State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The quality of the HT surveillance video is craptastic. Good enough to catch shoplifters though, which is their purpose. But to prove delicate/fine jewelry is not being worn? Not so much.

Why wouldn't have been hanging in place? What woman goes around with a necklace tucked under a shouler strap? She bent over the cart several times....it should have been hanging freely if she was wearing it.

It could easily gotten hung on the fabric of her strap. I never wear necklaces anymore for that reason.

You can't say that for sure. You can only say you don't see a necklace. She was wearing earrings too and those can't be seen either. We know Nancy wore her necklace and diamond earrings when she went swimming. How do we know this? Because a picture of her in the pool when she was on vacation the week prior with her family was shown...she was in the pool. And you could see the necklace and earrings!

I can say it for sure because the prosecution didn't refute the testimony. And they darn sure would have if there was the slightest hint of a necklace on her. As for what she did on vacation, there is a huge difference in what you do at home versus in a hotel. Maybe she didn't feel comfortable leaving her valuables in a hotel room.

I do have to head out shortly, so will just say regarding Brad's guilt or innocense..that the triers of fact (jurors) are just like us guys..some maybe use the KISS (keep it simple stupid) thought processes then others who need something hard to hang on to and yet others who look at the whole picture...
I am not trying to be argumentative..but really in truly, just because I believe Brad did this, and do feel evidence has been shown no one else could have done this..or had motive to do this..Nothings really shows that she actually went jogging that morning...(those pesky shoes could be the linch pin for some jurors)....

Except the two same footed shoes in the house were not her size and the opposites were not characterized as missing by CPD, and her current pair of Saucony running shoes were missing.

I think I've posted this 3 times today already and twice yesterday. I know there is a lot of CE involved, but some of this baseless 'evidence' was debunked long ago.

Did you see the line across her chest in the picture I posted #715? I'm not saying that's a necklace but what would cause a straight line like that with a shadow behind it?

her necklace was not that long

Cisco apparently has evidence that BC had a 3825 router in his possession (at home) and access to the cisco network via that router appeared on a log file within cisco. BC accessed Cisco network on 7/11/08 around 10 or 10:30pm using that router. He had an FXO capable router. Betcha that router was never found.

That's a leap. My guess is he accessed a router through his VPN connection to do something work related. What other reason would he possible have for using that router on the 11th to get into cisco with using his vpn connection?

The quality of the HT surveillance video is craptastic. Good enough to catch shoplifters though, which is their purpose. But to prove delicate/fine jewelry is not being worn? Not so much.

Or wiping sweat from your brow.

The small rounded lighter circle - zoom in there a little at a time. I'm leaning toward diamond pendant there. Just my attempt with no real image software. I at least hope the prosecution team has had an "expert" examine this video and screen shots.

Attachments

• nancycooper1-NECKLACE2.jpg
    nancycooper1-NECKLACE2.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 57
  • nancycooper1-NECKLACE.jpg
    nancycooper1-NECKLACE.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 59
here's a good shot of the necklace and where it falls.

nancy_cooper.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpeg

I wonder how many of the jurors came to the same conclusion as you. Again, even the prosecutor didn't question this. Just you.

Facts have to be faced: The necklace is not there, and is not being worn by NC. The video we are trying to look at is a video of a video.

The prosecution had as much access to this video, as the defense. It came from HT from July 11th. The persecution could have introduced this video, and used the FBI video graphic folks to enhance the resolution, thus showing that the deceased was wearing the necklace the day before she was murdered. They did not.

The prosecution did not show the video of NC NOT wearing the necklace because it hurts their case.

Ego, she's not wearing the necklace, and all our efforts to try to find it on her will be futile.

I do remember the state showing a photo to a witness. I think it was a photo from the vacation they had gone on to Hilton Head right before Nancy was killed. I looked at the photo thinking, "Well, I don't see the necklace". Then Amy F. zoomed in several times and then you could see it. I'm not saying that the necklace is there in that video but I do have to say that the quality is so bad, it's not conclusive that it is NOT there either. MOO

I can say it for sure because the prosecution didn't refute the testimony. And they darn sure would have if there was the slightest hint of a necklace on her. As for what she did on vacation, there is a huge difference in what you do at home versus in a hotel. Maybe she didn't feel comfortable leaving her valuables in a hotel room.

They weren't at a hotel. They were staying in a private home on that vacation.

No one can say for sure either way without some high tech enhancement. That's the point. The video and still from the video in it's existing resolution, is not of sufficient quality to tell either way. It looks to me like she might be wearing her earrings in a different frame from that video. I can't determine anything wrt the necklace.

...and he was paid by who?

He offered his services, and he used to work for the State, or so I understand, someone correct me if I am wrong on that last part. But, are you saying that the bias of being paid for by the Defense team should discredit expert testimony, but that their is no bias on the side of the State, that is what it sounds like to me?

The small rounded lighter circle - zoom in there a little at a time. I'm leaning toward diamond pendant there. Just my attempt with no real image software. I at least hope the prosecution team has had an "expert" examine this video and screen shots.

I see what you are talking about. There is also a faint dark line leading to it. I can't tell if it's longer than the necklace pictured or not because she is leaning forward in your picture.

My goodness, the tone. Maybe the prosecutor didn't need to question it. If it's there, they'll blow it up and show a screen shot in rebuttal. If it's not there, it's not there. You can't see earrings in that shot either, you can't see detail.

They would have brought it up today, not in rebuttal, if it were there. Sheesh, even AL is reporting that it wasn't there.

Well c'mon CyberPro! Post the picture and put a little pointer thing where you are seeing the necklace.

I saw something around her neck glint in the light when she turned in the video. To me it looked like a part of the necklace chain.

OK, Here is is. Arrows pointing to the pendant and chain.

Not good quality, but best I could get with the tools at hand.

NC Necklace.jpg

Testimony was that NC was wearing her necklace both the afternoon of 7/11/08 when at HP's pool and at the party the night of 7/11/08. Whatever the defense thinks they see or don't see on this grainy video is not clear. The only thing we can see is that Nancy Cooper is very much alive and vibrant, with her 2 adorable daughters, wearing something black and knee length, with a halter style tie around her neck.

Her poor parents having to see this, the last day their daughter would see a Harris Teeter, the sun, the sky, her daughters, green grass, or drive her car, take a hot shower, prepare food, go barefoot, have a glass of milk, brush her teeth, go to a party or a pool, wear a dress, and breathe air without a struggle.

This film almost brought me to tears for her and her family. Um.

Yes, I see the chain! That's the glint I saw when I saw the video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member