State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and watch how fast the FBI experts on "another assignment" drop everything to review the router's logs. Of course the FBI wouldn't do that when the defense wanted some leeway.

I'm getting a little cynical with this whole case.

Convenient, isn't it?

I don't know what you mean about the clean trunk with no DNA. The SBI agents both testified the trunk was dirty, and slightly soiled (as in dirt and debris), not recently vacuumed, but they found no match with anything in this case. I believe they tested it for fiber comparisons with the rug and the sports bra. But no blood, no hair, nothing.

Ok, maybe I'm completely crazy. I thought he had just shop vacuumed it (because of a gas spill he supposedly had months before), and there was absolutely no dna, dirt, nada in the trunk? This is the trunk of HIS car (not her bmw).

I missed this afternoon's testimony. Will check up on it in a bit. Who claimed to post on WS?

Mike Hiller. The state (I think - I haven't gotten there yet in the videos, just here on this site) outed him as being "eye believe" on Websleuths. He posted here in 2008 a couple months after the murder.

You quack me up! ;~P

I don't know if the router has been found...sounds like proof of a specific router model being used on Fri 7/11/08 at 10pm was discovered within a Cisco call log. This type of evidence would show the defendant on his computer when he said he was asleep, as well as show a model of router that was one in which a call could be spoofed.

What isn't clear (actually none of it is clear) is if the router was in his house or in the Cisco office. We know that he only went to the Cisco office once (on the 17th). So if it is in the office, how did it get there? Also, did he access it through VPN (ie, it was in a lab and he logged in through VPN and did something work related that used that router), or if he connected to it from home. But if he was doing it from home, what could he have done the night of the 11th that would need that type of router connecting into Cisco? Lots of speculation here. I do hope we get to hear what it is though.

Ok, maybe I'm completely crazy. I thought he had just shop vacuumed it (because of a gas spill he supposedly had months before), and there was absolutely no dna, dirt, nada in the trunk? This is the trunk of HIS car (not her bmw).

He vacuumed the trunk of his car on June 28 according to his deposition and his interviews with CPD. CPD said the trunk was "Showroom Clean" but BOTH SBI agents testified that it was soiled with dirt and debris.

It was pretty interesting today, listening to MH's theory that the killer could have been a woman. I'm really surprised they brought that out. It casts more doubt, no?

By the way, I didn't catch all of it, but it seemed to make a lot of sense. The ground in dirt on her knees, indicating the struggle occurred outdoors, maybe on a running path.

So why did Cummings do that? I don't think it made MH look bad at all. He believed his friend is innocent and was trying to figure things out.

Can we discuss how much of an impact JA has had on this case?

1) The call:
She made that phone call to police (hysterical) that BC may have harmed her friend. Most people would not jump immediately to: My friend must be dead because she left the house 5 hours ago and is not back yet. Then she goes to the Cooper's and is screaming and swearing at MH. "He @#&*#ing killed her!!!" When MH said he had tennis plans with BC, she got an attitude about that and said "Don't talk to the police".

2) The laundry detergent:
She told police she believed the Cooper's only used ALL detergent so it was suspicious that BC bought Tide.
We know from court that the Cooper's purchased 30 bottles of Tide, 1 bottle of All in the past several years.

3)Ducks and Sticks:
She said she was at the Cooper's on Friday and seemed to recall (although not positive) that ducks and sticks were present in the foyer and now they are not. CPD RAN with that as "a sign of struggle". Never even considered that just maybe NC had packed them away in anticipation of her move. This has been a HUGE part of this case. They never even looked for them because they were positive BC had to have disposed of them somewhere.

4) Painting plans - She called police and told them NC was due to arrive by 9AM to help her paint (for no money) and we now know that NC told several people she was sick of painting. CC never told police about NC's painting plans the day she went missing, not until a month later. HP called the Cooper house and spoke to BC Sat AM and never mentioned anything about NC being at JA's to paint. She only called to firm up pool plans for later that day. So if HP knew about the paint plans, why didn't she call NC on her cell? Now we have a witness who claims NC told her she was going jogging the next day. And no one else at the party was told about painting plans the next day.

