State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, you are the only one I have heard this from - that there should be no trace whatsoever of this call except for from the router. Others will have to back up what you are suggesting because it doesn't make sense to me.

To clarify: the four components are:

ROUTER--->TW----->Cell Provider---->Cell Phone.

The records were found at TW, at the cell provider, and on the cell phone.
Cisco IT is not involved.

Okay, you are the only one I have heard this from - that there should be no trace whatsoever of this call except for from the router. Others will have to back up what you are suggesting because it doesn't make sense to me.

If he had a router/fxo in his house on the 12th. He could have had a call manager installed on the router and also used kvm (keyboard & monitor instead of ssh, which could have left a trail on a PC) to get into it to program it. There wouldn't be any logs at Cisco for a call generated this way.

This questioning shows clearly their desire to "win" versus getting to the truth.

EXACTLY!! Both sides are trying to WN! (not exactly a news flash). Neither side is particularly interested in the truth at this point. They're all doing their jobs and for the most part doing them well. The opportunity for truth-seeking was in the hands of the Cary PD.

Sorta like a sports competition. Once the game starts, both teams are in it to win, not come to a scientific conclusion about which team has the most talent.

He said the kids broke their home wireless phone, so he thought it would be a good chance to test the new sip phones he could get via cisco, instead of having to buy a new system for the house. 12:06pm in the deposition.

Okay. Just to be clear though, the phones he wanted to test were different than cordless phones. It was replaced by the vTech cordless phones that plug into TWC.

But that doesn't make sense. He even said in his interview that he thought it was strange that she was going jogging in the morning (strange might not be the word he used). So he processed what she said and had internal dialog with himself about it. Again, this was a 2 way conversation about her jogging plans. It wasn't him listening and later imagining what she said. He asked her questions about it in response.

This is my only issue with his testimony. He actually had enough thought about it during the 1st interview to talk about the actual conversation. It wasn't that he said during the 1st interview 'I think she talked about jogging on Saturday' or 'She said she was thinking about jogging the next day'. He actually specifically remembered details.

Oh no!!! This witness is saying nice things about Nancy!! The defense will now commence to trash her. Poor lady.

The kids BROKE the phone, not that the phone was installed for the kids to use. Didn't he say they dropped it in the toilet or something?

So, if the last of the wireless phones in the house were broken, what phone were NC and the kids to use?

Did Mr. Lopez leave at 11 PM and NC stayed at the party until 12:30 AM - lots of time to change her mind even if that conversation did happen.

No doubt about that. Heck, she could have changed her mind at any point in time. But the question is did she tell PL that she was going jogging?

If he had a router/fxo in his house on the 12th. He could have had a call manager installed on the router and also used kvm (keyboard & monitor instead of ssh, which could have left a trail on a PC) to get into it to program it. There wouldn't be any logs at Cisco for a call generated this way.

So record of the call manager he would have needed to set up should have been found either on the computer or billing records, right?

So, if the last of the wireless phones in the house were broken, what phone were NC and the kids to use?

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me, or perhaps I wasn't clear! I'm sure it's the latter. I didn't meant they couldn't use the phone, but I don't think a 4 and a 2 2year old are the target users of the phone. I don't imagine them making phone calls on their own, without someone dialing and handing them the phone. I was simply responding to the comment that implied the system wouldn't have been installed with a Cisco number, because the kids couldn't use that. And I don't think that's the case. It's an IP phone, whether or not you attach it through Cisco, or TWC.

I find it a little humorous that those friends envisioned themselves (according to testimony) as something akin to 'desperate housewives'. There are some similarities: adultery galore, changing partners, neighborhood politics/dynamics. What I find ironic though is that the most important element is missing: that the obvious culprit is not the actual culprit. JP being the culprit should fit right in with that self-styled emulation.

Funny, after all of yesterday's sorted testimony, I went home last night and watched Sunday's episode of Desperate Housewifves that I had recorded. I sat there thinking, "this is boring compared to Lochmere!"

But that doesn't make sense. He even said in his interview that he thought it was strange that she was going jogging in the morning (strange might not be the word he used). So he processed what she said and had internal dialog with himself about it. Again, this was a 2 way conversation about her jogging plans. It wasn't him listening and later imagining what she said. He asked her questions about it in response.

Yes, but he said, "I thought it was strange that she would want to go jogging because it was so late"

Later he said the jogging conversation took place, "in the middle of the evening".

That doesn't make sense that he would think about her going running because they were up so late because at the time of the jogging conversation, it was not late. That sounds more like something that would have occured to him after he heard the news about her being missing. It sure sounds like a memory to me that was mixed in with his thoughts on seeing the initial news. Once his wife said, "You never mentioned that back in July" it would have dawned on him that he hadn't been accurate.

EXACTLY!! Both sides are trying to WN! (not exactly a news flash). Neither side is particularly interested in the truth at this point. They're all doing their jobs and for the most part doing them well. The opportunity for truth-seeking was in the hands of the Cary PD.

Sorta like a sports competition. Once the game starts, both teams are in it to win, not come to a scientific conclusion about which team has the most talent.

The prosecution has a different burden here than the defense. The prosecution is supposed to be in search of the truth, regardless where it leads. If they are simply trying to win at this point instead of getting to the truth, then they are not doing their job. The truth may very well be that BC did this, but I am just commenting on your post.

Someone posted the other day about how it is the responsibility of the prosecutor to try to reveal the truth. It should not be about winning. If there is exculpatory evidence on the computer, they should not be trying to hide it. I'm planning to file complaints to the NC Bar, not that it will make much impact but as at Wake County taxpayer, I feel it must be done.

So record of the call manager he would have needed to set up should have been found either on the computer or billing records, right?

No, not in that scenario. The record there would be on the router only (except for the record of the call going through TWC and on the cell phone).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member