duck/s, checking them out closely for damage. I'm wondering where they were when the SW's were served.

And it was a swift and brutal murder, with no signs of struggle. I believe brad would have premeditated by knowing by searching a site on suicide....isn't that in evidence on his depo. He would have known that was just the right spot, and it wouldn't leave evidence of his hands around her throat, using the duck.....just left a thin line mark on her neck.

Kind of reminds me in a way of the craigslist killer's suicide.

Anatomy and physiology was my favorite topic in college! Licensed professional, retired. I know what is possible, and how difficult it would be to break that bone. There were not signs of struggle, and I am not talking about a cut here. I am talking about a major targeted blow. It would be immediately incapacitating with sudden loss of airway due to the physiology of the fracture.

TY for your response...however I do recll she had neck signs of stangulations..was I mistaken??

Next one could conceivably give a karate chop to fracture a hyoid bone if done in correct site..however, her neck from my recollection was evidence of manual stangulations with some sort of markings..which could have been from her necklace or ligature?? Who knows, since I havent seen those pictures and dont think they have even been published to the public...

Im not arguing, just pointing out that manual strangulations is more than likely here..why would a wooden ducky be used when he had two strong hands or arms to fullfill the same end??..The markings on the neck could very well have been from her necklace that was later removed..who knows..as I am sure Bradley will never tell??...

I more question why Brad felt the need to wash wood floors in that foyer July 12th..where specultive struggle took place??..I just doubt Brad ever had washed those floors ever before??..That is what troubles me about the front foyer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62