NC also told CC she went jogging at Lake Johnson on Thursday, but no one knows who she was with. (JP?)

5) Both JA and BA made it a point to write about the fact that BC was a VOIP engineer. They had to steer police toward the "alleged" spoofed call.

6) JA called the pros about the jury member speaking about the case.

7) JA told CD to write a negative affidavit so BC would lose custody of the girls,and then cut off contact with her when she wouldn't.

8) JA went to NC's to help her organize and unpack, yet NC called the RE agent the previous day and told him she needed to find a new place ASAP. So why would NC still organize and unpack?

So what does this mean? I don't know, but to me it indicates she probably knows something. She worked very hard to steer the police in the investigation, beginning with the initial phone call.

Excellent, and don't forget that JA told MH to not talk to the police, only talk to her and she would pass anything on to the police. That really rattled me.

It was pretty interesting today, listening to MH's theory that the killer could have been a woman. I'm really surprised they brought that out. It casts more doubt, no?

You'd have an easier time convincing me the world is flat, frankly.

This has probably already been mentioned (there's no way I can wade through the 37 pages here), but I still believe the ducks were removed the night of 11th/12th morning. Who is to say that Brad didn't clean the ducks from something and then place them in a box during his wild night of clean and dump.

Mike Hiller. The state (I think - I haven't gotten there yet in the videos, just here on this site) outed him as being "eye believe" on Websleuths. He posted here in 2008 a couple months after the murder.

He did provide a very nice play by play of the crime. Pretty surprising Cummings let all of that play out as well.

From what I heard, they want to offer this as rebuttal testimony, which seems a huge stretch. They offered 2 things from the defense case (the router brought in to show size, and the csa log on the computer). I don't see how anything found at Cisco that would refer to a router could be used as rebuttal for that. It looks like the state found new information and they are trying to "end around it" to get it in. I would actually love to hear it since it could help clear up some of my confusion, but I don't see (and I admit I lack knowledge in this area) how the judge can allow it. Of course, he's made stranger decisions.

Seriously? They have evidence that the router that the defense has continually pointed out was not found in the house and now evidence shows that such a router was known to be used as late as 10 p.m. on Friday, July 11th and the prosecution should not be allowed to introduce that? Do you want a guilty man to walk???

This has probably already been mentioned (there's no way I can wade through the 37 pages here), but I still believe the ducks were removed the night of 11th/12th morning. Who is to say that Brad didn't clean the ducks from something and then place them in a box during his wild night of clean and dump.

It would seem mighty suspicious if they were not there on the afternoon of the 12th and suddenly reappeared on the afternoon of the 13th.

Seriously? They have evidence that the router that the defense has continually pointed out was not found in the house and now evidence shows that such a router was known to be used as late as 10 p.m. on Friday, July 11th and the prosecution should not be allowed to introduce that? Do you want a guilty man to walk???

Only if they let us see an alternate interpretation of the MFT and the google maps searches.

The Prosecution stated that they had just gotten the email from Cisco. JMO, but I feel that any late breaking evidence should be allowed in. Incriminating OR exculpatory. It should go both ways. There are criminal trials whereby evidence has come to light that was not known about beforehand and was allowed in. It should come in.

*And yes, I am saying any late breaking exculpatory evidence should be allowed in also if any is found. Would anyone be against this if it had been good evidence in Brad Cooper's favor pointing toward innocence?

Oh yeah, they didn't seize the shop vac either. (Check)

Did you not hear Cummings? He clearly stated the importance of the ducks to the prosecutions case. Still shaking my head at that one.

On that I agree. He was HORRIBLE! He only needed to ask a few questions:

1. Do you know where those ducks were on July 11th?
2. Do you know where those ducks were on July 12th?
3. Do you know who put those ducks in that box and when they were put in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lashaundaspurlockmissing