State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a silly question, but did he make it to his business meeting? Did anyone see him? tia

People smoke and strangers kill.

But in this case, JY killed his wife.

Maybe a silly question, but did he make it to his business meeting? Did anyone see him? tia

Yes he was late to it. He said he was lost. He had run out of cigar excuses.

He did, but he was 35 minutes late for a 10 a.m. appointment because he got "lost" even though he had a print out of a google map. For what it's worth, they didn't buy the product from him.

HC: Custody. Fishers sent agreement to let them visit CY, but JY had to have control and that meant he could not have control, so they sued him. He was sued in civil court. He had every opportunity to say what he said last summer, but he never did. They would have been happy with visitation. Fisher lawyer said he would have asked JY if he murdered his wife, so JY signed a document that was a permanent custody order. Only way to change it is to go to court, or unless all parties agree. So he gave up custody.

HC is like a living law and order episode. somehow he leaves you hanging and then at the end BAM!

Not an UM in earshot!

I'm really hoping for a dramatic ending like the one he had in the Cooper case, when he held his throat for three full minutes. Hitting the table 30 times would be mighty effective.

I know everyone wants justice for MY and the baby she was carrying, but besides him being a horrid husband, and I know a few, doesn't make him a murderer. He had his women on the side and pretty much did what he wanted to do. I can't see him killing her and leaving his daughter alone for nine or ten hours. So much that does not make sense and the pros is totally relying on emotion, which is not the way to seek justice.

I'm really hoping for a dramatic ending like the one he had in the Cooper case, when he held his throat for three full minutes. Hitting the table 30 times would be mighty effective.

That can go really wrong though. You run the risk of upsetting the jury. It works for the strangulation, because there's no noise involved. I've seen some really bad "reenactments" in closings.

I know everyone wants justice for MY and the baby she was carrying, but besides him being a horrid husband, and I know a few, doesn't make him a murderer. He had his women on the side and pretty much did what he wanted to do. I can't see him killing her and leaving his daughter alone for nine or ten hours. So much that does not make sense and the pros is totally relying on emotion, which is not the way to seek justice.

you don't think like him...be thankful for that.

ETA: you couldn't imagine killing someone, brutally beating someone's face to a pulp, cheating on your significant other, signing over rights to your child, keeping a child from family who loves her, telling everyone about your sex life - any of those things either right?

imo, jmt, all that

From what I'm hearing they are tying the circumstantial evidence together very nicely. The emotion is appropriate due to the brutality of the murder, but they are not totally relying on it.

He was counting on Meredith to go find her, leaving CY there for 9 or 10 hours...he knew she would be safe, Mr. G was there and the doors were locked. $4,000,000.00, no wife nagging you, no need to hide your affairs, no need to have Mother-in-law visit anymore are PLENTY of reasons for Jason to kill Meredith...and that's exactly what he did!

That's one way to look at it. But many see a mountain of evidence against him and only him. Even the defense admitted his shoes might have been there, but just that he wasn't in them. No matter what side one is on, this is not a case with no evidence.

If there is no evidence on the record and he is found guilty and appeals, he'll be let go, but I think there is zero risk of that.

HC: (writing on paper for jury)

Things to think about:

30 blows to the body
No forced entry
No theft
No harm to CY
Had a pair of sized 12 HPs
Strange camera events
In law problems will be cured
Will have $4M if it works the way I think it's going to work
I'm having an affair
Prior testimony

HC countering a powerpoint with a good old analog list. Nice, HC, nice.

Are they just taking abreak? Sorry to keep asking. Hotel Wifi is very poor. Thanks for all the updates.:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95