State vs Bradley Cooper 4-21-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the tipsters had already given their reports, what further information would they have? And if they suddenly had a revelation that they'd seen something relevant, wouldn't that be suspicious?

You might want at least a doodling by a Det. mentioning something along the lines of...

Received several reports of suspicious van in the area. Went to construction site, verified workers have vans. Or increased patrols in the area for X amount of time in the area and did not see any suspicious vans. Or I don't know, we did anything other than tail BC, focus our investigation based upon incorrect information given to us from people with inconsistent stories, dismissed multiple witnesses as attention seekers because their story didn't fit our theory, oh and this is a big one, declare this as NOT a random killing prior to following up with any of the witnesses they were soliciting at road blocks.

I found it interesting the prosecution asked several defense witnesses if they had been shown copies of CPD reports when interviewed by the defense....and none had.

You know, I have no idea what the protocol would be in the USA, but up here in Canuk land, people who give information to police do not get copys of their statement. However, when deposed or give an affidavit, yes...but usually when I am expected to testify in a case. I do recall signing my depos and affidavits but only got a copy when I was suppeona'd for court...

I happen to be a note taker, and have calender books going back decades.. I do remember many things when I go to them to recall..Ya all remember my kids accused me with "Sometimers" disease..just like I accused them of "Selective Memory" :floorlaugh:

With what I know about construction and the immigration status of Hispanic construction workers, I'd say theres about a snowballs chance in hell of tracking them down.

You don't put much faith in the CPD then? Believe me, in a MURDER case, if they really wanted to expend the resources and call up help to find those guys (illegal or not) they probably could...at least the vehicle...

IF the hispanics in the maroon van had committed a murder, they're going to lollygag around the location they dumped a body, in view of Sunday morning lady on the porch reading her paper?

Long time WS here, I have not had nerve to post, just wondering why this one thing is so important to you? Do you think that HP killed Nancy, do you think this is just an honest mistake on her part? I have two pairs of diamond earrings (tiny ones so I am not bragging) both pairs have screw backs, my 9 year old daughter got her ears pierced for her birthday, she got cubic zirconia earrings, hers have screw backs, I might assume that all diamond-ish earrings have screwbacks and say the same thing. Does that make me a suspect?
:welcome:

If the tipsters had already given their reports, what further information would they have? And if they suddenly had a revelation that they'd seen something relevant, wouldn't that be suspicious?

Yes, you're right Bottle Cap. Also the one witness stated she called the defense team because she thought perhaps the police had lost their contact info. Huh?? Why would she need Kurtz to tell her if the police had "lost" her contact information.

IF the hispanics in the maroon van had committed a murder, they're going to lollygag around the location they dumped a body, in view of Sunday morning lady on the porch reading her paper?

Thanks, you said it better than I did. The CPD might want to find them to ask what they had seen, but they had a street full of people who live there to ask.

I have a .357 in my bedside drawer. I would not hesitate to use it. I am licensed to carry and know how to use it. Since I am a widow, I am very security oriented.

I'm not a widow, but definitely security conscious. My husband used to travel on business quite a bit. My .357 has a bright red pin-point laser grip on it.

:seeya:

Many witnesses want to get follow-up info... but they do not realize that the police are not going to call you to thank you for the info and say "here's where it lead us...."

What actions did the CPD take to identify and talk to them. Or do investigators in the CPD tell themselves, "sounds like illegals, they must be long gone by now so that piece of information is unimportant".

They were not in view of the lady on her porch, her testimony is that she walked down Fielding and then saw the van and the men parked in the new unfinished development area.

I'm amazed how many people from Cary can't figure out how to use a laser pointer. :waitasec:

-K

Hilarious!! I think my cat knows how to turn on on though. But she is a country cat... she's had to learn to fend for herself.

I'm not a widow, but definitely security conscious. My husband used to travel on business quite a bit. My .357 has a bright red pin-point laser grip on it.

I'm 26 and live alone (except for my kitten :) ) so my G19 is for security. I read so much WS stuff that it has me ready to go lol. I'm determined to stay off of Nancy Grace... lord knows what she would say about me or question my fam about if I turned up missing!

Not only did CPD have a street full of people who lived on Fielding to ask, the residents would be in a way better place to report suspicious or abnormal activity. If those two guys didn't live there, how would they be able to say what was normal and what wasn't?

What actions did the CPD take to identify and talk to them. Or do investigators in the CPD tell themselves, "sounds like illegals, they must be long gone by now so that piece of information is unimportant".

They were not in view of the lady on her porch, her testimony is that she walked down Fielding and then saw the van and the men parked in the new unfinished development area.
I was describing WHO the lady was, not what she was doing when she saw them, sorry.

BUT, seriously....do you think if that lady had walked up on killers in the act of disposing of a body, that lady wouldn't be in the ditch right along with Nancy?

Would have asked:

Is it normal for people to run past your home in the direction you saw the two runners on said morning?

Do you routinely see women running past your home?

I hope you know how to use the laser pointer better than most of these folks that are testifying...:laugh:

With what I know about construction and the immigration status of Hispanic construction workers, I'd say theres about a snowballs chance in hell of tracking them down.

Of course, Bottle Cap, they could have been waiting around until Sunday morning to be arrested! They heard about 3 squares and a cot, plus free medical care, and they thought a jail in Cary might be a little more upscale, possibly terry cloth robes and all. *that was my sarcasm, in case it didn't come across well enough**

I welcome all common sense folk with open arms!! :great:

Not only did CPD have a street full of people who lived on Fielding to ask, the residents would be in a way better place to report suspicious or abnormal activity. If those two guys didn't live there, how would they be able to say what was normal and what wasn't?

The van and the two men were not sitting there on the residetial street in full view of the neighborhood. The witness saw them the following day during her walk, on Fielding, at the development site - where no one lived.

But HP wasn't a random tipster, right? HP was required to give excruciating detail that was more relevant to the case than where to construction workers choose to stand on a Saturday morning. Also of note, in the original report by the Fielding Dr. lady, it was a work van. Years on it seems to be not a work van. Was it a work van or wasn't it? Is her memory better now than then?

It's just hard to believe this is what our DA's office has for ammo.

Edit, sorry, I mean defense attorney no district attorney. This is all fairly new to me.

Don't you think it would have been prudent for police to put some of the details they were receiving from the public on the news?

HP was even more important than a "tipster" because she is a key witness. She lost a lot of credibility when she made up the screw-back earring detail and worked with police to stifle pictures that did not show NC wearing the necklace. She shouldn't have lied, it looks very suspicious.

Add to that he is retired Navy. I wouldn't doubt adrenaline and the thought of protecting his family and home trumped good sense a wee bit. Maybe he had a registered firearm with him.

No registering of firearms in this great state, unless they are Class III. Purchase laws apply, but after that, they're just your guns!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member