Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is painful.

And pointless.

At least I can escape it. That poor jury is trapped.

Oh, I have to turn off the feed. I just can't listen to Kurtz anymore. Does. He. Really. Need. To. Pause. Between. EVERY. Single. Word? Just spit it out already!

this guy is not convincing. more like an unsure defense parrot

I wonder if the pros checked the Cooper's purchase pattern at HT BEFORE BC cut NC off?

fran

Why would that matter? They showed at least 2 other times where milk was purchased in the middle of the night (although closer to 1 am) in the months before the murder.

So buying milk in at HT in the middle of the night was not so uncommon in the Cupper household. Interesting.

I dunno. To me, 1:00am is "staying up late" to shop and 6:00am is "getting up early" to shop. Would have been stronger for defense if there was another 6:00am trip.

It is in the State's interest that the child not become a ward of the State. The law is not horrible, though in cases it is unfair.

With DNA testing for family histories, etc., a surprising number of people are now being discovered with different legal and biological fathers. Happens with mothers, too. After the initial shock of such findings wears off, then comes solving the mystery of who was the biological father and what was going on back whenever.

Interesting, researchers have studied how relatives discuss the features of young children. Female relatives of the mother make far more statements about the young child having features that look like those of the father and the father's family in an apparent effort to reinforce that the child is actually his. This is found in research on various culture.

I don't like it because it can be exploited. If the spouses are seperated, a child can be conceived with someone else as a way to screw over the spouse (for example if that spouse was wealthy for example).

this guy is not convincing. more like an unsure defense parrot

I thought that. But, I am starting to think that it was a pretty smart way to answer a lot of BC answers without having BC testify and face that insanity.

Also, someone was commenting on Kurtz versus Trenkle.

Kurtz and Blum has a LOT of resources at their disposal and do not do a ton of murder trials.

Trenkle is an awesome attorney with years of experience who has taken on a lot of indigent cases.

It makes an intelligent combo.

I dunno. To me, 1:00am is "staying up late" to shop and 6:00am is "getting up early" to shop. Would have been stronger for defense if there was another 6:00am trip.

Both of the trips shown were small trips where milk was the primary item (although 1 included green juice). It simply shows that a trip to HT at an odd time to purchase milk isn't that unusual for them.

Milk and green juice....did these people ever buy any food??

Sheesh, if he was following me around parking lots I would have freaked. One of my fears I guess.

I would have stopped my minivan, gotten out, and asked him what the heck he was doing (provided it was during the day and there were numerous cars in the parking lot).

This is smart....he's trying to show how all of the eye witness accounts could be accurate timewise.

Both of the trips shown were small trips where milk was the primary item (although 1 included green juice). It simply shows that a trip to HT at an odd time to purchase milk isn't that unusual for them.

I agree. Small trips late at night before bed was shown to be somewhat normal for their household. It was not shown that a small trip early in the morning was normal for them.

The defense did a good job glossing them over as both "early morning hours". You have done a good job glossing them over as both "odd hours". But, to me, "before going to bed" and "right after waking up" are two very different times of day.

The Cuppers did have milk in their house. I realize it was not the preferred type for the youngest, but in a pinch, they (or BC) could have heated up a bit of what they had and given that to her. It's not outside the realm of reasonableness when a child wakes up at 4am crying and wants milk.

And, when was the youngest daughter's last bottle the night before? Wouldn't you think as they poured the last drop of that milk into her bottle they might have noticed they were now out of milk? And wouldn't it have been logical to go get some milk long before that 4am wakeup occurred?

As I too am bored with this testimony, I'd like to get thoughts on both side of this. I apologize if it was discussed last night...I actually logged off at a decent hour.

1) Why did the state bring up the websleuths information? Didn't it actually hurt the pros?
2) Why did the state bring up the supposed reason why DD and CD divorced? How is that relevent?

Yawn....I wonder if Nancy could run as fast while wearing 2 right shoes or 2 left shoes?

Math word problems....shoot me now.

I just ran 8 miles this a.m.! It took me 1.5 hrs and that was at 11 min mile approx and NC is a lot faster than me.

Why would that matter? They showed at least 2 other times where milk was purchased in the middle of the night (although closer to 1 am) in the months before the murder.

I didn't see that as helping the defense. Why didn't he go at 4:30? Why wait two hours? That was my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor