State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaving here for the day. These closing arguments made me very sad and the somber feeling in the courtroom felt strong. I need to walk away from the banter here. It doesn't matter what any of us think. It's in the jury's hands in the morning. I hope for justice to be done. G'day.

Was JY seen on camera going outside to "smoke his cigar"? If not, why not? How/why did he avoid the cameras then?

That is a question that would come up if I was on the jury. The DT and JY want the jury to believe that JY was able to avoid the cameras doing other things in the hotel but yet it is supposed to be a stretch for the jury to believe that he could avoid the cameras to leave and go kill his wife.

IMO JY is guilty. I feel that the state has proven their case. I feel that the DT was reaching in trying to provide reasonable doubt. During the closing of the first defense lawyer I caught myself answering his questions. For each of his 10 things that he pointed out, I could explain how it was possible for Jason to do the crime. Hopefully this jury really paid attention to ALL of the testimony and the closings. Hopefully Jason will be found guilty before to much longer.

MOO

The defense was awesome, they were so passionate, you can tell they believe in this case..

They have fought for Jason's every day since they started.

I am so proud of them !!

BBM

They did better than HC and BH combined.

Yep, They proved to me that JY is the kind of man who would kill his wife. :what:

Well done with the prosecution's list of circumstantial list pointing out the absurdity of the door propping done in concert with disabling the camera. Evidence strong enough that even the defense team dropped the shoes at Goodwill story and admitted they may have been the shoes at the crime scene, only that it wasn't JY in his own shoes in his own house that had no forced entry.

All well done indeed.

I can't forget as well that Klink pointed out that most people would want revenge or punishment for murder, so we could remember that JY had no concern at all over "finding" the killer.

If it were me, I'd like to get there early tomorrow, and get this thing going. No more time wasting now!

There are lots of Judges around this part that will keep the jury from 9am-7pm or later until they come to a decision.

I hope this jury isn't like the Pinellas 12 that also don't want to waste any more time and speed through their deliberations. The victim in this case deserves their undivided time and devotion to deliberate.

A few of us are going down tomorrow afternoon.
It should be interesting to see what exhibits the jury requests to see .

Plus, who knows, they may come back late tomorrow with the expected guilty verdict.
No point in delaying if all agree after the first vote.

I hope this jury isn't like the Pinellas 12 that also don't want to waste any more time and speed through their deliberations. The victim in this case deserves their undivided time and devotion to deliberate.

Absolutely agree. That's why I think it's not quite great they are starting on a Friday. If you remember, the Cooper jury sped things up a bit to get out by Mother's day weekend.

Can't wait to watch Klink.
I hear his argument was a disaster.
No wonder he was fanning longer/faster than usual this afternoon.

It was very bloody..... No blood in drains..... So how did he clean CS and himself......

I have an answer for this one, and I wish that the State had brought up the possibility themselves.........baby wipes. CY was still in diapers, and any parent knows that when a child is still in diapers there are baby wipes nearby. Baby wipes are awesome things that while small clean up very, very well. Since the diaper was removed from the house it is not a leap at all to say that the baby wipes were also removed.

MOO

What random killer says "I can't track blood out of here" ????
Seriously? Game over.

DT said it would lead back to them. Really?

Look! The bloody foot prints lead right back to the killer's house. :waitasec:

HLN is on now, they are predicting a NG.

Said the Pros had no smoking gun.

A few of us are going down tomorrow afternoon.
It should be interesting to see what exhibits the jury requests to see .

Plus, who knows, they may come back late tomorrow with the expected guilty verdict.
No point in delaying if all agree after the first vote.

If they request exhibits. I have no faith in proper deliberations from juries anymore after the Pinellas 12.

Like I said no matter the verdict I hope they put more time and energy than the Pinellas 12 gave to Caylee Anthony. Michelle and her son deserve proper deliberations.

What random killer says "I can't track blood out of here" ????
Seriously? Game over.

I don't understand that because if JY didn't mind tracking blood around the master bedroom, why would he mind(anymore than a random killer would) tracking blood throughout the house?

Carpets can be replaced, walls can be painted, etc. If he planned to murder his wife I doubt he was too worried about doing a bit of interior upkeep to clean up after. Not to mention his own bedroom was completely messed up. Why would he worry about the rest of the house?

Doesn't make sense.

I see so much reasonable doubt and can't get past it.

There wasn't even a reason he would kill Michelle, he didn't hate her, they were getting ready for a big football weekend, things with MM were cooling down, they agreed not to see each other any more.

No way was he going to be able to collect the life insurance ever.

Oh, Cammy. I thank you for keeping me engaged because your posts keep me stirred up (and that's meant in a positive way!). But, I have to ask if you heard the same trial I did. How you do refute:

Reasons: $4,000,000; the removal of SO many burdens he never wanted in the first place, free to stick his have as many women as he wanted, etc.

He did hate her: You don't treat someone the way he treated her, and NOT hate them.

Big football weekend: Just a small blip in a life that was about to be free of all of Michelle's supposed nagging, whining and (gasp!) needing him to pack water for her to drink at tailgates!

Things with MM were cooling down: What? Really? He talked about being in love with her! He talked about her being pregnant with his kid! How many texts and calls were there the day before he killed Michelle (ok, allegedly, fine.)

He and MM agreed not to see each other any more: My understanding was that they frequently said, "We can't do this anymore.", but then they kept doing ti anyway.

Cammy, the above is ALL said with the utmost respect. I just am amazed that we see it so very differently! I really want to know what you have to say. :blowkiss:

Can't wait to watch Klink.
I hear his argument was a disaster.
No wonder he was fanning longer/faster than usual this afternoon.

No it was a masterpiece.

Some highlights include:

mentioning normal people want punishment for murder (JY didn't care)
JY was a jerk, cheater, etc.
JY had his mind on his girlfriend and defrauding the insurance company on HVAC on his way to Hillsville (not making it up!)
JY's shoes might have been used during the crime
Killer may have changed shoes on the scene
CY was cleaned up (either he or Collins confirming diaper was gone)
Michelle fought back - she gave as good as she got fighting. (LOL she didn't have any DNA under her fingernails despite his saying she must have scratched the killer - but he makes a good point and that's why JY's sweater is gone)

There was much much more. Must be seen to be appreciated.

Collins was using the pound on the table tactic. Personally riled up that they dared have this man in court. Yes, MY was murdered and all, but whatever. Took shots at LF, called the wrongful death and custody suits a game. JY wouldn't "play" so he gave up CY.

In contrast, the PT was measured and deliberate.

During the case, the DT has often outperformed the PT. Today was not one of those days. I think it would take not rose colored glasses but a rose colored hubble telescope to see it otherwise, IMO.

JY is guilty of being a lousy husband, a cheating husband, and displaying very inappropriate behavior. He very possibly may be guilty of this murder or involved in it, However, the PT still has not proved beyond a reasonable doubt that JY is guilty. As Wolfpack has indicated, we are left with too many assumptions of certain coincidences to conclude he is Guilty.

Nothing at the hotel leads me to be convinced he actually left the premise that night. I threw out Gracie's testimony so I have no eyewitness putting him out of the Hotel. There are unknown fingerprints at the crime scene, and jewelry taken at the crime scene. The size 10 shoe print has not been conclusively resolved as to source. The HP sole prints could have been made by a similar shoe or by his shoes if the shoes were in the closet and not at Goodwill. There is no evidence that medicine was given to CY. I threw out CB's evidence as well, but FH's testimony seems solid. CY failed to mention her dad's name when re-enacting the murder with the dolls. JY had no identifiable injuries to his body. It appears someone cleaned CY and there were no fiber transfers or blood between hotel and the home.

All of these are MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member